• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Zelda Movie?

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
well, i know many people are opposed to the idea. I for one am not sure how to feel if that ever happened. I mean, on the upside I'm sure they would do a fantastic job of the storyline, the people ect.,etc., but ... Link is just to amazing a person to have a human replace. I mean, how could Link ever even talk? idkk. What are youre thoughts on a Zelda movie? obviously im fickle. But how about you?:)

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Maybe one for each of the games? Link may be needed to speak in the movies for Wind Waker though...

It would have to be an orginal story that borrows elements from the Zelda universe. Otherwise it will be unfairly judged by the games for which its based. As much as I would love to see it. I hope it never gets made. Zelda is like the LOTR of video games. Its art. and it should stay in its own medium. Once Link opens his mouth, it will all be over.

Zelda is like the LOTR of video games.

didn't LOTR start out as a book then made into a movie tho?

I think this would work as a trilogy if it had the right director, (imo it would be peter jackson).

perfect zelda movie trilogy would be: OOT ---> MM ---> TP

would be dope because ganondorf would be in the first, skipped in the second and he'd be in the finale. either that or just a OOT movie. I've been fiending for a Zelda movie since the IGN April Fools trailer.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think they should just do one based off ocarina of time, but it would have to be more action than exploration based. Link would have to talk. It would be a big mistake to create something that was particularly unfaithful to the original plot or try to shoehorn too much in to one single film. Perhaps a two part film would be best. There are rather allot of sages to awaken, and to have to watch link awaken them all and travel through each area, as well as having the introductions of link Zelda and Ganondorf, and later on the Battle with Ganondorf and Ganon all in a single film would be nearly impossible. It would be hated for trying to do to much and having little development of characters, and just being a patchwork of different areas that are given so little screen time. The lord of the rings was done in three parts, perhaps it could work here.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I don't think a movie would work given the length of most Zelda titles. Even if they take out/skip the bulk of the dungeons, there will still be too much stuff to fit into a movie; it would have to be made for television as a cartoon/anime, and obviously I would rather it be animated, a real life Zelda just wouldn't work if you ask me.
As for Link having to talk, they can make it so that he does very minimal talking(perhaps he has selective mutism?).

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
ahahah some of these made me laugh. I love all youre guys ideas. and i agree, i think a manga serie or an animated series would be much better.

S

Staldra

I dont know if it could work, I think there is something in the games about the story telling that would not work as a normal movie.

But, you know? a movie would be a great way to add things that we would not be able to see in a game, for example, the story focused in Ganondorf, that would be awesome

Sir Analog

Hope Rides Alone
There has already been a pretty decent one (Hero of Time). I managed to snag it before Nintendo said their two weeks of showing it were up. Something like that with a bigger budget and better storyline might work. It's possible. It's always possible, considering you could do a completely different story than what is already in the games.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I honestly don't think it would be a good idea to make a Zelda movie. You've seen how they have scrwed up just about every movie based a video game, so I would them rather not attempt, because all they will do is screw it up and the fans will get mad.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i film would be good but they would probably need to do one for each game. but as there so many games, i'd say pick 3 and make a trilogy or epicness, otherwise making a film of each game would be too much and they would ruin it. mixing aspects of a couple of games into a film would be fine if it's done properly

didn't LOTR start out as a book then made into a movie tho?

I think this would work as a trilogy if it had the right director, (imo it would be peter jackson).

perfect zelda movie trilogy would be: OOT ---> MM ---> TP

would be dope because ganondorf would be in the first, skipped in the second and he'd be in the finale. either that or just a OOT movie. I've been fiending for a Zelda movie since the IGN April Fools trailer.

Thats kind of what I meant. the LOTR movies were very good. But were decidedly different from the books. Alot was changed for dramatic effect and several fan favorites were omitted. Also LOTR worked more as a film, in a way that zelda would nto was its alrge cast of characters. You got to know most of tjhem really well, alot were with you thorugh most the entitre journey and there were alot of differnt charcter interactions and alot of thinmgs going on at once. In zelda you are one person, typically with a single companion. there are other chacters in it. but most of the action is done by link alone. does nto make for compelling cinema

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom