• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

A vote count will follow... But first, excitement!

tDf4Kk0.jpg

CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING!! | OLYMPIC ARENA!!​

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS TONIGHT'S MAIN EVENT!​

A CHANCE FOR YOU TO WIN A $10,000 CASH PRIZE!!​

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SURVIVE 3 MINUTES IN THE RING WITH CRUSHER HOGAN!!!

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?! DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS??!!

THEN COME ON DOWN TO OLYMPIC ARENA NOW AND SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY!​

(Olympic Arena does not carry any liability or personal responsibility for any injuries you might sustain in the ring that you knowingly signed up to fight in of your own volition.)

So how does this all work?...

1. Between now and the NEXT VOTE COUNT (#3), any player in the Active Player pool can sign up to Fight CRUSHER HOGAN, which will demonstrate the Game's brand new FIGHTING MECHANICS (these are brand new mechanics to the Spider-Man Mafia series, though they take inspiration from something that harkens all the way back to the very first game). According to the Mod, these mechanics will prove critical to winning the game for some people...
2. Signing up to Fight CRUSHER HOGAN requires you to spend an ability activation, and that's just tough luck if you've already spent yours toDay, or have been Roleblocked. Hey, using an ability early in a Day is a huge advantage because it dodges most would-be roleblockers, but now you know the potential drawback of doing so--you might miss an event!
3. If you don't want to fight the guy (or you don't have an ability activation to spend), you can still participate by spending $150 to buy a ticket to the event so you can watch as a member of the audience. Audience members can cheer for Fighters, and improve their chances of winning. Everyone else can watch the event from home on the TV (unlike the last event, this event is going to be public in the Game Thread, but only Fighters and members of the Audience can impact it).
4. Sign up as a Fighter or Audience member through the Mod. Registration closes after the third vote count is posted.

XfTYbS8.jpg

And in other news, school has started up again and students ought to be in class. If you are a student, you know what this means.

•••••

Day 2: Amazing Second Vote Count

a.k.a. The "Storm panics under pressure despite being a whole 4 and a half votes behind the leading wagon" Vote Count

KingofDominaria (8): Tevish Szat, the Human Torch, Morbid Minish (x2), Ragnarokio, Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Turin
Storm (3.5): The Kingpin of Crime, TheCapsFan, Asfinity
ExLight (1): ModVote

The Human Torch's vote BURNS, KingofDominaria's Threshold is reduced by -2.

With 8 votes against, plus the Torch's BURN effect, KingofDominaria is essentially at M-0. But he appears to require more than that...

Not Voting: Asfinyti, Asfinyti, Captan_Lunch, DaRkStAr Andjalo, Doc, dragonteacup, ExLight, HangryHangryHippo, Killjoy262, KingofDominaria, Paranoid King, Silverfish, Skystone, Storm, theatog, Vroendal

With 19 available votes, it takes 10 votes to reach a Majority (now whether or not Maj is required to Remove someone is another matter).

Day 2 will end on August 27th, at 3:30 PM, Eastern Time (click here for an accurate to the second countdown timer).

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
@ExLight If you are just Silenced and not Voteblocked you can vote right now, you just can't say anything alongside your vote, just in case you didn't know. It's possible that you're both, though.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
might want to give people a chance to sign up for the wrestling match anyways

D

Deleted member 97076

So I guess we are pretty sure we want to do this right.
Vote: KoD
Trying to apply normal mafia logic here. I guess this is equivalent to mystic/seer outing a wolf after first night. But just for the record, unanimous and fast(ish?) wagon always makes me uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member 97076

is the wrestling match where spidy first show up, testing his strength, and then let that guy who later killed uncle ben run away? (sorry my knowledge is almost exclusively movie based. although i did watch a few episodes where spidy is working with iceman and that fire lady LOL i completely forgot i watched that show until i was looking up human torch. oh i miss that trio)

is the wrestling match where spidy first show up, testing his strength, and then let that guy who later killed uncle ben run away? (sorry my knowledge is almost exclusively movie based. although i did watch a few episodes where spidy is working with iceman and that fire lady LOL)

In the 2002 movie, "Spider-Man", directed by Sam Raimi and starring Tobey Macguire, yes, the wrestling/cage match against Bonesaw Mcgraw ended with the fight promoter stiffing Peter Parker out of most of the money promised, and then the fight promoter got robbed and Peter decided to let the robber get away because he missed the part where that was his problem...

spider-man-i-missed-the-part-where-thats-my-problem.gif

In the comics, things happened a little differently. He fights a guy named Crusher Hogan in a regular wrestling match but doesn't get stiffed for money by the promoter, in fact, quite the opposite... He gets approached by a celebrity manager/TV producer who starts Spidey down his very brief but not insignificant celebrity television star career (this fact later empowers J. Jonah Jameson to argue the point that Spider-Man is not trying to be a hero for altruistic reasons, but just wants the attention). It's not until after he performs daring feats of his superhuman abilities live on television for a few weeks before the TV network gets robbed and he lets the robber go, resulting in the origin story we all know after that.

As for how that will all play out here, if it does at all, is anybody's guess...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom