• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past and the Adult Timeline

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Allo I'm back to the timeline theories! Now recently I was playing A link to the past and found something interesting. I got the master sword and just before I read the hylian text on the pedestal with the book of mudora. It reads "The Hero's triumph on Cataclysm's Eve [COLOR=#7ee983! important][COLOR=#7ee983! important]wins[/COLOR][/COLOR] three Symbols of Virtue. The Master Sword he shall then receive, keeping the knights line true." Now this could just simply be a prophecy for what happens at the end of the game what with link defeating Ganon and restoring peace to both hyrule and the sacred realm but this is similar to something else. In Windwaker inderect sequel to ocarina of time part of the intro states 'But then when all doom seemed at hand... A young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere.' A lot of people dismiss this as the story of oot on the adult side but if it were then why does it call link 'a young boy'? And second the only lives that were destroyed while Ganondorf was getting the triforce were the original sages (aside from rauru). My theory is that Alttp is the true prequel to ww. Although there are a few problems with it. First of all I believe the developers said that oot was the prequel to ww instead of alttp. Second the intro also states that he became known as the hero of time. Third there is no way in subrosia that the intro can state both Alttp and oot only one or the other. Now maybe the true age of oot link was simply dismissed by the people of hyrule as his child age. This would make sense because ww link is approxamatly the same age as young oot link. But still why would alttp mention something that happened in oot? Well my theory is that because ww brought with it to the people of the sea the knowledge of hyrule and the hero of time and that they started worship him again as a great hero and ww link as the hero of winds. Then after spirit tracks came the original loz and aol (my reason for this is because in aol there are towns for all the oot sages as well as mido the fart knocker) and of course after that came alttp and then things are explained. What do you think?

In OoT, "Adult" Link is only about 14-16 years old, seeing as how he's about 7-9 as "Young Link." So really that's about it...

Even though Link is an "Adult" he's really only about 16 yrs. of age.

So in reality, he's still a "young boy"

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
In OoT, "Adult" Link is only about 14-16 years old, seeing as how he's about 7-9 as "Young Link." So really that's about it...

Even though Link is an "Adult" he's really only about 16 yrs. of age.

So in reality, he's still a "young boy"

Okay if you're right about that then I must have a crappy source cuz it told me that generally the 'adult links' are generally 17-19 years of age and that the 'young links' are generally 10-12 years of age.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Sweet Din what a wall of text.

How about the fact that the WW backstory specifically says the Hero travelled through time? aLttP Link never did that.

Also, the "Hylian" text in the background is actually an altered form of Japanese. It's been translated, and it specifically states talks about the Kokiri, Zora, and Gorons in the backstory. Of those three races, only the Zora were around in aLttP. Kokiri have only been in one game: Ocarina of Time.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Sweet Din what a wall of text.

How about the fact that the WW backstory specifically says the Hero travelled through time? aLttP Link never did that.

Also, the "Hylian" text in the background is actually an altered form of Japanese. It's been translated, and it specifically states talks about the Kokiri, Zora, and Gorons in the backstory. Of those three races, only the Zora were around in aLttP. Kokiri have only been in one game: Ocarina of Time.

Yeah impressive isn't it? Well I did remember that oot link timetraveled while alttp link didn't one it was very confusing, two no one may have known oot link's true age except the sages, zelda, and the deku tree sprout. And really I would've thought that if they were to start clothing non kokiri in green when they came 'of age' of the hero of time meaning what it is. I have confusion?

Maybe they meant to say "Kikori" :P

A Link to the Past can't be on the Adult timeline.It would have to take place in a New Hyrule, after WW and PH.
The people in ALTTP seem to be up on there history, and know about the Sages and the Seal War.
The people in WW are clueless about the Sages and only know a little bit about the Hero of Time.

It's unrealistic for them to go from being clueless about there history to knowing the legends pretty well.

That's why I think that ALTTP can't be on the Adult Timeline.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
A Link to the Past can't be on the Adult timeline.It would have to take place in a New Hyrule, after WW and PH.
The people in ALTTP seem to be up on there history, and know about the Sages and the Seal War.
The people in WW are clueless about the Sages and only know a little bit about the Hero of Time.

It's unrealistic for them to go from being clueless about there history to knowing the legends pretty well.

That's why I think that ALTTP can't be on the Adult Timeline.

Well while it is true that alttp has some knowledge about the hot and sw while the people of ww know only a little bit about the hot that doesn't mean that the knowledge was unattainable to them. They could've somehow found the ruins of old hyrule (nearly impossible) link and tetra's story cou;d've become famous and that made them aware of the things such as the sages, or old deities that still knew of the old ways (jabun, great deku tree, and valoo) told them about the old legends to keep them alive. Somewhat simple.

he's talking about the lumberjacks in alttp at close to the entrance of death mountain

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! DER! Still while this is about alttp it's still off topic and therefore spam.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Well while it is true that alttp has some knowledge about the hot and sw while the people of ww know only a little bit about the hot that doesn't mean that the knowledge was unattainable to them. They could've somehow found the ruins of old hyrule (nearly impossible) link and tetra's story cou;d've become famous and that made them aware of the things such as the sages, or old deities that still knew of the old ways (jabun, great deku tree, and valoo) told them about the old legends to keep them alive. Somewhat simple.

The problem with that is there were clearly a bunch of treasure hunters and from the looks of it there probably have always been a bunch of treasure hunters and the only thing related to old Hyrule that you find or anyone finds is the Triforce pieces and I bet they wouldn't know what one was if they found it. They would just think it's gold or something.

Also, who would believe that one little boy wearing a silly green suit and hat and one little pirate saved the world? For the most part, no one even knew the world was in any danger. There were signs that things were bad, but no one really knew what was going with Ganondorf and all of that. If a pre-teen boy and a pirate came up to me and said "hey, I saved you from destruction" I would not believe them. I'd laugh.

Also, in the Japanese version, the King wished for Hyrule to be erased. This would mean that everything about old Hyrule is gone. Hard to find out stories and artifacts from some place that has been erased.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
The problem with that is there were clearly a bunch of treasure hunters and from the looks of it there probably have always been a bunch of treasure hunters and the only thing related to old Hyrule that you find or anyone finds is the Triforce pieces and I bet they wouldn't know what one was if they found it. They would just think it's gold or something.

Wait a second did I ever say anything about the triforce in my previous posts? I think not. But if they found the triforce while new hyrule (the one in st) was around then they would definatly know what it is and possibly start the same triforce war that was explained in the intro of alttp.

Also, who would believe that one little boy wearing a silly green suit and hat and one little pirate saved the world? For the most part, no one even knew the world was in any danger. There were signs that things were bad, but no one really knew what was going with Ganondorf and all of that. If a pre-teen boy and a pirate came up to me and said "hey, I saved you from destruction" I would not believe them. I'd laugh.

This is probably true (and I would too if some random kid came up to me and said they saved the world) but still Link and Tetra aren't exactly the type of people that would brag about their adventures. They would tell their freinds and family at the most about their adventure and their freinds and family would probably spread the tale.

Also, in the Japanese version, the King wished for Hyrule to be erased. This would mean that everything about old Hyrule is gone. Hard to find out stories and artifacts from some place that has been erased.

Huh I didn't know that. Well anyways he probably meant for old Hyrule to be washed away in the japanese version too but in a more poetic way or something along that line. But still the three guardian deities would still know of this (probably) and possibly tell the tale to those not already aware of it and there you have it.

Pinecove

Last Chance
SoJ said:
Well he's called Adult Link. In AoL it says that they become adults at the age of 16 in Hyrule. I'd say it's logical to say Adult Link is atleast 16.

Miyamotto has stated that Link in OoT was 7-8 years old as a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom