• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler A Curious Trait of Ghirahim.

Right, as I said, I don't think it is just the angle we're seeing it from, but I was just noting it as possible. It doesn't really look like it.

Weren't you the one that suggested that they might not have been just one race?
Yes, although since I wrote that article I've come to think the Sheikah have a much, much larger part in the Dark Tribe that I wrote even in that article. I think that for the most part, the tribe was entirely Sheikah (the Twili being the members of the tribe that were banished and became people of shadow). There may have been additional members of other races, but not necessarily that many or perhaps none at all.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, although since I wrote that article I've come to think the Sheikah have a much, much larger part in the Dark Tribe that I wrote even in that article. I think that for the most part, the tribe was entirely Sheikah (the Twili being the members of the tribe that were banished and became people of shadow). There may have been additional members of other races, but not necessarily that many or perhaps none at all.

Thing is, if it is the Sheikah, it would only be some of them. Otherwise the Sheikah wouldn't have been mentioned in OoT, and Impa wouldn't have been in the game. I think it's heavily possible that it is the Sheikah (although I'm not going to say they are the "dark interlopers"), but the big thing that suggests it is that they served the Royal Family. And the Royal Family hasn't been established yet in Skyward Sword. One thing, though, I think it's possible for Ghirahim to have come from the Siren World. If that's so (which I'm not saying it is), I'd find it hard to believe that the "dark interlopers" are the Sheikah, as only the ones wanting to get the Triforce would have come to Hyrule. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I know we'll find out soon enough.

On a side-note, also don't believe that the Dark Tribe is going to connect to the "dark interlopers". I'm pretty sure that they were supposed to at first, but there are so many story problems among the other games to connect them properly. I'm not gonna get into that, but I just don't see it happening, even if Nintendo doesn't care about the "timeline" (which isn't the only thing I'm talking about with story stuff, in fact it's only a minute part of it, as it involves canon), but I don't think they'd not see the problem in connecting the two, as they stopped FSA from becoming the Seal War for some reason due to the way they were making it, so... I'm just saying, I don't see Nintendo not seeing the mistake they'd make by officially connecting the Dark Tribe and the "dark interlopers". And from the way Ghirahim talks about capturing Zelda, saying "we" and "us", he doesn't seem like he has anyone over him, as you say he will. Just sayin'. That seems to imply equals.

That's quite an interesting find, Ariel. Hmm... A battle scar is likely, but who knows? Not enough information is available at this point to even make a valid hypothesis.

A divine intervention-based birth defect seems very likely, as Ghirahim is strongly hinted to be a demon. His status as a demon stems from what he calls himself, Demon Lord Ghirahim. But as stated by Djinn, his name might just be a moniker he refers to himself as (for a number of possible different reasons).

You could say he's a hybrid or something (I guess), depending on rather he's half-demon, half-Hylian, or half-human. A hybrid is, like, a combination of two different species. However, we don't know the dynamics of this kind of thing in a fantasy, magic based world like Hyrule...so...stuff.

Hmm...I dunno. It could just be something Lord Ghirahim is ashamed of, so he tries to conceal it behind the bang of hair covering the left side of his face. Judging by his egomaniacal personality, he might see the his botched ear as a sign of imperfection and/or weakness. ...so yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Yes, I'm also share the thought that these may be the Sheikah. Other than the pointed ears and the dark magic, I believe Twilight Princess holds some interesting backstory.

Impaz says that the Sheikah were a link between the Royal Family and the Sky People. She specifically mentions a Messenger to the Heavens. I take issue with the word "to". I think it implies that the messenger went "from" Hyrule "to" the Sky. Maybe Ghirahim is that messenger. We know that he's not the only villain in the game, maybe he takes a turn for the good while another villain steps in? Also, could the Messenger to the Heavens be a fellow Sheikah, or half-Sheikah-half-human? So many questions!

Regardless, I firmly believe that this dark tribe has a strong connection to the Sheikah. They were prominent (or at least slowly fading into obscurity) before Ocarina of Time, and they were very close to the Royal Family, a theme that this game seems to be establishing (with the royal crest containing the bird symbol of Skyloft). The Sheikah were also kind of dark and violent (Shadow Temple and Bottom of the Well). There are so many links that I think can't be a coincidence.

This mystery of the round ear seems too odd to be explained away as just an aesthetic choice made by a flamboyant demon lord. Nintendo is notorious for it's attention to detail, the choice of hair is indicative of something deeper, and his ear may be the smoking gun.

I'm not sure what the diamonds mean, Djinn. A diamond can be made of two triangles, one pointing up and one pointing down. One indicative of Skyloft and one of the underworld. A mix of the two as Ghirahim has a mix of ears, one pointy, one rounded. This is all wildly speculative but I can dream, can't I?

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Here's Ghirahim's round ear from another angle. I feel this one confirms it.

Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 10.06.11 PM.jpg

And just for fun, here's David Bowie from the film "Labyrinth".

labyrinth.jpg

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Alright, new development. Theories speculate that Ghirahim could be one of seven demon lords. This wouldn't be beyond Zelda convention as there are seven sages, maidens, whatever. In certain christian scriptures, each Demon Lord is associated with a particular deadly sin (from the seven deadly sins). Ghirah is arabic for protective jealousy and has connotations to extreme pride. Maybe, just possibly, his notchy ear has something to do with his pride. He wears his hair this way to maintain his pride and cover his ear. If not, it certainly is an interesting theory.

Here's the thread that outlines this theory. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19731-One-of-Seven

M

MrJAwesome

Im pretty sure what it means. Its hard to explain but Ill try. I think he was Hylian but he wanted power over his race like Zant did. He was banished and became a demon his ear changed as a souvenier (of some odd sort).The rumors and theorys that the dark pitchfork was a demon weapon for Ganon , Girahim was a demon resembling Ganondorf , he never had long pointy ears did he?;)

I don't think he's an actual demon guys. He doesn't even call himself Demon Lord, he just said 'Lord'.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The boss title for him is "Demon Lord Ghirahim." Not to mention the whole "angels and demons" theme they got going on here.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
Hmm... I think it means whichever demon race he's from is half Hylian. Maybe because of that the Hylians regarded them as inferior and cast them down, causing Ghirahim and his group to seek revenge, which would explain their motive. And they need Zelda's holy power in order to gain the power to get that revenge.

But, I could be wrong. It could also be a battle scar. Y'know, he lost part of his ear or something... But that's just a guess too. It could also just be a birth defect.

I agree with the first thing you said but why would Nintendo make somone with a birth defect? A battle scar maybe, but that's very unlikely. It is a game, you know.

M

MrJAwesome

Yes his Boss Title says: DEMON LORD GHIRAHIM

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HylianGuardian

It possibly means that the people of the ground and the people of the sky are related. I do believe that Nintendo said that Skyloft used to be part of the ground but for unknown reasons are now in the sky. This could mean that Ghirahim was around before Skyloft joined the sky so Ghirahim could of haved a Hylian parent and a "regular" human parent. This could also mean that Ghirahim might have some personal grudge against the people of Skyloft giving him an extra reason to want to kidnap Zelda.

The boss title for him is "Demon Lord Ghirahim." Not to mention the whole "angels and demons" theme they got going on here.

Sure, but the angels aren't actually angels either, so why would the demon be real? And I don't know if the boss titles are really something to take seriously.
I mean, they're all over the place...

it's not a angle/clipping problem, side his left ear doesn't appear anywhere else (if it was pointed it should stick out through the hair). And I don't think it's a fluke, the whole hair covering thing makes a lot of sense.

I think that as usually it won't be nothing overly complicated. And I think he is a demon in some sense, he has extraordinary power far beyond ordinary Hylian, and his powers aesthetics suggest a evil source.

Aonuma Nintendo Power interview pretty much confirms that he's the antagonist in the game, and another 6 sub-villains simply wouldn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom