• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the Only One?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I guess in Twilight Princess, death by lava was a bit disturbing. I was never creeped out by it though. In Skyward Sword and the Wind Waker, however; it was hilarious!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This was one of the very weird things out of Twilight Princess....Aside from that really weird cut scene, Zants weird freakout and the dark theme of the game! This particular scene stood out, there was something really horrible about watching our beloved hero drowning in lava and the pain he must suffer!

This was very unlike The series and just showed us how dark Twilight Princess was but I stillmlove that game :)

Deeds

no text
I don't really find Link suffering sad, mainly because I know it's a game ;) I can understand why it may be painful to watch though, considering the age you were at, and TP is quite a graphic game, compared to others. You aren't crazy, maybe I am :)

I might be seen as a bit creepy for this, but I found a certain twinge of enjoyment when I heard Link scream as he mercilessly burned to death (or...respawn if he has hearts left).

Yes, you read that correctly: enjoyment. I'm not sure what it was, made it was the pitch of his scream? Whatever it was, it made me continue throwing Link into lava in the hopes that he would scream again. I found there were around 3 different clips he would use, interesting! xD

LOL...sadistic much? Actually, I can kind of relate to this (and I hope this doesn't sound creepy either) but I always thought Link's voice in TP was kind of hot. Like when he groans/screams while transforming into a wolf for the first time... XD I'm obviously not attracted to him, but I did go on Youtube after that and rewatch that cutscene a *few* times, hehehe

I enjoyed TP ( yes their are people on this site that loves TP ) and when i 1st saw link die in the lava it made me go " OOOHHHHHhhh" then i fell again just to see it again. did it bother me? not really but everyone is different, also even if you stick 100% to a guide youll still probably get killed hear and their, plus guides can ruin the fun of the adventure.

Last edited:
nah i never did honestly i never feel any emotion really while playing video games other than accomplishment when i complete certain objectives.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Not really, but it can be for someone of that age. I never really have cared too much about video games and the "emotions" from them up until recently, so when I was that young I just didn't think about it I guess.

I have the best story ever about this.
So when I started TP, I was maybe nine. When I finished the Forest Temple, i was probably 10 or 11. I know I was 11 when I cleared the Goron Mines. But it took me two months, because I sucked at jumping. I fell into the lava countless times, dying too many times to count. I used up so many bottles of milk i had to go through the entire overworld twice just to get enough to pay.
And not once did I notice how gruesome it was when he fell into the lava.
I pride myself on putting myself in Link's shoes. I still have a bit of a crush on Midna, which is completely inappropriate because I'm into guys. I wince when I get hit and completely release the tension in my body after seizing up when I die. But I never noticed how horrid Link's death was in the magma, and I'm numbed to it by now.
That's not my story--my story is that after I got the boss key, every chest but that one you can't get, and am ready to take on Fyrus, guess what happens. I get stuck at the entrance and die like 50 more times.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Lol it is kinda depressing, although most of the time I feel more frustrated at DYING then I feel sad at seeing Link die.

Unless they play some sort of depressing music...like...in Spirit Tracks...and Phantom Hourglass DX

Hey, at least in Skyward Sword, instead of burning to death, he just floats in the air and grabs at his burning tush XD a lot less tramatic then him dying.

Lol it is kinda depressing, although most of the time I feel more frustrated at DYING then I feel sad at seeing Link die.

Unless they play some sort of depressing music...like...in Spirit Tracks...and Phantom Hourglass DX

Hey, at least in Skyward Sword, instead of burning to death, he just floats in the air and grabs at his burning tush XD a lot less tramatic then him dying.

Yeah, i's aggravating. I died a lot, so I know the music well. It's sad in TP, but it has a sort of tragic feel to it in ST and PH. Granted, I haven't died in ST for over 7 months, but I remember it.

Oh mah Farore, SS lava death was hilarious! Inf act, SS was a lot more lighthearted than any other Adult Link games. I regard it as a true cel-Link game. Now, Adult Toon Link... what would that be like?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I was shocked the first time I fell into the magma and heard Link scream like that. ( I was like: o_O:silent::shake:>.>:hmm::blank::eek:h:D: ) Sorta horrified me for a few minutes, but I got over it.

I do still kinda cringe every time it happens though...

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
TP was dark. For a Zelda game. And the death by lava thing can be seen as scarring to the young and impressionable. But for me, my reaction to when I fell into the lava the first time was the same as it always is. Which is basically me going, "Noooo!!! Son of a beast!" and ending up where I was before I fell.

I laugh it off though. Unless I'm down to one heart. "How do you like your Link? Original recipe or extra crispy? Extra crispy it seems." *dies in lava*

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Personaly i think its pretty funny when Link falls into lava, especialy when Toon Link falls in and jumps extremely high, it seems to md to bemeant to be comical slapstick comedy, the way he screams is funnny and much like from cartoons, the only times i dont like when Link dies is Majoras Mask... Because of... BEN

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes I admit it was pretty sad to see it happen. But on the other hand it's a game. In the game you can die and have to do it over again. And there are many hard ways Link can die. Personally being the crap out by an Iron Knuckle or picked to death by a cuccoo is very painful too. But you must keep in mind it's just a game. It's easy to avoid the lava so he won't fall into it. If you keep focused on the fact it's just a game and unfortunately this painful dead can happen you will get over it more easier. Just try not to focus too much on not falling into the lava.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom