• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

After the Ending of Skyward Sword

In pretty much every Zelda game, once you defeat the final boss, the game resets and you are once again standing before the final boss. This is when you usually finish collectiong everything, and then fight the final boss again.

Since Skyward Sword is trying to redefine Zelda in some ways, do you think it would be a good idea for developers to add aftermath gameplay? As in, once you've beat the game, new things open up such as diologue scripts from certain characters thanking you for saving the world, and perhaps a hidden dungeon, maybe sidequests that all pertain to post events of beating the game?

What do you think? Would it benefit the game and why? Would it ruin the ending? Would it not matter to you?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Like what they did in MC? Such as only being able to get the mirror shield after you beat Vaaiti. That was a step in the right direction. If they change it to an optional dungeon or a fun minigame or two. It wouldn't ruin the ending and it could only benifit the game by adding replay value (Unless they screwed up big time).

I think this would be a big step in the right direction. It would add replay value and it would be interesting to see that your efforts were rewarded and actually helped people. In Minish Cap, it upset me that after I defeated Vaati, no one even noticed and it sent me back to where I was beforehand.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
This is a good idea, especially for the replay value, New dungeons and stuff would be awesome, and how the people react and how stuff turns out with the evil gone.

Ya, I thought it was a good idea. And they could have a dream world type thing, (thinking of LA and TMC), where you go and fight your nightmares, aka boss battles. So after you beat the game, you could still fight the bosses including the final boss.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think that this is definitely a good idea, but it doesn't seem so Zelda. I don't really think that people necessarily know that Link is saving the world anyway. He doesn't give hint that he is, and also, I have never seen any of the minor characters ever mention something related to his deeds of helping save Hyrule. It is a great idea though to have the game include that, but I don't think that it fits the Zelda theme very well.

I would like that. And also since it sounds like you start out in "skyloft" and then you have to save hyrule maybe there will be some cool stuff like a "endurance" dungeon that can only be unlocked after you beat the game:):) I don't know half a year (at least) until skyward sword comes out:):):).

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I think it would be very cool to after some post-game gameplay.

What would be REALLY cool is if they could include something that could somehow show the game's relation to the next game in the timeline.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think it would be good, but only if the motivation was good enough. I find going back to hear one or two lines of new dialogue from a character to be very lame. Something like what they did in Metroid Other M would be fantastic. it's the first game I've been satisfied in a long time with for having extra content after it's ended that was worth pursuing. I won't spoil it here, but if you've got 100%, you know what I'm talking about! :)

Ya, i mean, I definatly want there to be a lot of extra content after you beat the game, like an extra dungeon, and it would be nice to hear people appreciate what you did for them; thats what I mean. but it'd also be cool if it opened up new minigames and side-quests as well.

S

Souldier

It would be awesome if they used something like that, but they already did, in the WW... I'd love if we could see something like that again, or even better, some kind of harder version of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom