• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia: Destructive Reawakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
As night fell, I was elected to keep first watch. I sat by the campfire, staring up at the evening sky. Framed by the sea of stars, I could make out the gigantic figure of the Mechonis, its pair of baleful red eyes glaring back down at me. Though the titan had long since become lifeless in its dual with the Bionis, the very sight of it brought only dread to the surface of my emotions.

A flicker of motion made me push the rising sentiments aside and trace its path. At first glance, it looked like nothing more than a shooting star, but then it veered downward sharply, cutting a line straight for our camp. The closer it got, the more I could make out its features--a rotund frame connected arms and legs, along with a face. I drew in a deep breath. A faced Mechon meant only trouble. "Everyone, wake up!" I cried.

While my friends grabbed their weapons, the metallic freak alighted gracelessly upon the ground. "Well, well, what do we have here? Ain't this a rugged lot?" the Face queried, swinging its arm out exaggeratedly. A series of deadly claws protruded from its hands. "Step aside, pipsqueaks! You ain't my target tonight."

Behind the faced Mechon another figure materialized, but much like earlier today they were indiscernible. The only thing I could make out from the umbra was rippling muscles. When the figure spoke, his voice rumbled. "Outta the way, you heap of scrap, or I'll blow that hideous grin of yours to smithereens."

"Now, wouldn't that be a sight," the Face taunted.

"Get lost!" I shouted. "We have no intention to be picked off when the fighting has ceased."

"How unfortunate," yet another voice claimed. The ground shook as the third speaker made impact; I looked back to see the towering Mechon who had encountered us earlier. "The fighting has only just begun. Whenever you worthless Homs come to realize this, you might all survive longer. But at that point, I would have picked half of you off."

"Perhaps this is more interesting that I'd thought," the invisible speaker said. "Whelp, no point in wasting words over this." The figure unfurled his burly arms and prepared to rush toward his target. The faced Mechon zeroed in on a Colony 6 survivor in our group, and the towering Mechon had his gaze fixed on our leader.

But before the three of them made a move, time froze around me and I saw the trio of foes going in for the kill. I realized that I was in the middle of a vision, granted to me by the power of my sword. It only lasted a split second, yet allowed me to position a counterattack to throw them off.

Returning to reality, I raised my sword and yelled a warning to my companions. "Get ready!"

"Ready, Riki ready!" responded a heroic Nopon, wielding Kallian's staff.

At his signal, I swung out my blade in a circular motion. "I'll blow you away! MONADO CYCLONE!"

A miniature whirlwind raged across the battlefield, knocking my adversaries off course. However, it didn't go off as I'd planned; by changing the future, another route had opened itself to the passages of fate, thusly leading to unexpected results.

The claws of the faced Mechon swerved from his target and instead sliced through a silver-haired individual wearing a blue vest.

The fist of the invisible giant landed down on a High Entia girl instead of his target.

The greedy grasp of the towering Mechon snatched a blonde-haired girl instead of the party leader.

"Confound it all!" the invisible aggressor swore. "Ruining the sport of the kill with that little stunt. Cheers, pesky runt." I watched the disgruntled brute fade away.

"More fun than I could've possibly imagined," the faced Mechon blurted. "It's been a real blast. See ya tomorrow, kiddies! Bright and early. HAHAHAHAAAA!" With that, the metallic menace flew off, leaving me seething.

Only the towering Mechon remained for a moment longer, clinching the golden girl tightly as she screamed helplessly. "It is as I stated: This is only the beginning. Enjoy what little time you have left with your allies, for when you see this one next, she will not recognize you."

The ground again trembled as the Mechon turned and rocketed skyward into the night sky.

SavageWizzrobe was Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier!
Sadia was Alvis, the Alarmist!

Day 2 ends on Saturday, August 1st, at 8:00 PM CST.

Players
  1. A Link In Time
  2. musicfan
  3. Linkdude74
  4. pkfroce
  5. Frozen Chosen
  6. PokaLink
  7. Spiritual Mask Salesman
  8. Rosa Luxemburg
  9. Diego
  10. Cody
  11. Eoghan
  12. JC-Hurin
Dead List
  • DekuNut - Kallian Antiqua, the Town Lie Detector, lynched Day 1
  • SavageWizzrobe - Melia Antiqua, the Town Courier, killed Night 1
  • Sadia - Alvis, the Alarmist, killed Night 1

Replacements

• Double A
  • blackkirby
  • Mellow Ezlo

I received a message last night from Savage telling me his roleclaim was true, but it looks as though the mafia went after him in the night.

It's unfortunate we lost our courier. On the bright side, this means the mafia killed a role we could've confirmed but didn't serve much purpose... so we still have our other power roles. I assume a vig took out Sadia, if so, good job!

Now, I'd like to take a look at our little bandwagon from near the end of the day in which we had people switch from SavageWizzrobe to DekuNut.

Eoghan, you also cast a vote for SMS to try and save DekuNut, but retracted your vote immediately after I cast a vote for him. Thats a bit suspicious, giving the illusion that you wanted to look like you saved DekuNut but gave in pretty much immediately.

I'm not feeling quite right with @pkfroce , throughout the day you believed something was up with Diego and you also suspected SMS, yet you returned to cast a vote for Wizzrobe. You also claimed to not like DekuNut much. But you voted Wizzrobe. Then DekuNut. Your justification being pretty shoddy, just that his playstyle seemed a bit floppy.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Nice shot vig. :)

I'm not feeling quite right with @pkfroce , throughout the day you believed something was up with Diego and you also suspected SMS, yet you returned to cast a vote for Wizzrobe. You also claimed to not like DekuNut much. But you voted Wizzrobe. Then DekuNut. Your justification being pretty shoddy, just that his playstyle seemed a bit floppy.

I understand your suspicions, but I never thought something was up with Diego. I just said he was angry and aggressive. Unless I did say something about him and I just forgot.. I also don't recall being suspicious of SMS.. However I did provide reasoning for voting Savage when I came back. He had said that him dying would benefit the town so I thought he meant his death would aid us in some way. So I decided to vote him in hopes of his role helping the town through his death. But he just meant he'd rather die instead of a really powerful power role. So I unvoted and switched to my next suspect, DekuNut. If theres anything else you wanna ask, go ahead.

I would like to point something out.. You see yesterday, Eoghan hinted at Shulk and I took it as a softclaim. I asked him about it and he said he was, "Glad someone noticed." (or something like that. idk.) Anyway I basically called him out on it which was pretty stupid looking back because wouldnt that mafia go for Shulk comsidering hes the main character? And dont main characters usually have some really strong power or whatever? Im assuming the mafia saw that I pointed his soft claim out so why would they go for the Town Courier instead of whatever Shulk was assuming he has some powerful role..? Idk I feel like none of this made sense, but yeah thise are my thoughts.

IGMEOY: Eoghan

Well you did say SMS for being flimsy, but in that post you made you also said your suspicions of Savage. I can't fault you for that of course, I was willing to lead a lynch against Savage until he roleclaimed as something we can easily verify. Although, that does make me wonder whether the mafia have a way to roleblock or redirect. If he were roleblocked, kept alive, and came back today then no one would say they got a message and suspicions would be kept on him. Either way, Savage's roleclaim forced the mafia to think more on what to do.

Also I just looked up Alarmist as I've never seen it before... apparently it's to counter a cult, yet Sadia was in the mafia? It seems a bit far-fetched to me. Is it possible that this Alvis character would make sense as a Death Miller in the Xenoblade lore?

Eoghan

Kasutony
Eoghan, you also cast a vote for SMS to try and save DekuNut, but retracted your vote immediately after I cast a vote for him. Thats a bit suspicious, giving the illusion that you wanted to look like you saved DekuNut but gave in pretty much immediately.

Honey, I said it was a tentative vote. The only purpose being to delay the scales being tipped so he'd come out and play.
My vote wasn't meant to be "heroic" by magically saving DekuNut and casting the town into a no-lynch Twilight, much as you'd like to imply. I just wanted DekuNut to come and defend himself. I gave him time, he didn't respond in that time, so I removed my vote that "helped" him. It was hardly "immediately after [you] cast a vote for him".

I didn't have a solid vote at the end of Day 1. That's the truth of it, so I acted accordingly.

IGMEOY: Eoghan

Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao to you too.

Eoghan

Kasutony
Ah, forgot this:

I would like to point something out.. You see yesterday, Eoghan hinted at Shulk and I took it as a softclaim. I asked him about it and he said he was, "Glad someone noticed." (or something like that. idk.) Anyway I basically called him out on it which was pretty stupid looking back because wouldnt that mafia go for Shulk comsidering hes the main character?

It was a memetic reference, bud. Nothing more. I'd respond quite differently if that was my soft claim.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I received a message last night from Savage telling me his roleclaim was true, but it looks as though the mafia went after him in the night.
It's unfortunate we lost our courier. On the bright side, this means the mafia killed a role we could've confirmed but didn't serve much purpose... so we still have our other power roles. I assume a vig took out Sadia, if so, good job!
I don't think this happened whatsoever. I barely know anything about Xenoblade so I did some light research for the purpose of actually analysing the night scene, which confused the hell out of me my first few read-throughs. This quote from the night scene I think tells us who the Mafia are:
A faced Mechon meant only trouble.
From what I looked up on the Wiki, the Mechon seem to be a "threat" but their intentions are unclear. So straight away I thought Cult, but how could a Cult already have multiple people and actually make a kill (as alluded to later on)? Plus we see the Cult Leader near the end which the I'll explain further down. Anyway, I looked up Antagonists in the series and there's a few figures there who fit the description that Thar described. If anyone is familiar with the series could you please expand on this? Maybe tell us who the figure was and who it could be aligned with? That will give us a much clearer picture of the night scenes.

During the night scene it says:
The faced Mechon zeroed in on a Colony 6 survivor in our group, and the towering Mechon had his gaze fixed on our leader.
So Mafia went after this group (which I assume is Town) and specifically went after the leader. Could be Shulk(?) or other protag who I don't know; though whoever this is didn't die because of some sort of redirect role:
A miniature whirlwind raged across the battlefield, knocking my adversaries off course. However, it didn't go off as I'd planned; by changing the future, another route had opened itself to the passages of fate, thusly leading to unexpected results.
This definitely leads to some sort of deflecting role of sorts, but it's an ability coming from this player. Looks like we have a multi-shot JoAT which is nice to know, but now Mafia might know who he/she is. So if there is a JoAT, if you can, protect yourself tonight - we need you alive.

Anyway the kill deflects onto:
The claws of the faced Mechon swerved from his target and instead sliced through a silver-haired individual wearing a blue vest.
I looked up who Sadia and SavageWizzrobe was (role-wise) and it actually kills Sadia (look up Alvis on the wiki).

Then we have this quote which at first I thought was connected to the previous line, but it has to be describing the kill of Savage:
The fist of the invisible giant landed down on a High Entia girl instead of his target.
This is either a Vig or SK and we need to be be careful not to make any assumptions here. It doesn't mention this "giant" before and I highly doubt Mafia can kill two people (that would be ****ing overpowered to ****), so it's a definitely an independent killing role who got deflected as well. So basically the Vig/SK and the Mafia both went for the same target, which gives us, potentially, crucial information.

Like I said, we need to be careful that this "giant" is a Vig and not an SK (can someone who knows the series please give us info on who this could be and their alignment?). If it's a Vig then we can find out who the Mafia tried to target and set up a Watcher (if we have one) and find scum - though that's a risky strategy. Or if someone witnessed what happened during the night, they could potentially say who targeted this person (or Savage/Sadia). At the moment I think the Giant is a Vig purely on the basis that a Cult, an Alarmist, and an SK seems like 3rd party overkill (Could be possible though).

Oh yeah here's the part about the Cult:
The greedy grasp of the towering Mechon snatched a blonde-haired girl instead of the party leader.
Now I'm confused as **** though. It mentions "Mechon" again which I initially thought was the Cult but it clearly says "the one with a face" killed Sadia. So either I'm completely wrong about the Mechon being Mafia and that they're actually a really powerful Cult with killing abilities or that the Mechon are not aligned which will just make the night scene mess with my mind even more, lol.

---

I have some hunches about possible targets that I'll talk about later.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Giant is Zanza? But he would be the godfather? He could be sk as he dose not care about any one but himself.

The mechon with the claws is Mumkar aka metal face.

Also I was captained. there were others I would of used it on but I did not want it to fail.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Fiona seems to have been taken by xord or Egil I'm leaning more towards Egil because xord was not nesiserlt towering.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Giant is Zanza? But he would be the godfather? He could be sk as he dose not care about any one but himself.

The mechon with the claws is Mumkar aka metal face.
So the Giant is evil? That rules out Vig then.

Also any ideas about the other figures that were mentioned?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Egil and the mechon seem to be theid party.

Mumkar the one with the claws have the potential to his own theid party.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Behind the faced Mechon another figure materialized, but much like earlier today they were indiscernible. The only thing I could make out from the umbra was rippling muscles. When the figure spoke, his voice rumbled. "Outta the way, you heap of scrap, or I'll blow that hideous grin of yours to smithereens."

This is Dickson

I just realized the giant might be Dickson. I did not read the night scene entrierly.

Also Ricky seems to now be a lie dector so he was universal backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom