• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Sports in Skyward Sword?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Do you believe that in SS we will see more related features from Wii Sports Resort. We got:
  1. Swordplay
  2. Archery
  3. Bowling
  4. Airplane
  5. Basketball (Ability to throw bombs in the air)
  6. Skydiving (Possibility, proof in Link's pant and his leap of faith in E3)
So we got 5 categories from WSR (Skydiving and Airplane same section) do you believe we will see more?

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
That's an interesting idea. Since WMP will be included in with SS, I think they would probably use that as much as possible. I'd actually like SS to be a bit more interactive than TP (in the sense of using a Wii Remote) was. Also, I think it would probably make the game a little more fun, if we're able to do more while we're playing.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
That's an interesting idea. Since WMP will be included in with SS, I think they would probably use that as much as possible. I'd actually like SS to be a bit more interactive than TP (in the sense of using a Wii Remote) was. Also, I think it would probably make the game a little more fun, if we're able to do more while we're playing.

For real. But it does lose originality, but does add more. I think some of those things would make for some good mini games in Hyrule or Skyloft.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
You forgot golf! XD

I do think it's quite a good idea, really. It seems as though they will be incorporating several of those.
I don't think that they'll have two flight mechanism though. Skydiving would be fine and flying (hopefully a bird and not a plane or glider) would be fine, but I see no reason for both.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I do think it's quite a good idea, really. It seems as though they will be incorporating several of those.
I don't think that they'll have two flight mechanism though. Skydiving would be fine and flying (hopefully a bird and not a plane or glider) would be fine, but I see no reason for both.
Ummm........ you have flying with the new beatle you know. XD Thanks fo comment

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If this is done, I'm unlikely to enjoy the game. I don't mind taking a few things like the sword controls from WSR, but if they use too much, they'll basically be turning Zelda into a cheap WSR clone that isn't even worth playing. I don't like those type of games, and I hope that Zelda still plays like Zelda, not like WSR.

It might be a little unoriginal for all of these to be in Zelda. Maybe not unoriginal for the Zelda series, but for Nintendo itself. Wii Sports Resort is a great game, but if they started putting it into other Nintendo Franchises I might get a little bit angry. Sure, Zelda can use some of these, but it shouldn't be exactly and mini-gamish like in WSR.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I see SS using a lot of WSR ideas and merding it with Link's actions. And I think it is a good idea! Maybe they will come up with others from mini-games and such.

I don't know, I can't see why implementing various motion controls elements in the game would turn it into a mini-game. :hmm: In my mind, the only difference there'll be is that, instead of Z targeting and pressing A, we'll Z target and make a move.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I do not believe that this specific Zelda game will have little "sports" in bedded into the game, because, this game seems much more "mature" than the others, while games like, The Minish Cap and The Wind Waker, are great for mini games, but I believe that The Minish Cap and The Wind Waker were meant for all ages. I think that Skyward Sword was meant for the much more "older," "hard core" gamers. Having a mini game out of Swordplay and maybe Skydiving would be great, but let's stop from there, before this game turns into a "childish" game.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I do not believe that this specific Zelda game will have little "sports" in bedded into the game, because, this game seems much more "mature" than the others, while games like, The Minish Cap and The Wind Waker, are great for mini games, but I believe that The Minish Cap and The Wind Waker were meant for all ages. I think that Skyward Sword was meant for the much more "older," "hard core" gamers. Having a mini game out of Swordplay and maybe Skydiving would be great, but let's stop from there, before this game turns into a "childish" game.

I disagree with this whole heartedly. TP, obviously aimed the older age crowd of the Zelda fanbase, had plenty of mini games and a lot of fun ones at that. Just because a game is supposed to be aimed at the more "mature" audiance or the "core" audiance doesn't mean it can't have awesome mini games.

Honestly, I embrace the idea of plenty of types of mini games in SS with open arms. Swordplay mini game, potentially an endurance sort of thing like the Orca challenge in WW? Yes please. Shooting gallery for both the Bow and Slingshot? Yes please. Heck, even if they were goofy ones I'd love them. As long as they don't become too modern (glares at the airplane suggestion in the OP), then I'm sure to embrace them with open arms.

EBWODP

For the record, Basketball was already sorta kinda in MM with the whole Honey and Darling thing.

Can you tell I've been playing too much Mafia by my EBWODP?

Also, just to let you guys know, mini games have existed in Zelda since ALttP. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but either just ignore them (after all, they will end up being optional for the most part and there's no doubt in my mind in that) or learn to like them. I mean, sure, if they made the whole thing based off of mini games and stuff like that, we'd have a problem. But who said they'd be the main focus of the game? They're called "mini" games for a reason and it's because they're optional. I say as long as it doesn't involve Link shooting guns or riding pimped out rides or anything too modern like that or them being the main focus of the game, we should try them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom