• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

After BotW2

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm honestly not sure. Maybe there is potential for a game set inbetween Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess featuring the Hero of Time. The Child Tineline has got nothing since Twilight Princess, unless one subscribes to a theory the BotW fits at the end of the child timeline (I don't, obviously).

How would you all feel about a series reboot with a modernized version of Ocarina of Time? I don't think it will happen, but it's something I have thought about.

Last edited:

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Maybe not a reboot, but i would be quite interested in a FF7:remake sort of remake for Ocarina of Time

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
The reboot idea is seperate from the MM and TP interquel idea (I made a mistake when writing lol). Idk, but I'm sure the Hero of Time had other adventures after Majora's Mask before he died.
Yeah, that I'd like to see. Introduce the Twili, heck, it could introduce some things about them that would fix TP's glaring plot hole. Yeah, make a game between MM and TP just to explain where Zelda was lol.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yeah, that I'd like to see. Introduce the Twili, heck, it could introduce some things about them that would fix TP's glaring plot hole. Yeah, make a game between MM and TP just to explain where Zelda was lol.
Do you mean when Zelda sacrificed herself to save Midna and disappeared? I think that is always going to be left as a gap in the narrative, because it only matters in the context of TP.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Honestly, I'd much rather that Zelda stick around in one era for a few games. It'd make events have actual consequences instead of everything being wiped from existence in one game.

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
Honestly, I'd much rather that Zelda stick around in one era for a few games. It'd make events have actual consequences instead of everything being wiped from existence in one game.
Yeah, they kinda jump around time quite a bit. Consecutive games would be a nice change. I mean, it would also be way easier for the devs, since they already have a full world, characters, story and gimmicks to work with.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I was saying a game that would introduce the twili and whatnot and create an explanation for where she went.
This isnt the kind of thing zelda does. The twili dont need an explanation for their creation, they're self contained within twilight princess.

If it was the kind of thing they did, I would love a bridge between skyward sword and minish cap explaining picori origins heh

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I was saying a game that would introduce the twili and whatnot and create an explanation for where she went.
That wouldn't make sense though, is my point. How would they show what happened to TP Zelda during TP in a game set way before? What do they do, make some random new realm and then the devs say "oh and this is where Zelda went in TP when she seemingly died".

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
This isnt the kind of thing zelda does. The twili dont need an explanation for their creation, they're self contained within twilight princess.

If it was the kind of thing they did, I would love a bridge between skyward sword and minish cap explaining picori origins heh
That is true. That game has an actual whole backstory that just exists there. An explanation for them would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom