• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amalgamation of Anime Atrocities - Traps vs Girls Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Also I think we can r
So you more or less just wanted to take inventory? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but in what way would we get a numbers' advantage if the death of anti-town-aligned players would be the same, lynch or none? I understand the caution, but I don't see the whole benefit.

giphy.gif
It does not result in an immediate advantage It results in a late game advantage of the mafia haveing t kill one more person giveing us more chances in the future.

Pen

The game is on!
But good going, Pendio!

I'm sorry but I don't think I understand.

My current thoughts lie at Pendio having a scum lean, and Bok being Third Party due to what seemed to be the SK insisting on funnier's death.

What about my and Bok's interactions with funnier make you think this way of us?

Now excuse me if I misremember things here. It's been a while since day 1 happened and I'm kinda sleepy. Anyway, if I recall correctly it was Bok who accused me yesterday of "planting seeds" when I expressed my suspicion on funnier. He meant I could be a scum buddy of funnier, trying to look good in case he would get lynched. I would like to point out that I think funnier and I clashed a bit too hard to be actual team mates. Now funnier is dead, and of course I know I'm not Mafia (that's nothing I can prove though), but to me it seems awfully convenient that Bok seemingly naturally assumed that funnier was indeed Mafia. It's almost like he actually knew, but that could only be true if Bok was Mafia himself.

If I were to vote right now, I would vote for Bok. The day is still young, however. I would like to hear from everyone.

D

Deleted member 14134

I still need to go back and re-read more. I did say though that if pendio had flipped i would of went after funnier pretty hard but not necessarily the other way around. I might go back and pull quotes later on.
but to me it seems awfully convenient that Bok seemingly naturally assumed that funnier was indeed Mafia. It's almost like he actually knew, but that could only be true if Bok was Mafia himself.
Really? I read funnier scum do to his weak reasoning and how much his game looked compared to previous games where he's been scum. What's convenient about that? You yourself said that funnier's reasoning on you was fishy so why is it strange that I would scum read him for the same reasons? Maybe I'm missing the point here but it kind of feels like you'r saying you think I'm scum for reading him as scum.

D

Deleted member 14134

I really have to start proof reading my posts before posting them lol

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
All right then, I'ma fall back on my tried and true method for finding scum in anime mafia.

Unvote

Vote: Mido

I would pick a generally inactive player but I don't think we have any this game. Well except Pendio, he's actually not a bad idea now that I think about it.

Unvote

Vote: Pendio

With funnier flipping scum, this post is even more odd to me now. Why would he do something like that as scum? It would make sense if he was trying to make it look like he was problem solving, and was just typing as his thoughts came to him, but that wasn't the case here. He specifically said he voted Pendio for usually being inactive, so why the switch from Mido to Pendio when he could have gone with either one?

There's no need to vote. No matter who I decided to go for, the outcome would be the same. If that makes me seem suspicious then so be it, but I'm not going to contribute to a starting lynch that has a higher chance of being bad without good reason to. If I was scum then I'd try to create an alternative lynch or blend in on the No Lynch wagon.

The top two wagons at the time were Kuro and Pendio, and Emiya said he didn't want to vote because no matter who he voted for the outcome would be the same. Why even say something like that? It just makes it seem like he knows both were town and didn't want to be looked into for lynching town. Plus he says if he were scum he would try to create an alternative lynch or blend in on the No Lynch wagon, which doesn't make sense either. Both of those would have made him look suspicious as well, and why create an alternative lynch as scum when there were already a few wagons already? Just looks like he was trying any way possible to avoid looking suspicious. And he did lay low quite a bit when we were on a scum team together, so that looks pretty bad to me right now.

My mind isn't going to change unless something drastic happens. But if I had my way then it probably would've been you.

And if I did vote for funnier, what would it change? The Mafia could use that as an opportunity to tie up the votes since the Day is approaching its end, and that's not something I'm going to risk. I won't let them have the upper hand on the very first Day. That's all there is to it.

Again, he was suspicious of funnier and there were multiple people at the time saying they would vote funnier if a wagon on him picked up, so why wouldn't he take that opportunity?

And why the fear of someone tying up a wagon? Scum make desperate moves like that sometimes and give themselves away, so that would have been a pretty good thing.

...Finally. >_>

Funny story: When I posted this I thought that we had an hour left in the Day and failed to take timezones into account.

Funnier story: funnier's push to get me to vote felt like he was sheeping Bok and trying to look Town, so that's why I was adamant about not giving in. If he'd survived then I would have advocated his lynch; there simply wasn't enough time to turn the tides. But good going, Pendio!

A'ight, let me reread the thread and post my thoughts tomorrow. Kinda tired.

If you felt funnier was trying to look townie, why not just vote him, instead of saying you weren't going to give into what you thought he was trying to do? Plus it's easy to say you'd be advocating his lynch today now, after he flipped scum.

I'm puzzled as to why the Mafia would go after DekuNut. Going by the votes, there's literally no reason to unless Mezlo is scum (which I doubt (psyche! he's always scum) completely. All in all, he looked like a safe kill.

This also stands out to me a bit. Seems pretty obvious Deku was killed to give us no information, since he didn't really post much. But I could see you being scum, targeting Deku, and then bringing this up to try and throw some shade on Mezlo. I recall you suggesting and doing a similar thing in Korra 3.

If it's not clear by now, I'm pretty suspicious of Emiya. He seems like he's trying to play too safe, which is in line with his scum play.

As for some thoughts on other people.

Bok looks pretty townie to me right now. I know people made a connection with him and Kuro, and possible seed planting, but Kuro flipped town so that's not the case now. Plus he was pretty adamant about being suspicious of funnier and kept his vote on him until near eod, when nothing was going to come of it, despite some others saying they would possibly vote for funnier as well. Would've been a pretty big risk to push him that hard and keep a vote on him with mounting suspicion if they were scumbuds.

Pendio doesn't look too bad since funnier flipped scum. Again, I don't see funnier pushing Pendio's lynch and almost succeeding if they were scumbuds. Plus their arguing felt pretty genuine.

I'll try and post some reads on other people later, probably when they post a bit more, but this is just the stuff I felt the need to comment on now after re-reading the thread.

Pen

The game is on!
I come back to this thread expecting maybe one or two pages of new posts, but it turns out only Bok and Minish have posted. :c Looking at my play last game I know it might not mean an awful lot coming from me, but I would love to see some more activity from most of the players in this game. I want to know where everybody stands today.

You yourself said that funnier's reasoning on you was fishy so why is it strange that I would scum read him for the same reasons?

It's not exactly because you found him suspicious. It's moreso because of your "planting seeds" accusation on me. Idk but to me it sounded as if you were dead set on the two of us being scum at the time. Or at least funnier. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I will be keeping an eye on you.

With funnier flipping scum, this post is even more odd to me now. Why would he do something like that as scum? It would make sense if he was trying to make it look like he was problem solving, and was just typing as his thoughts came to him, but that wasn't the case here. He specifically said he voted Pendio for usually being inactive, so why the switch from Mido to Pendio when he could have gone with either one?

I honestly have no idea. It seemed pretty odd even before I learned he was Mafia. It seems to me now that it was most likely just funnier trying to seem like he was leading us through his thought process of sorts. I can't be too sure though.

Just looks like he was trying any way possible to avoid looking suspicious.

I do like your analysis of Emiya and I do agree with the logic behind many of the points you make against him, but I don't think it's AI if a player tries to avoid looking suspicious. I mean, no matter what side you're on you don't wanna risk gettling lynched. That being said, I think you bring up other solid arguments.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm sorry but I don't think I understand.
You mean it wasn't you who shot funnier? I was so certain...

The top two wagons at the time were Kuro and Pendio, and Emiya said he didn't want to vote because no matter who he voted for the outcome would be the same. Why even say something like that? It just makes it seem like he knows both were town and didn't want to be looked into for lynching town. Plus he says if he were scum he would try to create an alternative lynch or blend in on the No Lynch wagon, which doesn't make sense either. Both of those would have made him look suspicious as well, and why create an alternative lynch as scum when there were already a few wagons already? Just looks like he was trying any way possible to avoid looking suspicious. And he did lay low quite a bit when we were on a scum team together, so that looks pretty bad to me right now.
Neither Pendio nor Kuro looked suspicious to me. Both of those wagons seemed set up somehow, which is why I didn't want to contribute to either of them. Honestly, a lot of the points you're making above and below just come off as overthinking and possibly painting me to look scum. Your entire case is built around my decision to not vote for funnier, or to not jump on the other wagons. So refusing to vote for anyone without a good reason to other than a hunch makes me looks suspicious must be the bottom line of your allegations.

Again, he was suspicious of funnier and there were multiple people at the time saying they would vote funnier if a wagon on him picked up, so why wouldn't he take that opportunity?
Dunno, why wouldn't the rest of them pick up on it? Why isolate me alone?

And why the fear of someone tying up a wagon? Scum make desperate moves like that sometimes and give themselves away, so that would have been a pretty good thing.
No lynch = no information. I don't know if Jamie is doing the coin flip thing in case of a tie, but I'd rather not have to jump on a bandwagon to look Town. That's how I play as either alignment.

If you felt funnier was trying to look townie, why not just vote him, instead of saying you weren't going to give into what you thought he was trying to do? Plus it's easy to say you'd be advocating his lynch today now, after he flipped scum.
No, it was before he flipped scum. I didn't know his alignment anymore than you did unless, you know, both of you were working together.

This also stands out to me a bit. Seems pretty obvious Deku was killed to give us no information, since he didn't really post much. But I could see you being scum, targeting Deku, and then bringing this up to try and throw some shade on Mezlo. I recall you suggesting and doing a similar thing in Korra 3.
Picking safe targets is pretty standard for Mafia, yes, but Deku was simply a random kill altogether. Plus if he really was killed to make Mezlo look bad, then we could simply look back at Mezlo's posts and see who he went after. But how does this any of this make me look like the one who killed Deku? That could have been anybody, maybe even you, but it wasn't me. Seems like you're just drawing false connections.

Also, do you still have the Korra 3 QT open or something? ;P

If it's not clear by now, I'm pretty suspicious of Emiya. He seems like he's trying to play too safe, which is in line with his scum play.
And townplay. Maybe there's another reason for that?

Kuro

caw
About 24 hours left and I'm still not sure where I stand today. Can whoever's willing pick a target and list me at least 3 clear reasons why they should be lynched?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I do like your analysis of Emiya and I do agree with the logic behind many of the points you make against him, but I don't think it's AI if a player tries to avoid looking suspicious. I mean, no matter what side you're on you don't wanna risk gettling lynched. That being said, I think you bring up other solid arguments.

That's true. I think I may have worded that bad. It's more that he's being overly cautious so that people can't really look into his actions too much.

Neither Pendio nor Kuro looked suspicious to me. Both of those wagons seemed set up somehow, which is why I didn't want to contribute to either of them. Honestly, a lot of the points you're making above and below just come off as overthinking and possibly painting me to look scum. Your entire case is built around my decision to not vote for funnier, or to not jump on the other wagons. So refusing to vote for anyone without a good reason to other than a hunch makes me looks suspicious must be the bottom line of your allegations.

I'm not painting you to look scum, I just actually feel like you might be. I don't think it was really overthinking at all. I read back through the thread to see if anything stuck out to me after the flips, and your posts stood out to me the most as feeling odd. And what else am I supposed to base my case on? I have to look into people's voting patterns and actions to see what looks scummy. Your decision to not vote for anyone is still taking an action, so I can still read into that.

Dunno, why wouldn't the rest of them pick up on it? Why isolate me alone?

Bok had his vote on funnier for a while, and Pendio said he would vote funnier if the wagon picked up. But at the time he was one of the leading wagons, so I understand why he would want to stay where he was for the time being. The reason I singled you out is because you actively chose not to vote funnier even though you said you found him suspicious. At least the other people who said they would vote for him if they felt it would lead somewhere did actually vote somewhere else in the end.

Picking safe targets is pretty standard for Mafia, yes, but Deku was simply a random kill altogether. Plus if he really was killed to make Mezlo look bad, then we could simply look back at Mezlo's posts and see who he went after. But how does this any of this make me look like the one who killed Deku? That could have been anybody, maybe even you, but it wasn't me. Seems like you're just drawing false connections.

Also, do you still have the Korra 3 QT open or something? ;P

I don't think Deku was killed to make Mezlo look bad, but I think that you could be trying to work that angle. Why else would you bring it up?

Hey, Korra 3 has been my only scum game, of course I'm gonna remember stuff from it! Haha.

And townplay. Maybe there's another reason for that?

I get being cautious at certain times. I've certainly had thoughts before that I never posted because I felt they might look too suspicious, even though they weren't. But it just feels like you're try too be too safe. You gotta take risks as town sometimes to find mafia, and if you're town than you should be able to defend those risks fairly well.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Well clearly my reasoning on Pendio and Bok is null and void after reading back up into this. There seems to be a heavy focus if not tunneling on Emiya from Minish, but other than that it's too quiet. This seems like a pretty bold move for Minish to make solo, so her flipping scum isn't likely unless Emiya flips town. Is there anyone else that wants to add their two cents to the Emiya case going on?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
This is going to be my last personal defense. After this, I'm going to read through the thread and post some general thoughts there was more going on than one person's unwillingness to vote.

Also, Kuro subbed in for Mellow Ezlo, correct?

I'm not painting you to look scum, I just actually feel like you might be. I don't think it was really overthinking at all. I read back through the thread to see if anything stuck out to me after the flips, and your posts stood out to me the most as feeling odd. And what else am I supposed to base my case on? I have to look into people's voting patterns and actions to see what looks scummy. Your decision to not vote for anyone is still taking an action, so I can still read into that.
Then why not look at the people who actually voted too? Yes, my decision to not vote was a passive action, but you are focusing on that too hard and from my point of view it is overthinking. If I was his scumbud, then I doubt he would have wanted to risk making me look bad by prompting me to vote. He mainly seemed to be tossing out seeds and hoping to see them flower.

Bok had his vote on funnier for a while, and Pendio said he would vote funnier if the wagon picked up. But at the time he was one of the leading wagons, so I understand why he would want to stay where he was for the time being. The reason I singled you out is because you actively chose not to vote funnier even though you said you found him suspicious. At least the other people who said they would vote for him if they felt it would lead somewhere did actually vote somewhere else in the end.
Honestly, I was feeling a bit of a disconnect during Day 1 and just didn't have any suspicions on the main wagons. Then Bok and funnier started pressing everyone to vote and my uncertainty turned into a reluctance of sorts. I found funnier's push to be the most suspicious because it seemed like he was sheeping Bok from a safe position. And I thought that Pendio might have figured the same and shot him, but someone else must have caught on. But before anything else, I was loath to muddle everything up by creating a third wagon. Does that make sense?

I don't think Deku was killed to make Mezlo look bad, but I think that you could be trying to work that angle. Why else would you bring it up?

Hey, Korra 3 has been my only scum game, of course I'm gonna remember stuff from it! Haha.
Because you were the first to bring it up lol. In your own words, you said you could see me killing Deku to "throw some shade on Mellow".

But sheesh, just about everything I do reminds you of Korra 3. :right:

I get being cautious at certain times. I've certainly had thoughts before that I never posted because I felt they might look too suspicious, even though they weren't. But it just feels like you're try too be too safe. You gotta take risks as town sometimes to find mafia, and if you're town than you should be able to defend those risks fairly well.
Once again, maybe there's a reason for that?

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
Also personally not a fan of a D1 lynch, I'd rather wait for a flip to get a better grasp on things.
What did you mean by this? Causing a no-lynch ensures that there is no flip and that the Mafia would get a free kill either way. If you're trying to play a by-the-numbers game then a no lynch scenario would mean there is no flip.

So then I leave you for a while, but first I must ask; @funnier6 who are you suspicious of now? Surely there's enough material for you to cast your opinion.
Possible collaboration. Might've been certain that funnier wouldn't get any heat.

I feel like Pendio is planting seeds with funnier here. He says he's suspicious of him but won't vote him just yet and instead votes someone completely different. I feel like if funnier started to get heat Pendio could claim that he was suspicious earlier and easily jump on a funnier wagon to look good. I think if funnier flipped scum I'd be going after Pendio next and vise versa.
Now this line of thought had me thinking. I can understand as to where you're getting that "wishy-washy" vibe out of Pendio, but I do want to ask about the funnier-Pendio exchange? Is the ingenuine feeling you get from them coming from both sides to the equation, or more accurately speaking, in how they're talking to each other in the thread?
I'm not a huge fan of this. I feel like you're fishing a bit, and I think it's too early to assume that Pendio is "planting seeds". I'm unsure of funnier myself, but what makes him a better lynch than Kuro at this point? Are you trying to move the lynch away from him? I know you said Kuro is on your potentially scum list, and that you'd have no problem lynching him, so why not just vote for him? It does seem like you're reaching, and your opinion of Kuro kind of looks like a "throw suspicion on a scumbud early whilst avoiding lynching him so that, if he gets lynched, you can say you were suspicious the whole time as an attempt to gain some town cred".
This entire string just doesn't sit well with me. What about Pendio's posts was planting seeds? Looking back, funnier pretty much tried to make Pendio look suspicious because he was normally "inactive as Mafia", yet here Pendio was clearly making an active effort to stay alive. Despite already having a vote on funnier, Bok states that Pendio could opportunistically jump on the funnier wagon to look good. Given funnier's flip, that stood out to me because Bok could be doing the exact same thing (sort of puppy-guarding) to make himself gain Town cred. Also, since funnier flipped scum, why hasn't he gone after Pendio?

Vote: Bok of the Wild

When funnier flips town I hope you all feel stupid. I just realized Minish removed her RVS so I'm not much of a wagon anymore, though there are a lot of people throwing shade and saying they're okay with voting me and then not doing it. I'll have to look back and check who they were, anyway Pendio is the worst one, as he basically said he would join only if it gained votes.
Clears himself without giving the outcome of him being scum? Man, I feel pretty stupid for being right about this.

D

Deleted member 14134

This entire string just doesn't sit well with me. What about Pendio's posts was planting seeds? Looking back, funnier pretty much tried to make Pendio look suspicious because he was normally "inactive as Mafia", yet here Pendio was clearly making an active effort to stay alive. Despite already having a vote on funnier, Bok states that Pendio could opportunistically jump on the funnier wagon to look good. Given funnier's flip, that stood out to me because Bok could be doing the exact same thing (sort of puppy-guarding) to make himself gain Town cred. Also, since funnier flipped scum, why hasn't he gone after Pendio?
How would Pendio opportunistically jump on the funnier wagon to look good? There was no funnier wagon when I said that. I made the funnier wagon. It looks like it was planting seeds because he was he was suspicious of funnier but decided to let it go and vote for kuro. My point was if funnier was going to get voted out Pendio could then jump on the wagon because he could say he was suspicious of him earlier to gain town cred. I said Funnier was the better option at that point and that's why I went after him. I also don't get how people think I don't have a point saying Pendio was planting seeds but then say the exact same thing me and say it's scumy. The hypocrisy runs deep here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom