• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

24 Hour Gaming

As the holiday is coming up i'm thinking of doing a 24 hour gaming session. I'm going solo and probably going play Zelda. Any tips?

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Something I would suggest is a lot of caffeine intake so that way you don't end up growing tired as you play.

Now, if you're playing Skyward Sword or the Wii version of Twilight Princess, then you may end up working up a sweat, which might help you out a bit. If you're playing a GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS Zelda, then you might also want to walk around, but keep a light on. :)

Like Petman1325 above me, I suggest you increase your caffeine intake considerably during this time period; soda, coffee, or energy drinks are great means of doing so. Increasing your general sugar consumption might also suffice, but you might want to prepare for a major crash after you've depleted your glucose levels... Lastly, you must have the willpower to complete your 24-hour goal. I've been gaming for extended periods of time - sometimes 48 hours or longer, depending on my mood - over the years, and doing the above has never failed to keep me awake. lol However, I'd say sheer willpower has been my most valued commodity.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
I'm not entirely sure it's wise to recommend a 14 year old have Energy Drinks. Really bad things can happen if there is too much caffeine in your system, and it's not worth risking your health just to play games for 24 hours straight. Skip the energy drinks, and go with Soda (or Coffee if that's your thing).

I commend you for attempting this. I've done several things for 24 hours straight (...mostly animation projects) so I can give you some general advice. Make sure to eat properly and drink water in between soda/coffee, get a good rest the night before, keep tensing up to a minimum to avoid sore back/arms, and make sure you give yourself enough time to recover after the marathon. :J You'll need it.

I'm not entirely sure it's wise to recommend a 14 year old have Energy Drinks. Really bad things can happen if there is too much caffeine in your system, and it's not worth risking your health just to play games for 24 hours straight. Skip the energy drinks, and go with Soda (or Coffee if that's your thing).

Yeah, I'd agree with you here, especially now that I've noticed the OP's age. I myself have never resorted to energy drinks to pull all-nighters or 24+ hour runs when gaming. I just threw it in there to present a variety of ways by which to increase his caffeine intake.

To the OP: Soda and sugary junk foods are most effective, but only for the specific 24-hour period. It is important that you return to healthier eating habits after you've completed your goal. Remember to build up the willpower to complete your objective as well. Oh, and forget about the energy drinks... [noparse]>.>[/noparse]

I'd drink mt dew.. I like to call it "the gamer stamina potion" lol. it works for me.

Haha! So I've heard that's what it does. I have never tried it, nor do I want to considering the people I know who have tried it and are now hooked. LOL! Anyhow. I agree with the above posters. Don't resort to energy drinks, because one...they are high in sugar and you'll have a major crash. Happens to me when I drink one on just a couple hours of sleep and halfway through the day, I'm ready to sleep. Soda isn't the greatest either, but it'll do the job as well as coffee. And like Wolf Sage said, pure willpower.

me and my mate did an allnighter and and i drank about 15 cans of this really cheap energy drink. I can't remember how many times i was sick the next day XD. Thanks for the advice though! :)

And buy new games a few days before the marathon and dont actually open it until you start the marathon. That way you wont get bored quickly.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Make sure to eat properly and drink water in between soda/coffee, get a good rest the night before, keep tensing up to a minimum to avoid sore back/arms, and make sure you give yourself enough time to recover after the marathon. :J You'll need it.

This. Fuel your body often, and take caffeine only if needed - don't go on a soda binge. Take a break every hour or two to stretch your body and get the blood flowing again (walk around the house, or just do some jumping jacks for five minutes).

I don't understand why anyone would want to do a 24 hour gaming run. It is very bad for your health: the amounts of energy drinks you will be drinking, the amounts of food and junk you will be eating. It is just extremely unhealthy and it can cause lots of damage for your health

Thanks for your concern but i'm still gonna do it. This is just another achievment i can add to all the geeky things ive done in my life ;)

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
24 hours of gaming huh. Well, you better make sure you take a few breaks into between to use the restroom and eat. And hopefully you're not prone to seizures, because we all know how that can wind up. Just be careful and good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom