• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Catch Phrase?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Tell me, would a catch phrase fro Link would be so bad? When i mean catch phrase i mean like "Its A Me Mario"-Mario, "Im Om Back"-Mario Bros., "Hiiiii"-Beedle, "I personally prefer the air"- Falco.

SOOOO what do you think, cause all we get from Link are sounds of pain(AAAAHHhhhHHHH, Hiyaahhh, Ugh) so what do you think?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I think Link's catch phrase should be this: "Hiyaaaaaa! Haah! Ungh! Wuyahhhhhhhhh!" Actually, I think this would be better: " ".

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I think a catch-phrase requires talking, which is something Link doesn't do. And, according to Nintendo, it's not something that he's ever going to do.
So, in short: Nope.
;p

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Oh...wait....I just remembered Link already has a catch phrase......

images

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!
:lol:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
There are quite a few Zelda catchphrases

"It's a secret to everybody."

"It's dangerous to go alone, take this!"

"Well, exc... use me, Princess."

"I am Error."

I've heard all of them used before in reference to Zelda, and as ways of expressing something.

Oh wait, as far as Link himself from the games?

"Though evil surrounds me, my heart only grows stronger with every battle I win. I fear failure more than death, because I could not bear to watch the good people of Hyrule suffer the reign of evil."

That's the kind of thing I imagine that goes through his mind. Even if he's not articulate enough to say it quite that way, I'm sure it's what he feels. The subject matter of Zelda is a little too heavy for the average catchphrase.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
Yea, there is a lot of "catch phrases" when talking about the series it self, but when it comes to Link I don't think it is needed. He does all the talking he needs to do with his actions :)

Tom

What? Why would somebody even do that? Link goes through the whole game without saying anything at all. Not even a single word. First someone has got to find him a stronger personality, than we can talk about giving him [permanent] catch-phrases.
I mean, nothing against the way Link acts, I'd rather have an almost speechless hero than those exaggerated super-hero stereotypes. I would say that keeping his mouth shut is a way to express his catch-phrase :right:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Link, (in the mainstream games at least) has never uttered a word. All he has produced are screams of pain, grunts...etc
I don't think Link will ever have a proper catchphrase in the mainstream series. The somewhat stereotypical roars of pain will remain as his identifying factor.

The only thing I recall him ever uttering (aside from the usual grunts) is "YAY" in WW. Though that's hardly a catchphrase :lol: It freaked me out, though, since he's not supposed to speak and all.

Oh...wait....I just remembered Link already has a catch phrase......

WELL EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!
:lol:
Oh please no :lol:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Link, (in the mainstream games at least) has never uttered a word. All he has produced are screams of pain, grunts...etc
I don't think Link will ever have a proper catchphrase in the mainstream series. The somewhat stereotypical roars of pain will remain as his identifying factor.

You forgot about in WW in the Tower of the Gods where he says "Come on!" when he calls the statues to follow him.

And then in AoL where he says "I found a mirror under the table" but in all caps.

That aside, you are right, he has never uttered more than the occasional grunt or laugh or whatever miscellaneous noise, and really, a catch phrase shouldn't be implemented. It just doesn't fit his character. It's like Mario doing long speeches. Or Red from Pokemon saying more than "...". It just doesn't work!

Besides, if we wanted a catch phrase, why not implement our own?

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Catchphrase= talking. Link+talking= many many unhappy people. Including Nintendo. He should just stick to his overdramatic and unnecessary grunts. Those are enough for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom