• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I'm going to be honest I'm torn on the poka (semi)bandwagon (voting has died down).
I think thoughts against it have valid points do to the WIFOM situation. However I think I'm going to wait to tomorrow(been a bit busy).
I think the cop should target the moderately/ fully active players tonight. Just a suggestion. Give them a bit more room to post and theorize in the thread. Two that stick out are justa and vergo. (Justa is fully vergo is semi)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm going to be honest I'm torn on the poka (semi)bandwagon (voting has died down).
I think thoughts against it have valid points do to the WIFOM situation. However I think I'm going to wait to tomorrow(been a bit busy).
I think the cop should target the moderately/ fully active players tonight. Just a suggestion. Give them a bit more room to post and theorize in the thread. Two that stick out are justa and vergo. (Justa is fully vergo is semi)
Personally, I think you should be investigated.

Big Octo

=^)
Just a suggestion. Give them a bit more room to post and theorize in the thread. Two that stick out are justa and vergo. (Justa is fully vergo is semi)

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting this (I feel like I might be), but are you saying that Vergo is semi-active? He hasn't made a single post at all today. I had to check to see if he was even in this game.

However, we shouldn't forget about players like Vergo because they could easily be scum slipping under the radar.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
But, if he is who he claims, then there wouldn't be a result from that.
If he's Town then it's pretty obvious he's telling the truth. A Townie fake claiming at this stage would be really stupid (sorry, only word I could think of, lol). Of course this means nothing if he's the GF, but there's always that slight chance with the Cop.

The Cop should never come out to confirm a player, they should only come out if they get a guilty result. So, if MF is investigated, and the Cop doesn't claim, we move on with that in mind and suspicion on MF drops completely. However, if the Cop states they got a guilty result then we know what to do. All of this works out in theory, but they're plenty of things that can go wrong, but that's a risk we always have to take.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
With you saying that it's a pressure vote, the logical next question would be to ask why you pressured musicfan out of everyone else. But it seems that you don't have an answer to that.

Poka, I just wrote a four paragraph explanation of why I thought you were scummy. If the only thing you gathered from that was me saying "Seems scummy to me..." I honestly don't know what else to do.

The issue is that you cannot explain why you pressured musicfan, except that it was a mistake. I understand that sometimes we make stupid mistakes like that in mafia, but there are ALSO plenty of reasons that the mafia would want to vote musicfan, which I explained. If he's the Commuter, the mafia would WANT to lynch him, so it makes sense for a mafioso to vote for him without any real reasoning. (Unless it was disproven that musicfan was the Commuter? Or is that still a belief?)

If this is a mistake, then I'm sorry, but you're still our best lead.

And that's WIFOM right there.

The mafia would be just as clever killing Fused so that not only was he out of the way, but you could use this excuse to ward off suspicion, claiming that the mafia is framing you. But then it's fair to also point out that the mafia could have killed Fused so that they would have that excuse for lynching you.

I think that Fused's death is kind of a moot point. Really, the Fused thing isn't much of a big deal to me, since that could just as easily go either way -- it's the original vote on musicfan that makes me suspicious.

1. He voted for musicfan, possibly a Commuter that the mafia would definitely want out of the way, with no reasoning at all. He asked why musicfan was suspicious even though he was the only one voting and he should have known.
2. He immediately removed his vote when people suspected him and started a bandwagon on Fig, which very quickly gained momentum and diverted attention away from himself.
3. Fused, someone who voiced suspicions on him, died in the night.

Despite you trying to get me killed, I really respect you, you have been adding a lot to the discussion, and justify all your votes completely, I'm 99% sure you're town (and 1% that you're just a really good Mafia).

I'll try to tackle you're three points.

1. I voted Music to keep the game going, look at it like this, I could have not done anything, and kept the game that much more stagnant, or at least make some kind of attempt to keep the game going, which is what I did. There's also this whole "He knew MF was the commuter, because he was Mafia," well first we have to assume MF is actually the commuter, the claim came after the role was mentioned, and had a possibility of existing, I have no large amount reason to believe him, although nobody coming up and counterclaiming does add some legitimacy. We also have to assume I'm not a cop, or some other role that can find peoples alignment, which I can tell you now, i'm not. Me saying I could be Cop is just questioning this accusation, in a way it seems like you guys are just making guesses and assumptions, when in reality all I did was make a minor mistake.

2. It wasn't what I would call immediately, some time after my vote for MF I went back and read all the accusations and made a calculated decision on whether or not I thought MF was worth lynching, which I explained I didn't because taking the only lead on day 1, when there wasn't even a big chance of that person being Lynch, didn't justify a vote from me. I'm trying to explain Figs lynch as best as I could, I wanted to continue the game, continue contributing suspicions. I can't deny that Figs lynch diverted attention away from me, which I was grateful for, but I think its a little bold saying just because someone who had only 2 votes on them (Until Fig voted me when I voted for him), having another lynch surpass his by only 1 vote means that hes Mafia, shifting targets and weighing options is just how this game works, and people, from Town to Mafia have there own reasons for joining bandwagons.

3. I already explained this, there are a lot of reasons Fused could of died last night, but we can only speculate as to why it happened, because none of us were there.

I explained my reason for voting for Fig yday, and voting for you today. I know you're busy, but its in the thread.

Who are you most suspicious of? Me, I take it. But who else?

I scrolled through all of today's text, only to be disappointed by the fact that you most definitely did not justify your vote on me.

Probably someone's night action/power.

With 2 3rd party players on Day 3, we can assume there is no cult, and the other player (beside the SK) is probably a survivor. In which case, its in your best interest to scum-hunt, bro, lest we lynch you for doing nothing and waste our time and yours.

Okay,
Vote: PokaLink

Not saying this isn't a bad explanation, moving forward is always beneficial, but it seems like that's all you ever have to say, and you did the same thing yesterday. I wen't back and looked, that post where you said "*** it" and just voted Fig, you didn't give any reasoning, and that was your last post regarding the Fig Lynch, and yeh, I know you had your own suspicions about Fig that you revealed today, but that still doesn't justify how you acted yesterday and today

The only person who seems to have legitimate reasons to lynching me, is HoT everyone else is just going with the flow, not thinking for themselves.

I really don't want to have to write this stuff out, but on the off chance I do die I guess I should write something up for you guys to go off of.

Suspicions:

1. Probably Viral at this point the way you've been acting seems so flip floppy and passive.

2. BlackKirby, even more covert then Viral, and has contributed a lot less then Viral, he also had been following bandwagons a lot.

3. JC, this is mostly a gut feeling, the way he says things like "PokaLink always follows others" when as others have pointed out I have been actively thinking for myself. He makes assumptions and doesn't seem to listen to anyone else, again this is mostly a gut-feeling, I don't have much to back this up (Partially because i'm to lazy to go back and read) but you asked me what my suspicions were.

4. Musicfan if only a little has been kinda of weird, in fact yesterday I had full intention to switch my vote to MF so I wouldn't die, but since for some reason the Fig bandwagon took of I had no reason to. We still don't know if the commuter is in this game, but it would make sense if they didn't want to claim, because if they did mafia could rally for his/her lynch, or use some kind of night ability.

5. Kirino, IDK about this one, he acted brash last night, but I've done the same, so who am I to judge, hes also been a little inactive also.

6. To add to 5 all of the players who have been mostly inactive have just as of a good chance of being Mafia as I do, in fact probably more, since we have so many Mafia we should really start drilling the inactives.

Who I think are most likely townies:

HoT, LG, Pendio, and Dekunut so far those four have actively contributed to this game, have analysed the game and every persons actions, and most of all have been extremely active.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
2. BlackKirby, even more covert then Viral, and has contributed a lot less then Viral, he also had been following bandwagons a lot.
[/QUThe two votes I made so far are for fig and poka and to me I don't see how I joined the bandwagon at all with fig because I pointed out my suspicions towards him very early on in the game and if im right I said I will put more in there if anything else comes up and towards the end of the day some things came up so I placed my vote.

The poka vote was because yes I was being inactive and felt like I needed to put something in and vote for him I guess that felt a bit bandwagonish (if that's a word) but I don't see myself coming off that way.

EBWODP

quote fail woops.

Big Octo

=^)
Earlier I was expressing my suspicions against Poke primarily due to the timing of fused's death, and even then I recognized it as a WIFOM. However, after his more recent defense posts, I'm more indifferent than anything at this point.

At this point I'm primarily concerned with inactive players (see my previous post about Vergo). I'd love to hear from Sydney and AvatarFlygon. On the day previous, Vergo mentioned that his wane in activity was due to real life commitments. Nonetheless, I'd like his input at some point.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I scrolled through all of today's text, only to be disappointed by the fact that you most definitely did not justify your vote on me.

V

I saw it, but I chose to ignore it. Pressure votes don't really work if you reveal early on that its solely for pressure. We got a few votes, so I don't mind saying it now.

I'm not sold on your alignment but for now I'll;

Unvote

Jamie: vote count?

Also, I've been reading a bit again, and I don't think fused was solely killed to wifom a potential townie or as a random kill. He was the only player to condone Koki's wifom on day 1 during day 1. Maybe scum thought he was other mason. Food for thought, even if it does us nothing right now.

LG: Who are you most suspicious of? I'll tell you if you tell me :)

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
On the whole Poka thing I'm not very sure what to think. I understand why HoT is suspicious but with Poka's latest response it just makes me feel like he isn't lying. It could be going either way, and I'm not suspicious enough of him to vote.

Anyways, I'd also like to say that at this point I'm trusting musicfan's claim. The way I see it, if he is lying there is no reason why the commuter shouldn't call him out on it. The Mafia already knows who the commuter is, so they aren't really changing anything by saying it in here. And if they say it, first option is we lynch Music, he is mafia or SK, good job town. Second option we lynch him and it turns out he wasn't lying, then that other person would be up for a lynch immediately, or the vig might even take them out that same night. So it wouldn't really make sense for the mafia to sacrifice one of their own with a fake claim just to get Music lynched, since his role can't really hurt them. Now, I acknowledge the possibility that there might not be a commuter at all, but for now I'm willing to trust his claim.

Also I don't know why but I'm getting a weird feeling from blackkirby's posts. I really have no evidence to say why they make me suspicious, so it's really a gut feeling. For now I'm just gonna be cautious with him.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Remaining Factions(3):
Town: 14
Mafia: 5
Third Party: 2

Vote Count:
PokaLink(3) - Justac00lguy, Blackkirby, Heroine of Time
Thareous(1) - Pendio
Not Voting(17): Big Octo, LittleGumball, Kirino, AvatarFlygon, DekuNut, musicfan, Mellow Ezlo, Sydney, Go_Dark_Link, Firice da Vinci, ~Mizuki~, Viral Maze, Thareous, Stitch, Celeboy, Ver-go-a-go-go, PokaLink
With 21 people alive, it takes 11 votes for a majority lynch. The day will end at 11:59:59PM EST on Monday, August 18th.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
hihi i'm back

i'm gonna read through this thread and make a post sometime tomorrow

also just so i can contribute something plainly obvious: our main focus right now should be getting the mafia. 2 third parties (we can assume that at least one has a killing ability -- probably an SK), isn't as bad as 5 mafia members (i'm not exactly sure what ability results in statistics being posted, and i'm not sure if that corresponds to any specific alignment, but this is pretty handy). i'm gonna go back and read up on everyone's suspicions and see what i can formulate from there

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
You know, a part of me does think that it's very likely that this whole thing with Poka really was one big mistake. Viral made a good point about the mafia possibly thinking Fused was the other mason; Fused's attitude toward Koki on Day 1 definitely made ME think he was the other mason at first. I'd forgotten about that. Besides, it's not like Poka's made any other scummy moves since then, and he's been working diligently to defend himself.

But despite this... again, whether Poka is Town or Mafia, I think his death will give us some idea of where to look next. So that's why I'm sticking with my vote for the moment. But by all means, if we come up with a better lead, I'd be quite happy to reconsider.

I do think, however, that there's something in the people who voted for musicfan. It makes sense that the mafia would place suspicion on the Commuter. But before I get any farther into that line of thought, I'd like to hear what musicfan himself thinks. I don't think he's straight-out claimed that he's the Commuter yet -- we just all assumed that because he's Sonic. Musicfan, would you mind confirming or denying our assumptions?

By the way... I had a thought. What if the Commuter is third party? It wouldn't be the first time in a mafia game. And I wouldn't be that surprised if Sonic was third party.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I do think, however, that there's something in the people who voted for musicfan. It makes sense that the mafia would place suspicion on the Commuter. But before I get any farther into that line of thought, I'd like to hear what musicfan himself thinks. I don't think he's straight-out claimed that he's the Commuter yet -- we just all assumed that because he's Sonic. Musicfan, would you mind confirming or denying our assumptions?

By the way... I had a thought. What if the Commuter is third party? It wouldn't be the first time in a mafia game. And I wouldn't be that surprised if Sonic was third party.

I agree with the first paragraph, someone said somewhere that the mafia would like to get rid of the commuter because they can't NK them, so then when people started going after MF, and MF turned out to softclaim commuter ("I am the empty room"), it makes me more suspicious of the people STILL going after him.

And idk if Commuter can be town. Might be something to research on that Mafia wiki? Anyway I think that the 3rd party things are Serial Killer (obv) and Dreaming God. I don't know of any role that can show how many members are left of each faction, so I figured it might be a Dreaming God ability. I don't know a character who could be a DG from Smash, though. Anyway if there's no DG then Commuter is the other 3rd party, and it just might be MF.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I agree with the first paragraph, someone said somewhere that the mafia would like to get rid of the commuter because they can't NK them, so then when people started going after MF, and MF turned out to softclaim commuter ("I am the empty room"), it makes me more suspicious of the people STILL going after him.

And idk if Commuter can be town. Might be something to research on that Mafia wiki? Anyway I think that the 3rd party things are Serial Killer (obv) and Dreaming God. I don't know of any role that can show how many members are left of each faction, so I figured it might be a Dreaming God ability. I don't know a character who could be a DG from Smash, though. Anyway if there's no DG then Commuter is the other 3rd party, and it just might be MF.

As I stated earlier, I also think the other third party might be a Dreaming God. As for what character, I'm at a loss at well. Only character that comes to mind is Lucario, but I'm not really sure. Also, back in the Mafia 9 game a long time ago, I was the town commuter. The name of the role was never openly stated, but that was basically what I was. I could hide at night and be free from all actions against me, whether good or bad. I could also not post again in the thread during the day because I was still hiding until someone asked me, by my name, to talk. And if I had been hiding and someone asked why I'd been gone I couldn't lie. I either had to claim or not respond at all. It doesn't really mean anything, but just wanted to point out that the commuter role can definitely be town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom