• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Am I the Only One Who Feels Like Nintendo is Running Out of Ideas?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
nintendogs + cats
Paper Mario
PilotWings Resort
Steel Diver

Theres tons of new games for the 3DS. Nintendo makes a few remakes, and suddenly they're not original anymore. Plus they have a huge amout of third party games on the 3DS.(Resident Evil, MGS, Street Fighter,ect.) The only remakes they're making are Star Fox, and OoT. Super Mario land is not a remake, and it is for virtual conse.
How are Animal Crossing and Paper Mario not remakes when AC originated on the Gamecube and Paper Mario on the N64 unless that's not their complete title in which that makes sense

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Just like others have said, Nintendo is just guaranteeing that people will by the system. By remaking popular games for a brand new system, they know people will buy the games they already know are good.

Remakes also do a great job showing of the system and the 3D technology. People already know what these games look like and the remakes will be almost a direct comparison. Consumers will be able to look at the original game and then compare it to the 3DS, sort of like a before and after image. Is this the main reason Nintendo is doing it? Probably not. Most likely it's just them getting a head start on sales, just like they did with Super Mario 64 when the DS first came out.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
How are Animal Crossing and Paper Mario not remakes when AC originated on the Gamecube and Paper Mario on the N64 unless that's not their complete title in which that makes sense

They're completely new games. Nintendo's not remaking Paper Mario; completely new story and gameplay.

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
nintendogs + cats
Paper Mario
PilotWings Resort
Steel Diver

Theres tons of new games for the 3DS. Nintendo makes a few remakes, and suddenly they're not original anymore. Plus they have a huge amout of third party games on the 3DS.(Resident Evil, MGS, Street Fighter,ect.) The only remakes they're making are Star Fox, and OoT. Super Mario land is not a remake, and it is for virtual conse.

well it's like i said earlier, remakes are alrght but it's just releasing them so early on the system is wha i'm bothered about, Street Fighter is just going to be a 3D version of Super Street Fighter 4, no other differences

Didn't I already /thread this?

Listen to Kybyrian, the 3DS is starting with remakes for a jump start, after all that money is collected, they can begin developing new games for it. It's called planning, not running out of ideas.

yea but doesn't it seem a bit weird that Nintendo would just rerelease some games but just with better graphics? i mean if they make it like Super Mario 64 DS were there were many changes made then yea i'd welcome that but it doesn't seem like they've announced any gameplay differences in Star Fox 64 or OOT

Kybyrian

yea but doesn't it seem a bit weird that Nintendo would just rerelease some games but just with better graphics? i mean if they make it like Super Mario 64 DS were there were many changes made then yea i'd welcome that but it doesn't seem like they've announced any gameplay differences in Star Fox 64 or OOT

We don't know if there are going to be any changes or not at this moment. I believe it was stated some time back that there's the possibility of golden skulltula relocations, but I'm not too keen on researching this stuff so I don't know for sure. Tell me if there are going to be any real changes (maybe slightly different dungeons?) or not. I don't really read up on this stuff. :P

And to answer your question, no, I don't think it's weird at all.

And take this into consideration:

LolGames4U said:
They're completely new games. Nintendo's not remaking Paper Mario; completely new story and gameplay.

We don't know if there are going to be any changes or not at this moment. I believe it was stated some time back that there's the possibility of golden skulltula relocations, but I'm not too keen on researching this stuff so I don't know for sure. Tell me if there are going to be any real changes (maybe slightly different dungeons?) or not. I don't really read up on this stuff. :P

And to answer your question, no, I don't think it's weird at all.

And take this into consideration:

well let me get a better example about where i'm getting at cause slightly altered areas and relocating items doesn't exactly make alot of difference, i will use Megaman X as an example, now the original Megaman X was very fun on the Super Nintendo, it had it's difficulty fair and everything was good, years later they have a remake for the PSP Megaman Mavereck Hunter X, but this didn't just get a graphic inhancement they did much more, now i am aware that that remake had relocation of it's own but it had the new Vile mode where you play as of course Vile (if you never played Megaman X Vile is one of the villains) and he actually changes the gameplay pretty drasticly despite that he has the same stages as Megaman but just remodled to balance the difficulty for Vile cause trust me in case you've never played this game Vile would have completely broken the game if his stages had the same layouts as Megaman's, especially when you get all of his weapons.

but yea that's what i mean by making things different, if Nintendo would have wanted to do something like that they probably should give Link the transformation masks from MM and then change the areas so tha they work for the transformations, i know story wise that wouldn't make sense but this is a remake we're talking about, or what they can do is do something they never done before, give the option to play as Sheik, to make a completely new gameplay style, it could be a seperate mode after you finish the game, playing through the game as Sheik, they would have to alter a few things but that really shouldn't be a problem, you get what i mean?

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Its not like Nintendo doing a re-release of old games is anything new, not by a long shot. They've been doing it since the SNES era. Heck they even did the GBA straight-NES-ports which added nothing new to the games being released. Why does anything getting re-released now mean cause for concern?

Remaking stuff usually isn't 'running out of ideas', but more 'testing the waters'. Easier for the developers to see the difference as well as the customers when you're revisiting an old game than when you're just throwing a whole new formula together. Although Blazestarre already covered that.

well I also remember by the time Mario 64 got released on the DS some poeple already started saying in that time that they wanted a remake of OoT, and I have a vague memory of Nintendo saying that was not happening, and that they would wait for the ''right moment''...

anyways they know it will sell so they revamp the whole style and I don't doubt it will have something new, like LA with the DX version...

I'm buying it I seriously can't wait to play it on full 3D!

I'm sure making more remakes is to let them have more time to think of more ideas. Also probably add something new in the remake to the orginal.

Its not like Nintendo doing a re-release of old games is anything new, not by a long shot. They've been doing it since the SNES era. Heck they even did the GBA straight-NES-ports which added nothing new to the games being released. Why does anything getting re-released now mean cause for concern?

Remaking stuff usually isn't 'running out of ideas', but more 'testing the waters'. Easier for the developers to see the difference as well as the customers when you're revisiting an old game than when you're just throwing a whole new formula together. Although Blazestarre already covered that.

yes, that's why i said earlier remakes are good just as long as they aren't released too early into the console without changes, i mean it was cool when they did it on theGBA because it was an apprpriate time, same with the Supr Nintendo

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Super Mario All Stars was one of the earliest releases on the Super Nintendo, the only Mario game before that being the launch game Super Mario World. Since we know that OoT's remake isn't going to be a launch title, how could you consider its release to at all be 'worse'?

Kybyrian

but yea that's what i mean by making things different, if Nintendo would have wanted to do something like that they probably should give Link the transformation masks from MM and then change the areas so tha they work for the transformations, i know story wise that wouldn't make sense but this is a remake we're talking about, or what they can do is do something they never done before, give the option to play as Sheik, to make a completely new gameplay style, it could be a seperate mode after you finish the game, playing through the game as Sheik, they would have to alter a few things but that really shouldn't be a problem, you get what i mean?

Your statement about it not fitting with the story is exactly why I don't want something like this to happen. You see, there are a lot of Zelda theorists. I don't think Nintendo would want to release something like this that could possibly mess it up. Even if they said it should in no way affect theory, it still wouldn't be the best idea. Some people may even see it as "ravaging" a game they know and love. A lot of people don't want changes to the game and all of that, so why should Nintendo do it? You stated the example of the transformation masks in Zelda, but yet you are wondering if they are running out of ideas. If they were running out of ideas doing something such as completely reusing transformation masks that we already saw in Majora's Mask would be a sure sign of exactly that.

Your statement about it not fitting with the story is exactly why I don't want something like this to happen. You see, there are a lot of Zelda theorists. I don't think Nintendo would want to release something like this that could possibly mess it up. Even if they said it should in no way affect theory, it still wouldn't be the best idea. Some people may even see it as "ravaging" a game they know and love. A lot of people don't want changes to the game and all of that, so why should Nintendo do it? You stated the example of the transformation masks in Zelda, but yet you are wondering if they are running out of ideas. If they were running out of ideas doing something such as completely reusing transformation masks that we already saw in Majora's Mask would be a sure sign of exactly that.

that's not what i'm getting at, that's why i mentioned that they can alter some areas for the tranformations, nobody seems to be listening to me on here lol

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I can always welcome remakes. The 3DS from what I know of only has two remakes. And I don't see the problem because I guess you can say that those were some of Nintendo's best work and it's starting to get outdated and now they are making it feel new again. They make plenty of new games and great ones. We have Kid Icarus coming and a new Mario game coming for both the 3DS while the Wii has Skyward Sword and Kirby to still come. And we know they are not done with making more new games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom