• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure Pouch: Yea or Nay?

A

AverageJez

I liked the idea of the adventure pouch, but at the same time, I think the quivers, bomb bags, seed pouches, should have been upgraded as a normal additional bag, not an extra bag. I liked the minigames to upgrade these items, too because it took skill to get the upgrades, but have an alternative upgrade method to get them, so those who didn't have the skill didn't get irritated because they couldn't do the skill game. Another idea would be to make the mini-games anyway, which gave you the item to upgrade to the next item bag. So then you still had to have the skill to beat the game, and there would be a "gold sink" to get it upgraded at the same time. Holding nearly 10k rupees is kinda rediculous when I haven't had more than about 3k.

shaymin1

Derp.
I love it.

For one it creates some challenge and makes you think more. Instead of being able to bring your insanely massive inventory every where you go you have to make choices for your journey and it creates a little strategy with how and what you decide to use. I think it increases the value of said items. Also I LOVED all the items you could buy for it and the upgrades because it actually gave us something to spend Rupees on. I have always said before SS that the one major flaw in Zelda games is how incredibly easy it is to get Rupees and how useless they became because there is so little to buy. I would usually have a full wallet through an entire play through but with all the items, upgrades (and yes even the super-expensive pouch upgrades), you actually had lots to spend money on. I found myself thinking about how to spend my money wisely and even having to go search for Rupees several times unlike past games were it was ridiculously easy.

I think the adventure pouch was easily one of the best features incorporated in SS. That and the ability to buy upgrades for your items and just all the little side items you could get like life medals. It really added to the depth of the game and for you 100%ers, it made even more items for you to collect! I really hope this is a series mainstay. I will be honest, even playing classic Zeldas like ALTTP, WW and OoT (my favorite), I actually find myself missing these features!

SS had it's problems, but they hit a home run here.

I totally agree with this. It added a bit of challenge.

The pouch was a great idea because it made the game more challenging and forced you to make strategic decisions on what to/not to bring on your next adventure. I'd totally like to see the adventure pouch implemented again in the next Zelda along with ideas similar to it.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I liked the Adventure pouch! Especially since I have been recently playing Oot's Water Temple...

gabezawakening

Cave Story pro
I liked it but I know people who thought obtaining the pouches was a pain in the neck. It kind of gave the game a hint of realism. I liked that!

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I thought the Adventure Pouch was a clever idea, real clever. Sometimes I had to return back to Skyloft to get the item I need out of the Item Check. It was a bit frustrating, but I loved the fact that Nintendo refused to make you lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom