• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Mafia Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Do you guys think a game where every player gets 1 vig shot for the game and every player is self aligned, and every player knows this, would be fun at all? Like, the way to win is be last one standing, or a draw between two players if they are last two standing and have both used their vig shots. Would you guys play that? I'd make it a really big game as well. Like, 25 spots.

It's a bit interesting, but I don't think it'd work. It would defeat the concept of not knowing which side the other players are on (something that is very typical for Mafia). In the end people would (possibly) be forming alliances and it'd probably turn out quite unfair. But these are just my opinions. ^^

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I also have another "Everyone gets one vig shot" idea. These would be super quick games though, I imagine. Hmm....... Also, Lets imagine the aftermath of the first night of the one I talked about.

Rachel

be vigitant
Maybe it would be cool if you had teams of two or three, even four set at the start?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Do you guys think a game where every player gets 1 vig shot for the game and every player is self aligned, and every player knows this, would be fun at all? Like, the way to win is be last one standing, or a draw between two players if they are last two standing and have both used their vig shots. Would you guys play that? I'd make it a really big game as well. Like, 25 spots.

While that does sound kinda interesting, it's not really Mafia. I mean, the main objective of mafia is trying to determine who is scum and who is not; there is none of that at all in this type of game, as everyone knows what everyone else's role is. Like Xyphon said, it'll probably just be a forum version of Survivor.

So, while it could be an interesting game, it's not a game of Mafia.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
There's a version where there's one scum and like 7 or so Paranoid Gun Owners, where they're all bulletproof until they arm themselves but they can't kill the same night they arm themselves, and they only have one shot to take down the Mafioso, that's what this idea reminds me of.

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
Hey, yall.
I'm relatively new to the forums (Actually, forget relatively, I'm brand, spanking new) and am really interested in your Mafia games.
Don't worry, I have experience playing and moderating (and can provide links to prove it) so I'm not as newbish as I may seem. However, I'm kinda lost when it comes to how you guys regulate the games. I've looked through a couple of the stickied threads and I'm getting the idea that you can't just go out and create one (there's some sort of line?!?). So, can someone please explain to me how you guys have limits in regards to the amount of games played, and how to sign up to be a moderator.
Thanks, Rob

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hey, yall.
I'm relatively new to the forums (Actually, forget relatively, I'm brand, spanking new) and am really interested in your Mafia games.
Don't worry, I have experience playing and moderating (and can provide links to prove it) so I'm not as newbish as I may seem. However, I'm kinda lost when it comes to how you guys regulate the games. I've looked through a couple of the stickied threads and I'm getting the idea that you can't just go out and create one (there's some sort of line?!?). So, can someone please explain to me how you guys have limits in regards to the amount of games played, and how to sign up to be a moderator.
Thanks, Rob

The Mafia Game and Mod Queue has the current lineup of all games that are waiting to be played. That is also the place where you sign up to create a game (don't worry, it'll only take 6000 years for your game to start). Just follow the rules and guidelines presented within that thread, and then signup. I think the current rule is 2 games at a time, so you'll have to wait a long time.

Mido

Version 1
I've been thinking about this for a couple of months, and I want to put in my two cents about something:

Awhile back, I was considering modding a Beginner's Mafia (8) game down the line, but with the queue in the state that it is, I don't see it happening any time soon. :lol: Also, it seems that there isn't a current beginner's structure at the moment with our come-and-go queue. Basically, what I have been formulating is something of a Beginner's Mafia group on this site. That way, if there are players who are just starting to play or players who are struggling and wish to refine their skills in a more basic setting waiting for such an opportunity, they have Beginner's Games ready to go, independent from the Mafia thread where the queue remains as is! I don't know, at my proposition's worst, it may seem like a redundant idea, and I really am nit sure if any approval was needed per say. Nonetheless, what do you guys think about this idea?

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Could we possibly get a small (10 people or so) Beginner's Mafia going on a semi-regular basis? I don't know exactly why they stopped happening, maybe it just became too much to handle with two regular games going alongside it, but I know that a lot of new players tend to be rather inactive in the regular games. I think this is because they often don't know what is going on. I think having small scale Beginner's Mafia games going on frequently enough to hold all the possible new players could give everybody a better experience in the regular Mafia games since there would be a better chance of people joining them for the first time having some experience with them. It would also help those who have been in one or two regular mafia games already but still haven't gotten a grasp on it. So would this be a good idea or do you (who ever is reading this post, preferably somebody who can do something about this) think that people being thrown into regular Mafia is a more efficient way to teach them?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Could we possibly get a small (10 people or so) Beginner's Mafia going on a semi-regular basis? I don't know exactly why they stopped happening, maybe it just became too much to handle with two regular games going alongside it, but I know that a lot of new players tend to be rather inactive in the regular games. I think this is because they often don't know what is going on. I think having small scale Beginner's Mafia games going on frequently enough to hold all the possible new players could give everybody a better experience in the regular Mafia games since there would be a better chance of people joining them for the first time having some experience with them. It would also help those who have been in one or two regular mafia games already but still haven't gotten a grasp on it. So would this be a good idea or do you (who ever is reading this post, preferably somebody who can do something about this) think that people being thrown into regular Mafia is a more efficient way to teach them?
If there were 2 regular mafia and 1 beginners game going (with the beginners games having their own queue), I wouldn't mind hosting the first one.

Mido

Version 1

If you look at the post above you, (My last post), I tried to get a program going with a Beginner's Mafia program being put into practice in an official group. It has never been officially green-lighted, however, so I can't really do anything at the moment. This was mainly because I was planning to host Beginner's Mafia 8. I proposed this method because at the time, the queue was rather large, and therefore difficult to fit in a Beginner's round. The group method allows the queue to run at its steady pace without intrusion for other moderators of their games.

Repentance said:
If there were 2 regular mafia and 1 beginners game going (with the beginners games having their own queue), I wouldn't mind hosting the first one.

Our old system included this same format, but the issue was that most of the time, one of the three games would go inactive. (At least in comparison to the other two.) Despite this, I always liked the system, primarily regarding what Stitch said above. If anything in the last four posts is seen, I hope plans get put into action! :yes:

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
If you look at the post above you, (My last post), I tried to get a program going with a Beginner's Mafia program being put into practice in an official group. It has never been officially green-lighted, however, so I can't really do anything at the moment. This was mainly because I was planning to host Beginner's Mafia 8. I proposed this method because at the time, the queue was rather large, and therefore difficult to fit in a Beginner's round. The group method allows the queue to run at its steady pace without intrusion for other moderators of their games.

While in theory a group for this sounds great, the group system we have is flawed and for the most part abandoned because nobody really understands it. I think this would put off more new players than it would attract. I think it would be better to have Beginner's games running in this mafia sub forum that are just for new players/relatively new players (i.e. players who have been in 1 or 2 regular games but need some extra practice and help). We could have a limited number of veteran players in these games also. The main point is that they are separate from the main mafia games in a way that they don't interfere with them (hence why I suggested them being smaller games). There would probably a whole separate queue for them because of this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom