• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
If Link never had kids, then how is TP Link his direct descendant? He'd need to have at least one kid in order to have a descendant.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
If Link never had kids, then how is TP Link his direct descendant? He'd need to have at least one kid in order to have a descendant.
This presumes that he didn't after MM.

Remember, he did return to Hyrule after the end of MM, and, I assume he grew up, married Malon, and had children.

Why Malon?

Well, TP Link is a rancher, and there's Epona's Song still being played, and the Hero's Shade makes references to a blood relation a few times.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Here's how I see it going down:

>After Zelda sends him back, Talon takes him in

>He spends some time working at Lon Lon Ranch, this is how he gets Epona

>He eventually gets restless and goes searching for Navi

>He ends up in Termina, etc

>He gets out of Termina and back to Hyrule alive

I'm not really sure what I like best to happen after that. Does he go back to Lon Lon Ranch, grow up there, marry Malon, etc? Does he continue wandering, for how long? I honestly think he lives a full life, probably knows somehow that Ganon's returning so he spends it preparing for Ganon's return, eventually realizing that he doesn't have to worry about it, so he starts getting things ready for whoever does have to fight him. Wants to marry Malon but is too focused on his life's purpose and doesn't want any distractions.
It would make sense that he got to know Malon later because he did get Epona, as for the rest of that, idk.
Well, TP Link is a rancher, and there's Epona's Song still being played, and the Hero's Shade makes references to a blood relation a few times.
He herds goats instead of any of the animals that Lon Lon ranch had, and the song was played by blowing into those reed things, so it's not like Link knew it aside from that. More likely, the reason OoT Epona likes the song is because she hears it in the reeds, so Twipri Epona (or maybe all horses) respond positively to the reed itself and Link just happens to utilize that. Can't remember Hero's Shade saying that, but its been a while, and if he did say something along those lines that would be more damning evidence.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Ya bois got it all messed up. I have been watching you guys try to discover the truth behind the Hero's Shade but yall arent one with the lore, so here we go.

-Ending of OOT

-Link goes to Lon Lon ranch gets good with Talon and borrows Epona.

-Links goes into the Lost Woods to search for Navi.

-MM starts

-MM finishes

(This where we gotta let the TP lore impose itself on our intellect.)

-Years go by who what the heck Link is doing

-He marries Malon

-Has kids

-Either dies before he could teach his children the skills (Most likely) or he didnt have any sons and he only wanted to teach the skills to a male heir. (Hey, I am just sayin', it is quite possible, but prolly isnt true. Least likely.)

This ties into the fact that TP Link lives on a ranch, knows Epona's song, and Hero's Shade is related to TP Link.

I am of the personal belief that OOT Link died in battle and not just any battle but a battle back in Termina, but that is just my opinion.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ya bois got it all messed up. I have been watching you guys try to discover the truth behind the Hero's Shade but yall arent one with the lore, so here we go.

-Ending of OOT

-Link goes to Lon Lon ranch gets good with Talon and borrows Epona.

-Links goes into the Lost Woods to search for Navi.

-MM starts

-MM finishes

(This where we gotta let the TP lore impose itself on our intellect.)

-Years go by who what the heck Link is doing

-He marries Malon

-Has kids

-Either dies before he could teach his children the skills (Most likely) or he didnt have any sons and he only wanted to teach the skills to a male heir. (Hey, I am just sayin', it is quite possible, but prolly isnt true. Least likely.)

This ties into the fact that TP Link lives on a ranch, knows Epona's song, and Hero's Shade is related to TP Link.

I am of the personal belief that OOT Link died in battle and not just any battle but a battle back in Termina, but that is just my opinion.
Lol Chevy said this too, except for the part that he died in battle by going back to Termina.

I think this is a really common theory actually and most people adopt it as true.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Well, we almost said the same thing, he just seemed unsure of what he thought Link did after MM. The whole Termina thing is just my own thing.
I think this is a really common theory actually and most people adopt it as true.
Ye, this is what most people think actually happened. I said it because there just seemed to be a lot of uncertainty about what happened.

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
Pretty sure that MM is just a dream to cope with Link's emotional trauma, but that's me. I think that he might have died in a war against TP Ganon or something, which could be how he got that new armor.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
MM is a parallel world to Hyrule. Ye, Hero's Shade does have that weird armor on. I think it is from Termina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom