• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Given this, and how often transformations occur, I think this list is more useful for narrowing down spider-man than figuring out who is a threat to town. For this reason, I'm very suspicious of SMS.

I also think the list was bad to post, it seems more useful to scum than to town from most angles, but I think it is useful to both, and so I could see SMS making that misplay here as town so i don't think its strongly AI. There's also limited possible motivation for SMS to post the list as scum. The only reason he'd do so is to communicate with other scum players, which is possible but would require a limited number of specific setups to work out. SMS is very unlikely to be mafia, which sharply limits the number of players he could be trying to communicate with.
I'm surprised the fee hasn't been paid at this point. Relative to how much some players have it doesn't seem that significant.

I just read the post now, having gone to sleep shortly after day started. There wasn't a ton of time for players to respond or coordinate payments. Nobody is going to want to pay more than a trivial amount of money on an endeavor that might fail (for instance, i could have chipped in $10,000 but if nobody else paid that would have been money wasted for all i know, and if everyone feels that way then unless we coordinate who's paying and how much it'll be difficult to motivate people to actually send the money). $42069 is steep enough that no one player except perhaps the ultrarich should feel comfortable spending that themselves to get the newspaper running.

If Minish's figure is correct and $500,000 is necessary for entry into the century club, then its also possible that someone with, say, $540,000 would have to balance paying the price against losing their status in the club, which could disincentivize them from paying even if they might otherwise considering their total wealth.

There's also the question of whether or not its wise to funnel money to whoever is extorting the bugle.

It has come to my attention that Rag has dealings with multiple mafia groups. I have a better understanding of the details, but that is reserved for me to know. Rag can speak on his own about his dealings if he wants.

I probably don't need to respond to this, but its not true.

I believe its because the Kingpin misgendered Ragnarokio. The kingpin said he and his

CL is the only person i know in this game who comes to mind that regulraly uses he/him to refer to me, although its not like i keep a list or anything. There are a lot of people I don't know in this game and also anyone could intentionally change the way they refer to me to throw people off. It might be telling but if it is its probably not to a strong degree.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote: Storm

I debated making this public information but yesterday i received a message that basically implied that storm turned my electricity off and that unless I payed him $5000 to fix it that he would roleblock or voteblock me for the remainder of the day. It seems pretty clear to me that he's also responsible for attacking the bugle. I considered his actions self-pres yesterday and so removed my vote, but going after the bugle is going too far, and I think i'm fine considering his actions a threat to town.

D

Deleted member 97076

(1)I didn't really think it was bad tbh, but if it was, damn, I really should've just not came out of retirement for this game to make a dumb mistake

(2)The flipside here though, the bugle is going to reveal attendees anyway I'm guessing.

(3)Also, if yall thought this was a bad move, theatog, Rubik, and you could've just disregarded me saying anything and said my list was wrong, I wasn't there, instead you're coming along confirming it while also saying it's a bad move so I'm sorry, I don't take full blame if this was a massive backfire decision.

(1) I can agree to disagree whether it's bad. Just different of opinion and I can respect that.

(2) There is a huge difference information coming from bugle than from you. Timing, intention, presentation all can be huge factor how each alignment is receiving those facts. I (or people in general, i hope) can be more confident that Bugle had the town's best interest.

(3) this is where I am just completely thrown off... it felt like it makes very little logical sense (to me).

Why (and how even?) would anyone in that list lie about the list? Are you suggesting a coordination of 5 other players to lie together just to discredit you? Or you think something like a 3-3 split would be any good for town, discussing who's telling the truth? So So many question marks here. But i don't think it's worth it to dig in further. At best, our thinking would be very far from being aligned. At worst, i could be led on by someone not even in my alignment.

D

Deleted member 97076

I debated making this public information but yesterday i received a message that basically implied that storm turned my electricity off and that unless I payed him $5000 to fix it that he would roleblock or voteblock me for the remainder of the day. It seems pretty clear to me that he's also responsible for attacking the bugle. I considered his actions self-pres yesterday and so removed my vote, but going after the bugle is going too far, and I think i'm fine considering his actions a threat to town.
lol storm and electricity. how fitting

edit: Now I just need find whose name is associated with fire. I want to hang them.

For what it's worth, I personally would Not Like for KoD to reach his threshold but go off I guess. >.>

care to elaborate?

=================================

how do you describe that feeling when you actually have time to read and response but no one is on while every hour that i can't afford to do that this thread grows 5-10 pages? T_T

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragnarokio

thats going to be for a while unfortunately i feel, my schedule has shifted enough that i feel i'll be asleep during the primetime

but at least i have you for company

Superheroes only look cool at night*, so why shouldn't I be playing this game 'round past midnight?

*YMMV, this is more of a 90's and early 2000's trope

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section

you did make it public info. I had it in my head you were mafia Aligned. The fact you gave over the money so fast and with such a high amount means you either have a rich character or you stole from someone. What if Rag is the Kingpin? Or famous Movie Star Quentin Beck? Professor Curt Conners? I mean it was only like 1000 dollars to taxi over. A fee most of us could muster. Even my not so broke anymore ass.

In regards to the Bugle. I flip a switch. Its random. I could have just as easily shut off Oscorp or Fisk Industries or any of the other businesses. Maybe when Freddeh comes back from Fiji he can fit the bill. I swore Jameson was Century Club material...

Storm

Wouldnt it be funny if i were arrested or killed before the power came back on? I assume someone ekse has the ability to fix electrical stuff, right?

Ragnarokio

It was not hard for me to decide i valued my day activation more than $5000. I can tell you I am at least that rich, but I don't really see how thats AI.

Storm

It was not hard for me to decide i valued my day activation more than $5000. I can tell you I am at least that rich, but I don't really see how thats AI.
Alignment? No
Social standing in the who can be who crossout? Totally

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Just got back home.

$3325 was donated to the Bugle, but it shouldn't make a huge difference at this point if the power comes back on. I got what info was available via wire-transfers.

To my fellow staffers: Your wire transfer attachments and gifs do not go through, it is fine we will be okay.

I am still running the alternate story for NL currently, since FF has the front page covered. After the fact check I'll probably be fine with what we've got.
This is unacceptable. That gif was important!

Also pretty sure you outed me by saying gifs don't go through lol

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
For what it's worth, I personally would Not Like for KoD to reach his threshold but go off I guess. >.>
ato.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom