• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

3DS Game Ideas

After being derepped several times for stating my distaste towards the upcoming 3DS games, I figured I might as well share what I want to see, and since that's a different topic, I made it into a thread.
So, what games do you guys want from the 3DS? Ports? Remakes? A new game in a series? Crossovers? Please share.
Here's my list:
A port of Shenmue- This game was a masterpiece for the Dreamcast, and I think the 3D effect would be great for the cinematic overtone of the game. The game could be easily ported to the 3DS, since the Dreamcast controller and 3DS buttons, D-pad, and pseudo-joystick are identical (minus the Dreamcast's VMU, but that could easily be the bottom screen if Nintendo saw it fit.)
A remake of Final Fantasy VI- When I found out Final Fantasy VI was coming to the PSX in the 90s, I was psyched as ever; my 2nd favorite RPG would be remastered in 3D! I never got to buy it (nor did I ever buy a PSX) but when I found out it was a plain old port of the game with a short CG intro and inane loading screens, I was disappointed, despite not having even played the port itself. I'd love to see a fully CG rendered version of Final Fantasy VI on the 3DS, if not the GBA version on the 3DS' Virtual Console. They could have the voices for Terra and Kefka from Dissidia, which would be awesome considering how awesome Dave Wittenberg played Kefka. If they did with FFIV for the regular DS, there's no reason they can't do VI on 3DS (And now I get the feeling someone will put FFVII port on their list, I just know it.)
A port of the CDI Zeldas- They'd suck, but the 3D effects on the cutscenes would be hilarious.
A new non-Prime Metroid- I hate FPSes out of bias, and Metroid: Other M was less than appealing. C'mon Nintendo; go back to Metroid's roots.
Another James Pond game- this series is comprised of only games that are "so bad that they're good." I'd like to see another one, since it was entertaining just to play such an awkward and oddball game series. The 3D probably wouldn't add much, but it would be cool nonetheless to return to this surreal platforming series.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
Super Smash Bros: Self-Explanatory. People have been begging to see this on the DS, but it didn't have the power to do it. From what we've seen, the 3DS probably does. "Oh, but they said SSBB was the 'Brawl to end it all.'" That's called a tagline. I doubt Nintendo is going to give up one of their biggest franchises. If this was done, third-party characters like Sora and Banjo-Kazooie who weren't able to be put into Brawl could be put in, along with the ones that did and the ones that could. *cough*Megaman*cough*

A new Zelda game: OoT3D is probably going to sell very well, but I'd like to see a totally new Zelda along with it. If the controls for OoT work out, then we could see more 3D Zeldas on the 3DS. (And PLEASE don't make it like PH and ST. We don't need the touch controls prominently, thank you.)

A new 3D Pokemon game: Pokemon is going to see an installment on the 3DS without a doubt, but why make it with 2D Pokemon and characters? Use 3D graphics and the controls of Pokemon Colosseum along with awesome attack animations, and we could have a good hit.

Id love to see a 3D Pokemon game which (info from ONM Website) Nintendo is working on RIGHT NOW!!! Im hoping the game will be birds-eye veiw (this is traditional in handheld Pokemon games and i think it works great) but the battles i would like to see from a 3rd Person perspective where you could control the Pokemon and it could still be turn based but you have to dodge and aim attacks.

I also want a Monster Hunter 3D.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'd Nintendo make a new Starfox game where the controls aren't like SF: Command I hated that game because of the controls.

Stallord

Twilit Fossil
A few more suggestions:

A new or a remake of F-Zero: Okay, do I really need to explain this? 30 machines racing against me on the some of the most ridiculous tracks in 3D? I'm sold right there. Add online to face a ton of competitors in either a Vs. match or a Death Race, and we have an instant hit. Not to mention it would be the return of a long-forgotten franchise. I remember someone saying there might be an F-Zero X remake, but the person hasn't given me a source. Still, I wouldn't mind that...

A new Kirby: I have a feeling that Nintendo's not going to disappoint me on this one, but just to be sure, I'm talking about a new Kirby platformer that maintains the "suck in, spit out" formula. Maybe they'll even do what Kirby 64 did and allow you to combine abilities. (ALL abilities. Not what Squeak Squad did.)

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Agree with Super Smash Bros, that would be awesome

I would like a new Viewtiful Joe, the Zoom In VFX power would work great with the 3D effect, and they could add some more things and effects, the gamecube ones were so much fun (haven't checked the DS one) and one in 3D would be great (now that movies are in 3D why not Movie Land?)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Agree with Super Smash Bros Brawl, Zelda, and Kirby. Oh, and Pokemon. Dang it! All my ideas were taken! :) How about a Donkey Kong Country-like game? And a new Dragon Quest. I've never played those, but they look interesting and I might pick up Sentinels of the Sky someday.

I think that having a FFVII remake or port would be cool, but they already have one on the PSP, so that probably won't happen.
I see no reason why not. Okami was originally on the PS2, and it made a great jump to the Wii. It would work. I wouldn't buy it, but it would work.

oh and don't blame me for double posting, i have different ideas
You didn't double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom