• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

6 Hearts from the Start

MasterLink209

The new guy :)
I don't like it.
Do you think that means we'll have less hearts in this game? Or that the max number of hearts have gone up? If its the 2nd one its okay...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Hey, if stalfos take out three hearts with one attack, I'm glad. It means more challenge.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The average enemy in Skyward Sword does 1 heart of damage, I've heard. So in 6 hits, you're dead.

Twilight Princess, on the other hand... You might have started out with 3 hearts, but the average enemy did 1/4th of a heart of damage. So you'd be dead in 12 hits.

I do agree that having a "6-heart run" sounds weird right now, but I think it's a reasonable trade-off. ;D

At least the enemies in this game will do sufficient damage to Link. That means the game won't be too easy. And with that, I'm fine with starting with 6 hearts. :D

Vibed

must read before he posts
I-aint-even-mad.jpg

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I guess it's because the foes give so much damage but I wanted to after awhile try a three heart challenge. I am also very sad that we now have more hearts because we have always had three heart in the beginning but now we have 6 :(

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Six hearts ain't even bad, as long you're dodging enemies, protecting yourself from Deku Scrubs. I don't know if they'll appear in that game.

Hey, I'm totally fine with it. It most likely means that the game will be harder than previous ones. Consider that challenge accepted, Nintendo.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
BLASPHEMY! For 25 years, we've always had three hearts at the beginning in every single Zelda game that uses hearts, if I remember correctly, even in the CDi titles (I don't want to count Four Swords here because of the very different nature of these games)!
Nah, seriously, I don't see what's the point in doing that. This somehow downgrades additional heart containers because when you get the first heart container, this means now you're getting only 1/6 more HP while with 3 heats you got 1/3 more. This lowers the motiviation for getting more heart containers and the fact that we ave to collect 4 again instead of 5 doesn't help much here. And of course it makes three heart challenges impossible...
Sure, the enemies may be more challenging and take away more hearts but this is just senseless inflation. IMO they should've stayed at 3 hearts and if necessary cut down the damage per enemy because it doesn't make much difference if an enemy takes out 3 hearts when you have 6 or 1.5 hearts if you have 3. Sure, the 6/3 system gives a higher "resolution" but then again, why not introduce energy tanks like in Metroid with a resolution of 100 right away?

Omega Fury

I ain't mad bro!
Imagine a "Six Hearts Challenge" Since they won't be doing 3 Hearts Challenge anymore. That would be a little harder than The 3 Hearts one.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
3 hearts
enemies do 1/2 heart damage
6 hits, you die

is indeed the same as

6 hearts
enemies do 1 heart damage
6 hits, you die

but

4 hearts
8 hits, you die

is not the same as

7 hearts
enemies do 1 heart damage
7 hits, you die

particularly once you take this to its logical conclusion

20 hearts
40 hits, you die

vs.

20 hearts
enemies do 1+ heart damage
20 hits, you die

X

xtravis90x

I think that is pretty cool, it makes sense because some enemies will take out a lot of your hearts. I think that makes starting with six hearts pretty reasonable.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If this does bear the same difficulty as Adventure of Link, I'm glad they'll be adding more hearts for us to start out with. It seems there'll be less Heart Pieces to gather, but with the upgrade system it seems that we'll be loaded as it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom