• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Affecting the Timeline?

Reading an earlier comment it might not be a direct sequel but after a few generations.
Well its still going to have to go somewhere in the timeline that could potentially change more 1 or 2 things about it.
You know, adding more "eras" and just sticking in this new game somewhere between... I dont know between Zelda 1 and 2 (Doubt it will actually happen because.... well it wouldn't make too much sense).
But things will definitely be affected. So things will have to change

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
From what I understand, It takes place after the original ALttp a few generations down the road. So my best guess is that it might set up the first zelda somehow.

Actually it's confirmed to be several generations after ALttP if considering that it's about 300-400 years in the future. By counting the generations, that would at least be six-eight generations past, Link's generation being the seventh-ninth generation since ALttP. :bunnylink:

Proof:

ALBW_400_yrs_8-9_generations_IMG_zps510b64d2.jpg~original

Also, Nintendo did say "centuries", "centuries" means several generations. :bunnylink:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay now that I'm here, I don't think ALBW will affect the timeline at all; I suspect it'll be a Majora's Mask-like game in that it's just dealing with a specific thing, that thing being the world of ALttP.

Salem

SICK
Actually it's confirmed to be several generations after ALttP if considering that it's about 300-400 years in the future. By counting the generations, that would at least be six-eight generations past, Link's generation being the seventh-ninth generation since ALttP. :bunnylink:

Proof:

ALBW_400_yrs_8-9_generations_IMG_zps510b64d2.jpg~original

Also, Nintendo did say "centuries", "centuries" means several generations. :bunnylink:
Sahasrahla JR. here is the grandson of the grandson of the grandson alttp's Sahasrahla. But however he's old enough to be Link's grandpa....so we need math.

in his grandfather's generation meaning 2 generations ago, grandfathers' grandfathers generation means 5 generations removed from Sahasrahla jr. add another grandfather(who is alttp Sahasrahla) that's 7 generations, but like I said, Sahasrahla jr is old enough to be Link's grandfather, so it's 9 generation removed from alttp's time. A generation can almost be anything from 20 to 30 years per generation. So this means that ALBW can from 180 to 270 years from ALTTP's time, or give or take few decades.

Assuming my maths skills haven't failed me.:xd:

VitaTempusN92

Sahasrahla JR. here is the grandson of the grandson of the grandson alttp's Sahasrahla. But however he's old enough to be Link's grandpa....so we need math.

in his grandfather's generation meaning 2 generations ago, grandfathers' grandfathers generation means 5 generations removed from Sahasrahla jr. add another grandfather(who is alttp Sahasrahla) that's 7 generations, but like I said, Sahasrahla jr is old enough to be Link's grandfather, so it's 9 generation removed from alttp's time. A generation can almost be anything from 20 to 30 years per generation. So this means that ALBW can from 180 to 270 years from ALTTP's time, or give or take few decades.

Assuming my maths skills haven't failed me.:xd:

Actually it's eight not counting Sahasrahla jr all of his ancestors from ALttP and later in total. Also counting all of the generations of Sahasrahla's bloodline from ALttP Sahasrahla to ALBW Sahasrahla's grandson, I counted 11 in total. I also counted the generations by years, the answers I got from least to most was 220, 330, 440, 550 by ALttP Sahasrahla to ALBW Sahasrahla terms. From ALttP Sahasrahla's grandson to ALBW Sahasrahla's grandson terms, the answers from least to most were 180, 270, 360, 450. So you were kinda right about 180 and 270.

Salem

SICK
Actually it's eight not counting Sahasrahla jr all of his ancestors from ALttP and later in total. Also counting all of the generations of Sahasrahla's bloodline from ALttP Sahasrahla to ALBW Sahasrahla's grandson, I counted 11 in total. I also counted the generations by years, the answers I got from least to most was 220, 330, 440, 550 by ALttP Sahasrahla to ALBW Sahasrahla terms. From ALttP Sahasrahla's grandson to ALBW Sahasrahla's grandson terms, the answers from least to most were 180, 270, 360, 450. So you were kinda right about 180 and 270.
Yeah, so math have failed me after all, dammit it was my favourite subject.

In either case, this is probebly the closest we'll ever get to how long tome have passed between games that are not direct sequels, those being Zelda 2,LA, OoX, MM, ST, as in MOST games :xd:. So what I was trying to say, among sequels that are hundreds of years, this is the closest we'll ever know exactly how long.

Last edited:
So just for clarification.

ALTTP, OoX, LA = same Link

ALBW = new different Link

LoZ = new different Link

AoL = new different Link

So 4 different Links on this time line?

VitaTempusN92

Ahh ok. But I saw somewhere its a different Zelda? Or is that false?

it's true but if you read the AoL manual and HH, you should know that the "different" Zelda from AoL is actually the sleeping Zelda from the time when the Era of Decline first took off from, which was before even LoZ. As we all know AoL is after LoZ as a sequel with the same Link but a different Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom