• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Future of the Hylian Knight Usergroup

Should the HK rank be kept?

• Keep the HK rank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not keep the HK rank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
Please report all of my replies.

No one is going to report your replies. According to the rules, your posts have not violated any of the rules. While people can argue that you offended or targeted people, you said so yourself that you didn't have any intentions nor meant to insult a user. They simply have a different view (albeit they are currently the most spoken as people seem to lean towards their side) from yours. Simply having a different opinion from them doesn't mean you are in wrong or they are in the right. Hope things are ok and just take things personal during discussions.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
No one is going to report your replies. According to the rules, your posts have not violated any of the rules. While people can argue that you offended or targeted people, you said so yourself that you didn't have any intentions nor meant to insult a user. They simply have a different view (albeit they are currently the most spoken as people seem to lean towards their side) from yours. Simply having a different opinion from them doesn't mean you are in wrong or they are in the right. Hope things are ok and just take things personal during discussions.

In the HK thread I feel like you're being a serious pain. If me, Kitsu, or Seth posted like you are in there, we'd be banned on sight

Please stop making me become a part of this argument of mod bias.

Please report me, and mods please ban me.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
If you want to be banned, there are several ways you can do so, but I see no reason to infract you let alone ban you.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me

Funny how that works, isn't it. It's ok for someone else to have a different opinion than somebody if you happen to agree with the first person. Otherwise, they're trolling and destroying the forum.

ON TOPIC: Everyone has made their positions quite clear, but to reiterate: The opponents of keeping the HKs take that position because the rank is an exclusive club and serves no actual purpose.

Fig

The Altruist
Please stop making me become a part of this argument of mod bias.

Please report me, and mods please ban me.

May I ask were did that second quote came from? I only ask because since my quote is right about it, it sounds as if I stated it before so it would be nice to know where that came from exactly.

Again I will iterate this again, your posts did not violate the forum rules. Anyone who reports you based on this thread alone is using baseless reasonings. Sure they disagree with you, but you didn't do anything rash. You simply stated your opinion, that's all you did. It's just that they are really trying to push their opinions towards the forum in general, but your opinion is just as important. You did nothing wrong, therefore there is no reason for you to be banned for your opinions on this thread.

Fig

The Altruist
Funny how that works, isn't it. It's ok for someone else to have a different opinion than somebody if you happen to agree with the first person. Otherwise, they're trolling and destroying the forum.

ON TOPIC: Everyone has made their positions quite clear, but to reiterate: The opponents of keeping the HKs take that position because the rank is an exclusive club and serves no actual purpose.

With that logic, I guess I should consider you a troll because you have a different opinion compared to me, but that's not the case. If someone has done harsh things in the past or simply trying to get a reaction from someone, you can't really argue to protect them as their actions in the past were intentional to begin with. I have acknowledged years ago that not everyone will agree with what I have to say because that's just nature. And to clarify, a person can only be considered a troll or deconstructive based on their actions, not on their opinions. You disagreeing with me is civil in nature. However, if either you or me intentional meant to cause harm to one another via sending hate letters/message, trying deal physical or emotional harm, more than likely we are not going to see each as a nice person.

Ganondork

goo
Kitsu said:
Okay, first off, I don't even know what Keith is trying to say in his post. HKs are like image boards? I don't get it. What perks do they have?

Had no real intention of joining in on this, but I feel like you're feigning ignorance on this one. I didn't say, "It's like 4chan." I said, "It's like posting an image with your post on 4chan." The entire point of that concept is that people will notice the post, because it has a quality that makes it stand out. A Hylian Knight has a different color and banner, which helps make them stick out. The reason why this is important is because it allows people to actually notice the post, and immediately see who the role models of the forum are.

To answer the questions of the perks, that's also plainly written in the quoted post. I said they were small, because being able to close your own thread, and access to the HK forum are small. But the important thing is that they potentially may have a larger sway on moderators and admins. This is because they are considered role models if they're promoted to Hylian Knight.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Had no real intention of joining in on this, but I feel like you're feigning ignorance on this one. I didn't say, "It's like 4chan." I said, "It's like posting an image with your post on 4chan." The entire point of that concept is that people will notice the post, because it has a quality that makes it stand out. A Hylian Knight has a different color and banner, which helps make them stick out. The reason why this is important is because it allows people to actually notice the post, and immediately see who the role models of the forum are.

To answer the questions of the perks, that's also plainly written in the quoted post. I said they were small, because being able to close your own thread, and access to the HK forum are small. But the important thing is that they potentially may have a larger sway on moderators and admins. This is because they are considered role models if they're promoted to Hylian Knight.

Even better if they change the HK rank to a webm.

Although I'm still undecided on the matter, I'd like to chime in with my thoughts about the current state of the Hylian Knight rank.

Now I probably shouldn't reveal this, but I was browsing the trash subforum and happened to stumble upon an HK nomination thread that had been moved to that section. It was one of the newer threads under the system that was used to promote Heroine and JC. Before reading any further, I decided to search for an old nomination thread from when nominations were monthly. The difference between quality of threads was extremely extensive to say the least.

Under the old nomination system, a thread would be created halfway through the month where HKs simply suggested some names of people who looked like potential HK candidates with a sentence of elaboration. Then, in a usually separate thread, voting would occur with members listing the proposed nominees as "yes" or 'no" votes with no reasoning at all.

In comparison, the nomination threads starting from last year are a lot more detailed and discussion promoting. Since every user has a thread dedicated to themselves, HKs go in depth about a potential candidate's quality of posts, attitude, and willingness to contribute to the forums, while also noting any reservations they may have, whether it be a past lapse in behavior or dedication. Most of the knights post 2-3 paragraphs per nomination thread they choose to participate in.

With an apparent drive to increase discussion in the subforum and from what I have heard Thareous, Vee, Fig, and several others state about the efficiency of the newest voting system implemented, I'm somewhat inclined to give the Hylian Knight rank the benefit of the doubt.

That said, the members who are opposed to keep the rank on the basis of its inefficiency (not what it stands for), are rightfully so as no progress has been made in the past year. Yes, promises are good and all; however, members want to see this talk translate into action.

As I don't have action to the Hylian Knights' section, I'll have to take JC's word for the following statement, and I'm very inclined to since others have voiced similar sentiments in the past; aside from promotion, another glaring issue with the HK rank is the lack of demotions for people who clearly lack interest in being active forum role models. Where has Majora's Cat been for the longest time? I'll admit that anyone who knows my activity on the Wiki has the right to call me a hypocrite in this regard, as I have been slacking for a scribe in 2014, yet I have never vanished from the face of the site completely; rather, I've chosen to prioritize one of my responsibilities over the other.

I still could understand keeping the rank if someone was contributing to other facets of the site. For example, there was a time period in which Hanyou was not the most active forum poster, but whenever he did log on, he made an effort to make exceptionally high quality posts, and he regularly contributed to the main site by posting articles on a rotating basis with Axle, Djinn, and Garo.

I don't have an inherent problem with the HK rank as its members do not flaunt their rank as some symbol of superiority, but its inner workings need to be more clearly defined to include rules for getting people in and out of the rank. And I guarantee, that if the rank is eliminated, which does not seem to be the case as this thread is going, there will be compensation for affected members. I'm in agreement with Wolf Sage that members such as MW7 and misskiten who have no ranks to "fall back on" so to speak should not go unacknowledged for making high quality posts over an extended period of time. I've considered revamping the Golden Fro and there will be more awards to follow in the near future including Locke's idea to honor those who have left a lasting imprint on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom