• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

After BotW2

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
That wouldn't make sense though, is my point. How would they show what happened to TP Zelda during TP in a game set way before? What do they do, make some random new realm and then the devs say "oh and this is where Zelda went in TP when she seemingly died".
Yeah basically. I was only partly serious about it tbh.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The CT has always felt kinda empty to me, like the inclusion of FSA was just to stretch it out a bit. Maybe another game should come either between MM and TP, or just after TP, something that keeps up the darker CT aesthetic. I would love to have a game focusing on the three celestial goddesses, maybe even making them characters you can interact with.

The CT has always felt kinda empty to me, like the inclusion of FSA was just to stretch it out a bit. Maybe another game should come either between MM and TP, or just after TP, something that keeps up the darker CT aesthetic. I would love to have a game focusing on the three celestial goddesses, maybe even making them characters you can interact with.

Maybe we can FINALLY get that direct sequel to TP that Link leaving Ordon at the end of TP more or less teased us with. It'd be nice to finally step away from the DT for a bit, in any case.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Maybe we can FINALLY get that direct sequel to TP that Link leaving Ordon at the end of TP more or less teased us with. It'd be nice to finally step away from the DT for a bit, in any case.
yeah fr
we've been exclusively downfall for, what, going on 10 years now?
Give me the child timeline wheel theory kappa

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Yeah, that I'd like to see. Introduce the Twili, heck, it could introduce some things about them that would fix TP's glaring plot hole. Yeah, make a game between MM and TP just to explain where Zelda was lol.
I know the manga isn't canon to the game but in book 7 it sort of shows where Zelda was, she was in some kind of magical sleep that Ganondorf awakened her from (he then takes her to Hyrule Castle to have a tea party and discuss business with her). Not sure if the initial place where she was is also Hyrule Castle, it looks like it could be but I don't know enough to say. Here's a couple of pictures from the book though, in case anyone can recognise the place.
7page3.jpg7page2.jpg7page1.jpg

Hi I am new here and just wanted to post an idea I had after a dream last night

Essentially the dream was about a Zelda game that takes place in an ‘era of peace’ in Hyrule, and a young knight (not Link) takes off on an expedition with sages/other Hyrule warriors on a Jason and the Argonauts style quest at the behest of Zelda and Link who stay behind in Hyrule in case Ganon returns.

The game would still be very much a ‘Zelda’ game but link/Zelda would be more minor characters. In my dream the young hero very much covets the triforce of courage (not in a malicious way) and never gets it, and must learn to live with it. Also in my dream the young hero meets the wind fish and declines to wake him up. This is a hero that is not chosen by the gods but is nonetheless a hero. Perhaps a tragic figure when he returns to Hyrule similar to Jason’s return.

Some random thoughts but I guess just curious if people would be interested in a game that is in the Zelda universe and has lots of primary characters but Zelda/link/ganon are more in the background. Never mind some of the specifics of my dream.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Hi I am new here and just wanted to post an idea I had after a dream last night

Essentially the dream was about a Zelda game that takes place in an ‘era of peace’ in Hyrule, and a young knight (not Link) takes off on an expedition with sages/other Hyrule warriors on a Jason and the Argonauts style quest at the behest of Zelda and Link who stay behind in Hyrule in case Ganon returns.

The game would still be very much a ‘Zelda’ game but link/Zelda would be more minor characters. In my dream the young hero very much covets the triforce of courage (not in a malicious way) and never gets it, and must learn to live with it. Also in my dream the young hero meets the wind fish and declines to wake him up. This is a hero that is not chosen by the gods but is nonetheless a hero. Perhaps a tragic figure when he returns to Hyrule similar to Jason’s return.

Some random thoughts but I guess just curious if people would be interested in a game that is in the Zelda universe and has lots of primary characters but Zelda/link/ganon are more in the background. Never mind some of the specifics of my dream.
Reminds me a little bit of a fanmade concept/what was maybe an OoT sequel concept (can't actually remember) called Valley of the Flood, where a similar thing happens. I don't remember it all too clearly but I think it was set around 30 years after, and the royal family had built themselves into this indestructable fortress thing in case Ganon returned, and the goddesses had planned to flood Hyrule if he ever did (I guess to get rid of him). And either he did come back or he was going to, so the player (who is a regular young boy, not Link and not someone chosen by the gods) claims to be the chosen hero anyways and sets off on a jouney similar to the Hero of Time's in an attempt to save Hyrule. You would go through dungeons that were modified dungeons from OoT, and play the game pretty much regulary (minus the time travel, I don't think that happens again) until the Ganon fight, where, even though eveyone now believes that you are the chosen hero, you aren't and you can't defeat him, no matter what. And then the goddesses pull a Noah's Ark without the ark and everyone drowns in a flood. The end :)

Reminds me a little bit of a fanmade concept/what was maybe an OoT sequel concept (can't actually remember) called Valley of the Flood, where a similar thing happens. I don't remember it all too clearly but I think it was set around 30 years after, and the royal family had built themselves into this indestructable fortress thing in case Ganon returned, and the goddesses had planned to flood Hyrule if he ever did (I guess to get rid of him). And either he did come back or he was going to, so the player (who is a regular young boy, not Link and not someone chosen by the gods) claims to be the chosen hero anyways and sets off on a jouney similar to the Hero of Time's in an attempt to save Hyrule. You would go through dungeons that were modified dungeons from OoT, and play the game pretty much regulary (minus the time travel, I don't think that happens again) until the Ganon fight, where, even though eveyone now believes that you are the chosen hero, you aren't and you can't defeat him, no matter what. And then the goddesses pull a Noah's Ark without the ark and everyone drowns in a flood. The end :)
Well yeah that is pretty sad. I think I posted because I’m curious how fans would take to such a plot. To me it’s not a “spin off” if it has the major Zelda themes and gameplay style, even if link is not the character you control. But others may feel differently.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Well yeah that is pretty sad. I think I posted because I’m curious how fans would take to such a plot. To me it’s not a “spin off” if it has the major Zelda themes and gameplay style, even if link is not the character you control. But others may feel differently.
Personally I'd love to see a game where Link isn't the main character.

I mean, we haven't exactly spent a lot of time in any version of Hyrule. I'd rather stick around and develop the world than skip to another era with the same old Link, Zelda, and Ganon doing the same thing they did in the previous one.

THIS! You know, Arlo from youtube made a whole video about how Nintendo should stick more with expanding certain titles instead of reinventing the wheel every few years; how doing this not only adds much-needed depth and characterization to the series, but would allow Nintendo more opportunity to create games without the constant pressure of scrap-and-reboot we've come to expect.
This trend of Botw, Aoc, and Botw2 is something I think is heading towards that. I still want never-before-explored, out-of-this-world Zelda games, just more time spent with each masterpiece.

I prefer a new story i always wanted more games about TP Link OOT Link and SS Link but never happen
i want a Zelda game after TP or ST

I'd love either a remake with updated graphics and gameplay, if not a remake with botw gameplay. If not either of them maybe a 2D new Zelda game or a remake then.

Though i'd love a Zelda game that is much darker like a Dark Souls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom