• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia the Gathering: Planechase Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
1425431031240669.png

As you all sit at the Maze's end and talk things over, you decide it best not to stay on Ravnica for now. You still have to find those two meddlesome 5 color walkers who are messing with you all. you start your walk, and end up in Dominaria.

All players get one of these
1425445902224647.png

Which is a little messed up but power and toughness doesn't matter. If you would like to use it, PM the moderators. Once it is used, you will no longer have it. it also does not work in lylo

Vote Tally
Heroine of Time(2): Kiddrangon, Pendio

Planeswalk Tally

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch or Walk(2). Day ends on Friday the 6th at 11:59 PM EST

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Can only use it once. As using either ability discards/sacrifices the creature so you'll have to choose wisely.

David

But you called me here...
Well, that explains the whole creatures question I had the other day. Looks like we gain them in new planes. I would assume that there are some powers that people can use to obtain more monsters, but this is a satisfactory answer as to how monsters are generally obtained.

Mido

Version 1
All right, I think I'm beginning to get a basic grasp on the game's mechanics thus far. Personally, I think our best bet at this point is to really dig deep into behavior, since the scenes at night are more difficult to decipher in light of this game's style. The only problem is that I find myself back at square one in that category.

I saw someone say we should stay on this plane, which I think is a really bad idea. One, the person who made the kill might not be Town friendly and even if they are, it's unbalancing to let one kill role rule the game. It will basically be like a game of minesweeper. Also, what if other Mafia members have roles active in this plane but they were not actually alluded to in the night scene?

JC, what you say is interesting here. I am beginning to think that the individual mafia members may also harbor some restrictions to their night actions in respect to the shift in planes. If GDL is indeed mafia, in regard to the consensus on color and alignment, then Doc's initial speculation is accurate as to what got to GDL.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm so sorry. Linkdude, can you replace me, please? I was really looking forward to this theme, but I just don't have the motivation for mafia lately. I'd rather get someone in here who's actually going to help than force you guys to wait for me to get a chance to catch up.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Stay

I'd like to remain on this plane for now and see how it ends up affecting the gameplay. I am quite intrigued by the vote sliver thing.

btw sorry for not posting yet this day. I'll read up when I get off work and post something.

Okay here is what I'm understanding from this game so far. The two 5 color walkers are probably Linkdude74 and DekuNut, and they want us to find out which one of us is trying to resurrect the power of a once all powerful being.
As all of you enter on New Phyrexia you realize something is wrong. Some of those among you are trying to help a once all powerful being obtain that power again. But an even more powerful being or two has decided that you all are going to have to figure out who among you are evil. During the Walk to New Phyrexia, they put you all in normal clothes, stole your faces, made your Hair grow backwards... This is the power of Us walkers who use all 5 colours of mana. Changing reality at a whim is nothing for us. After a few Fireball spells, counter spells, really cool magic happens, the group decides that there is more going on and you planeswalk away, thinking it will fix this mess.

Now here's where I think I may have found something. He mentions three groups: all the planewalkers, those few who are trying to restore the beings power, and the ones who are mentioned to be evil. Could the evil group and the restoration group be the same? Maybe. Perhaps someone who knows magic a little better than me can say.

As to those who are trying to restore the power, I think they are trying to help Nicol Balas, a dragon trying to regain his former power. If that is the case, then mafia members would probably be servants of Nicol. Again Magic players, does this fit the story? Anyway that's just my thoughts.

Vote: Walk

This game story and MTG story isn't the same. There are no 5 color walkers at the moment.

Okay here is what I'm understanding from this game so far. The two 5 color walkers are probably Linkdude74 and DekuNut, and they want us to find out which one of us is trying to resurrect the power of a once all powerful being.

Now here's where I think I may have found something. He mentions three groups: all the planewalkers, those few who are trying to restore the beings power, and the ones who are mentioned to be evil. Could the evil group and the restoration group be the same? Maybe. Perhaps someone who knows magic a little better than me can say.

As to those who are trying to restore the power, I think they are trying to help Nicol Balas, a dragon trying to regain his former power. If that is the case, then mafia members would probably be servants of Nicol. Again Magic players, does this fit the story? Anyway that's just my thoughts.

And I would agree with that @Frozen Chosen, Nicol did lose some of his powers at one point in the story, and he and his follows could be trying to find a way to return those powers back to him. This would without a doubt be the mafia of this game.

Also

again. XD. We got are uses out of this plane already. Plus we still have two more walks left of this day.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
We already have our creatures so
walk

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
To pretty much stir up some discussion on a lynch target...

Based on what others have said about Magic, I am inclined to believe that GDL was scum. With that assumption, Blackkirby looks pretty innocent considering his reaction to GDL's unvote on Scarfed.

Why unvote?

This was something pretty small, but worth noting all the same.

As for the possible SK kill from last night (which can still be a vig or a mafia kill), I think a good list to look at would be the people who voted Stay yesterday. Pendio, Music, Crusader, and admittedly myself. If not one of them, then most likely people who didn't vote walk or stay at all. No way would someone who had kill ability would vote walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom