• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Adult Link's Costume?

Young Link's costume was a green tunic. small green Tunic. small kokiri boots. so the question is....whee does adult link get those parts of his costume from?
Compare:

Young Link. Small Kokiri bots, a young link sized Kokiri tunic, belt and swrd scabbard.

picture.php

And now adult Link.

picture.php

Note the mysterious appearence of the gauntlets? The growth of the boots?
And that whiteish whatever it is he is wearing underneath his tunic?

My question is.....where dd these extra accesories come from?
And how did his clothes seem to grow?

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I think that it might have came with him when he went into the future. Because if he grows he needs a much bigger and cooler Tunic.:)

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
There is a lot of magic going on in Zelda games as we´ve seen. How did Adult Link get them in the first place? My guess would be Zelda or the friendly sage Rauru. But who knows, could be anyone I guess or maybe they grow with him?

Kazumi

chagy
Possibly these clothes come with being the hero of Hyrule. So, when Link got the Master Sword in OoT, he got those clothes to. Like in TP, when you get the green tunic, the "Hero's Clothes", the description is "These are the same clothes that the hero who saved Hyrule long ago wore" Or something like that. You get them after you save Faron Province from Twilight, so I'd assume because you are to be the new Hero of Hyrule, then you get the legendary green tunic. Just a theory.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Probably got this from Rauru when he was trapped in the Sacred Realm. That's just because I don't want to see a full man in a tunic show off his manhood when he's jumping around... or something about about it is just wrong in people's eyes.

Plus Young Link wears some underwear (*points to Super Smash Bros. Melee Trophy*)

Welbanks

My mom says im cool...
I always figured the clothes he got were supposed to be the clothes he would normally wear if he had lived through those 7 years of his life.

Either that, or its a video game and your really over thinking things.

Whichever makes more sense.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
I always figured the clothes he got were supposed to be the clothes he would normally wear if he had lived through those 7 years of his life.

Either that, or its a video game and your really over thinking things.

Whichever makes more sense.

I think that's the most accurate answer you could find lol. It's like asking.....why does Hulk's rip off completely when he transforms, but his pants stay there. Or if a character has the superpower to grow many times his normal size and his clothes enlarge with him. I'ts just a matter of design. If one was to take too seriously these kind of series, you would find flaws in pretty much anything :)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
:hmm: this is one of those threads that has absolutely no answer except the answer that everyone hates...its a video game.

people are way too nit picky about things that dont even affect the series or plot in any way. this is nearly as bad as the redead or like like threads...

its a video game. it was either they give him a suit that fits him or he goes around wearing what looks like a two piece bathing suit on him for the whole game.

im gonna start a thread that asks why there are jelly fish inside of jabu jabu that dont require water AND can fly... (sarcasm)

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
I'm going to give the generic answer. It's a video game. Nintendo obviously wanted him to look the same, so they gave him the same outfit, only upgraded.

Hmm...I suppose there is a very simple answer to this. ITS A ZELDA GAME.
Magic. hmm.....maybe...
the first Link, who saved Hyrule with the master sword, what if it copied his lcothes, and imprints them on whoever pulls out the sword from then on? imprint being makes them wear them.

There are three possible answers. Pick and choose:

1. It's a video game.
2. Link's clothes are magic and have a mind of their own.
3. Someone changes his clothes while he was asleep.

Guys, it's logical to assume that Rauru changed his clothes. I'm not saying that Rauru is messed up or anything, but he probably thought the Hero of Time deserved clothes that fit him.

Either that or we can come to the conclusion that everyone hates: It's just a game.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I think it is because the Master sword is one of the most magical items in the game and has tremendous power. When Link retrieves the Master sword from the stone, even he is confused how his outfit and all changed.

Another possibilty is that the last person to wield the sword was wearing those clothes and the Master sword remembered them and put it on Link.
^This one is only a theroy

So that is what I think about his clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom