• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler <3 Skyward Sword Romance <3

LinkIsAwesomest

NEVER FORGET HE'S AWESOME
Lukemon now I'm being serious WRITE A FANFIC!!! :mad: (about all your SS romance ideas, even though the Pokemon one would be super cool too)

A nice little tender moment here or there will be nice. I agree, I've seen so many good movies ruined by adding the token love interest in that it just takes away from the story in general. Link and Zelda in the future games have always just been the best of friends, and it may sound weird, but I just really can't seem to see those two getting together. They don't seem like they'd be completely compatible. I don't know, maybe just because I'm odd. But this Link and Zelda seem to have some good ability to make a small bit of romance work.

I agree about the tender moment thing, even though my idea of the perfect tender moment would end in a kiss hehehee...

I also agree that it is a little tough to imagine them together, but I think it's mostly just because Link has never really had a true personality. TP came the closest to that, and even that wasn't a real personality. However I think SS they might actually give Link enough personality to make this romance work. At least I sure do hope they do.

LinkIsAwesomest

Oh gosh, Not the romance sub-plot..
Games and Movies should never have a romance sub-plot it just makes it cheesy IMO.,Zelda & Link have always been and should be best friends.

If you want an example of a horrific romance sub-plot go watch teh Star Wars Prequels, I think that it's romance has been nominated as the worst in movie history.
I'm being overly pessimistic here, But I don't like it when that gets squeezed in a storyline. If they are planning on doing it they should make it a side-quest only thing. :)

Well 4Chan said that there is a date sidequest so if this is true I think you'd get your wish...

However the problem is that we have no way of knowing if they are actually true... :(

I agree about the tender moment thing, even though my idea of the perfect tender moment would end in a kiss hehehee.

I also agree that it is a little tough to imagine them together, but I think it's mostly just because Link has never really had a true personality. TP came the closest to that, and even that wasn't a real personality. However I think SS they might actually give Link enough personality to make this romance work. At least I sure do hope they do.

If there's anything I've learned from seeing all the little trailers and such is that Link will definitely have more personality in this game than any other Zelda game to date. He has shown so much emotion on his face already and his actions speak equally as loud. It's proving itself to be a better and better game the more I watch it. I can't wait to see how they make the game unfold. And there most likely be a kiss somewhere in there my friend, though I doubt if it'll be a very big or passionate one, but I do feel that there'll be a kiss in there somewhere...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Actually making a romance between Link & Zelda is wrong..
They have kind of this "Brother & Sister" bond, It would be just as cheesy when that scene in Deathly Hallows Part I showed up where Hermionie and HArry were kissing.

I actually hope that it wont be set in stone who link will end up with, cause I really like fangirling (or boying, since I'm a boy :P) about shippings and the like, for example, during Ocarina of Time, I got really fond of Saria and though that she was the one that link should go for, so if the game ended with Link and Zelda together, I would be a litttle irritated.

LinkIsAwesomest

Actually making a romance between Link & Zelda is wrong..
They have kind of this "Brother & Sister" bond, It would be just as cheesy when that scene in Deathly Hallows Part I showed up where Hermionie and HArry were kissing.

It's true that they have almost always had a brother/sister type bond, but in some games, such as the linked Oracle endings, thye have kissed, so brother/sister is not always the case. I think if Nintendo does it well, and not cheesy, a little romance and a small kiss would be awesome.

If there's anything I've learned from seeing all the little trailers and such is that Link will definitely have more personality in this game than any other Zelda game to date. He has shown so much emotion on his face already and his actions speak equally as loud. It's proving itself to be a better and better game the more I watch it. I can't wait to see how they make the game unfold. And there most likely be a kiss somewhere in there my friend, though I doubt if it'll be a very big or passionate one, but I do feel that there'll be a kiss in there somewhere...

Yeah, it definitely won't be a big/passionate one, cuz it's Nintendo we're dealing with, but I am still hoping that there will at least be a small one <3

I think there should be a kiss, like an actual kiss, not a peck on the check. A small kiss on the lips, but nothing passionate. I mean it has been 25 years, the brother(Link) needs some love!

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Blame Ganondorf, whenever there's a tender moment where it'd be perfect to kiss, BOOM! A wild, angry, Ganondorf appeared!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Link and Zelda are best friends in Skyward Sword. I don't at all see them getting romantic. Zelda's very playful in character, but she not open to anything beyond friendship. The "surprise" mentioned in her letter probably hinted toward her wanting to hang out before the ceremony started. I find nothing suggesting an actual kiss will be present; they are simply friends who value their bond over a relationship.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
in all seriousness, it could happen , Zelda has brought some serios story surprises before so it's likely.

Skyloftian

Skyloft's Artist
I highly doubt there will be a kiss, however much we may want this to happen. But I think there will definitely be some sort of romantic interactions between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom