• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler A Curious Trait of Ghirahim.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Rounded Ears.jpg

Ghirahim has one pointed ear and one rounded ear.

What could this possibly mean?

Well, in Ocarina of Time, the Hylians are described as having pointed ears so that they can hear the words of the goddesses (presumably in the sky). This trait is also accompanied with magic abilities for Hylians and some sort of superior status over regular humans (like the Ordonians) in the eyes of the Goddesses.

Well, this may be interesting considering the setting for Skyward Sword. Maybe Ghirahim can hear or sense the people in Skyloft.

Now, for all I know, the regular humans don't have any discernable powers. And I'm not sure what other distinctions exist between them and the Hylians. This is why I started this thread. What does this mean?

Is Ghirahim half Hylian (wherein he gets his magical abilities) and half human (wherein he dwells on the land). Is there some sort of begrudging racial tensions between the two? Ghirahim is said to be the demon leader or lord of a dark tribe. I'm kind of baffled as to what the implications of these revelations are. So what do you think?

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Well, this is an interesting find! I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, but maybe we'll find out.

His "hair-cut" covers his little diamond on his face, and his ear. Maybe it was meant to be his little secret or he's ashamed of it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hmm... I think it means whichever demon race he's from is half Hylian. Maybe because of that the Hylians regarded them as inferior and cast them down, causing Ghirahim and his group to seek revenge, which would explain their motive. And they need Zelda's holy power in order to gain the power to get that revenge.

But, I could be wrong. It could also be a battle scar. Y'know, he lost part of his ear or something... But that's just a guess too. It could also just be a birth defect.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
He does? O_O Whoa! Interesting... Yeah, I have no idea what this could mean. (If it means anything.)

Hmm... Maybe it has something to do with that earring on his right ear. Then again, this could mean nothing and just be some fluke. I mean, as IGN pointed out, Link had red earrings at the beginning of the trailer, but then his normal blue earrings later.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Well, this is an interesting find! I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, but maybe we'll find out.

His "hair-cut" covers his little diamond on his face, and his ear. Maybe it was meant to be his little secret or he's ashamed of it.

I had the exact same thought! He must be ashamed of it, that's why he carries his hair like that. I don't think it could be a coincidence. We should wait and see how this pans out...

Hmm... I think it means whichever demon race he's from is half Hylian. Maybe because of that the Hylians regarded them as inferior and cast them down, causing Ghirahim and his group to seek revenge, which would explain their motive. And they need Zelda's holy power in order to gain the power to get that revenge.

But, I could be wrong. It could also be a battle scar. Y'know, he lost part of his ear or something... But that's just a guess too. It could also just be a birth defect.

Yes, I would have to agree. This may provide a motive for him, coz every villain needs a motive, even Ganondorf had one.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
That is interesting and cool that you found it and I think that maybe just maybe it is a normal thing that all people in Skyloft have that where one ear is pointy and the other is round

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
That is interesting and cool that you found it and I think that maybe just maybe it is a normal thing that all people in Skyloft have that where one ear is pointy and the other is round

Hmm, I do not think so. Zelda and Link both have 2 sharp, pointed ears, so that doesn't seem to be the case. It wasn't confirmed that Ghirahim is from Skyloft so I don't think that's likely.

maybe he HAD both his ears pointed, but maybe the goddesses took away the power to hear the gods (or whatever) by taking away only one of his ears because of his evil deeds in the world. He might be the one controlling the under world, maybe he can sense the land above with both his ears, and the goddesses wanted to protect that land from him. And maybe the plan failed somehow, and he can now enter to skyloft and such places. (teleporting!)

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Well, we know that only people with pointed ears can hear the goddesses. Maybe he uses his pointed ear to hear the goddesses and his normal ear to hear...the Siren World, maybe? He might purposely be a hybrid so that he can hear things from the goddesses and other stuff. Or, as mentioned before, it could be a curse.

i think his haircut is to hide his ear because it's deformed and he's ashamed of it. that's what i think anyway. i know one thing though Gary Oldman had the same haircut in the movie the fifth element. and the reason his character wore his hair that way was because part of his head was missing so he wore a plastic thing with hair attached to it to hide the fact part of his head was missing. i think Ghirahim is doing a similar thing here. but he's just trying to hide his ear or other parts of his face that maybe disfigured.

Djinn

and Tonic
We are not completely sure what type of person he is physically. His calling himself a demon lord might just be a catchy title or it could mean just that, he is a demon lord in the mortal world. If that is true then he might have a little bit of control over his physical form. And he then would do strange things to fit with his personal sense of style, which he seems to place a lot of emphasis on in the games. So if he wishes to have the strange hair in the face look a long pointy ear might mess up that look so he keeps the one ear short as to not mess his hair up. The long ear could also be for show since all the other Hylians have them.

Another thing that I wonder about is, what is with all the diamond symbology? Diamonds are everywhere in this game. Several important characters wear them, Ghirahim conjures them for attacking and they appear when he teleports. They are on his clothing and his face. The switches in temples are diamonds, as well as many designs on the walls. Before it was always triangles everywhere. Even in games that did not focus on the triforce there were still triangles in all the major symbols like the force gems, Lokomo Symbol, and light force. Everything until now has been a triangle on all major areas. Now it is nothing but diamonds. I wonder if the diamond shape symbol is addressed somewhere in this game.

For the record, the ear could just be angled back from his head a bit. It sort of looks like his pointed ear is (and human ears are), so his "normal ear" could simply be a pointed ear that we're only seeing from a specific angle so we can't see its length. Not too likely, but it's possible given the angle of that shot.

It's probably not battle damage, although that is interesting. Perhaps it's some sort deformity as people have mentioned, either because of genetic defects OR perhaps because of his race. Demon or whatever he is. Maybe it has to do with some kind of corruption brought on by his magic powers or whatever he dabbles in.

Another thing is, I still think he and the rest of the tribe are the Dark Tribe/Dark Interlopers, and I also think that means they're Sheikah. He looks Sheikah except the human ear; Sheikah have pointed ears. I wonder what this means?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For the record, the ear could just be angled back from his head a bit. It sort of looks like his pointed ear is (and human ears are), so his "normal ear" could simply be a pointed ear that we're only seeing from a specific angle so we can't see its length. Not too likely, but it's possible given the angle of that shot.

I thought of that, too, but look at his pointed ear. It curves right from the start. His other ear doesn't. And the shape of the inside of his right ear is the same as a "normal" ear. I've observed it, and there's no way that isn't a rounded ear.

Another thing is, I still think he and the rest of the tribe are the Dark Tribe/Dark Interlopers, and I also think that means they're Sheikah. He looks Sheikah except the human ear; Sheikah have pointed ears. I wonder what this means?

Weren't you the one that suggested that they might not have been just one race?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom