• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Am I the Only One Who is Disappointed?

The biggest gripe for me is the artstyle

It just doesn't seem dignified or have the polish of what I would expect from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. Honestly it reminds me of the Nintendoland Zelda mini game :\

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"making me wait so long"
Holy christ, how self entitled can you get? They can and will make and release games as they please. They could end the Zelda series. They don't owe it to you to release a game, all they owe to you is to give you what you pay for.

Sorry, but as a Zelda fan and a personal follower of many quotes, I can say that the series is very heavily inspired by its fans. Naturally, we're entitled to feel entitled to things, even if we aren't as such.

M

mozetich

"making me wait so long"
Holy christ, how self entitled can you get? They can and will make and release games as they please. They could end the Zelda series. They don't owe it to you to release a game, all they owe to you is to give you what you pay for.

Sorry, did I offend you? I understand Nintendo is going to do what Nintendo is going to do, but that can't stop me from having feelings. They tease us with eMessages last year and say it's going to be more like console Zelda's then they don't say anything till like 16 months later.. And then this..

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Eh. The last thing you want is apathetic fans. No matter what you do, you hope for some kind of reaction. The unhappiness over LttP2 is, in the grand scheme of things, positive. It means that people still care enough about the franchise to speak out about it. The day you release an announcement and your fans' reaction is [deadpan]'wooooo'[/deadpan], you better work on a new IP.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I see it coming. First everyone was like:

"Oh please Nintendo. Do something original, not another Remake."

Now, everyone wants a Majoras Mask Remake.

Finally, a Majoras Mask 3D Remake is released. The Fans:

"Oh, Nintendo, another Remake? Please, you have to make something more original instead of remaking old games."

Whatever Nintendo is doing, people will complain. In my memories, Zelda Fans were much more open for new stuff. Reading this Thread makes me feel like I'm under Final Fantasy Fans.

"Oh Square Enix. Please Remake Final Fantasy VII. And after the Remake, please remake it again."

Well, there may be a bit drama in my post, but that's the situation here ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sure, just try to not make it look like Nintendo is trying to screw you by not making the game you wanted, and instead doing what they wanted. I mean, come on.

Again, since the Zelda series is heavily influenced by what the fans want, if a fan does not get most of what they wanted it is pretty much a personal attack evenif Nintendo didn't mean it. That's what happens when you let the fans influence your series.

Oh, and doing things like releasing a string of 3D titles then BAM top-down is pretty much Nintendo "trying to screw me". It's a slap to every fans' face especially after talk of looking at OoT3D to see what will work. >_>

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Again, since the Zelda series is heavily influenced by what the fans want, if a fan does not get most of what they wanted it is pretty much a personal attack evenif Nintendo didn't mean it. That's what happens when you let the fans influence your series.

Shigeru Miyamoto told us a long time ago, as a developer, to not take everything seriously what the fans want. Simply because you will disappoint them. And he is absolutely right.

Xyphon It's good to know you aren't one of those people who tries to cause trouble, but in regard to the post, it wasn't that it was aggravating but rather the way it was written suggested that one might be trying to get a negative response.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Shigeru Miyamoto told us a long time ago, as a developer, to not take everything seriously what the fans want. Simply because you will disappoint them. And he is absolutely right.

I definitely agree. In the end I guess my complaints are useless because Nintendo is a company and companies do nothing but make the most money. :3

Well, posting my opinion in this thread would be like swimming with sharks in a meat suit. Nonetheless, i shall share what i feel about this new Zelda title.

The original A Link To The Past was not one of my favorite Zelda games, but i still liked it. It was a new experience compared to it's predecessors and it had alot to offer. I enjoyed the game, it was fun, mysterious and it had me in it's grip for 10+ hours.

Now this is where i will be in deep crap because i, for one, am not disappointed in the look of this new game. This game is a reminder of what the series was before it became a full 3D experience and i am glad that they are bringing it back to basics. I'm not sure what everybody else saw, but i think the gameplay looks fantastic! I'm sure plenty of people were expecting this game to look like OoT3D, but you guys should know by now Nintendo doesn't work that way.

The only thing i am disappointed in is the people who are disappointed in this game.

Well every one is entitled to their opinion, and I won't attack you because of yours this shark is going to keep on swimming, that said my opinion is based off what they lead us to believe they were going to give us, it isn't what I hoped for but I will still likely enjoy it greatly, just keep treading water my friend not all sharks are so friendly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well every one is entitled to their opinion, and I won't attack you because of yours this shark is going to keep on swimming, that said my opinion is based off what they lead us to believe they were going to give us, it isn't what I hoped for but I will still likely enjoy it greatly, just keep treading water my friend not all sharks are so friendly.
@Red
I don't care if your opinion is contrary to anyone else's....I'm with Shadow here. I just don't like being ganked after being lead to believe something. Like, they gave us all the wrong hints as to what ALttP2 was gonna be.

Other than not meeting the expectations of my self and many others, the thing that bothers me the most about it is that it isn't using very much of the 3DS's potential which comes off as lazy, but its good that you like it Bigred, Nintendo will need fans like you if this turns out to be as bad of a move as I feel it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom