• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Think the Zelda U Villain Will Be?

Who do you think the Zelda U villain will be?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Vaati

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
If I gain support it is for my for my well constructed and thought out arguments. I do that because I have to, I can't just state my opinion as fact and claim that anyone who disagrees with me has something wrong with them. This is online where all I have is the power of the words I type. When someone types their opinions as facts and makes it out that everyone should believe them just as they say so, most people reading will think 'what an A hole, why should I listen to them?'. It is very fortunate that people like that don't gain support, because if their idea was good they would have come up with a great explanation why.

I suggest that we get back on the topic of villains.

I would apologize for coming off as such thing but then you once again insulted me. I understand you're mostly referring to how it's fortunate the a-holes don't get support but don't ever think that maybe you're a a-hole for accusing me of being such thing and that saying I don't deserve support, even though, when I made it VERY clear as day that ALL I've ever done is TRY to be as REASONABLE as possible? Alright, I'm SORRY if I ACCIDENTALLY came off as an a-hole cause I did NOT intentionally mean to come off as such thing. That's what I keep trying to EXPLAIN to you people in a situation like this but you people just NEVER hear me out. How would you like it if you were accused of being a jerk when didn't mean it and people never heard you out cause all they could think is that you're a jerk? I bet you wouldn't like it would you? Now that I apologized to you (not that you really deserved it but I apologized to you anyways cause unlike the kind of person you're being right now, I'm actually a nice guy who actually gives a f***), I think I deserve an apology in return. It's either that or you get reported, which is it? Continuing to insult me will get you nowhere good, I can tell you that.

Lesson to be learned here: You should hear people out BEFORE you judge them.

Every mainline console Zelda besides Majora's Mask has had Ganondorf as a final antagonist (in some form). We could get a Zant / Girahim-style villain for most of the game, with Ganondorf revealed much later as the final boss. We might also see a drastic Ganondorf redesign that makes us not recognize the main antagonist as Ganondorf until he takes off a mask or something, that'd be pretty neat.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Every mainline console Zelda besides Majora's Mask has had Ganondorf as a final antagonist (in some form). We could get a Zant / Girahim-style villain for most of the game, with Ganondorf revealed much later as the final boss. We might also see a drastic Ganondorf redesign that makes us not recognize the main antagonist as Ganondorf until he takes off a mask or something, that'd be pretty neat.

Love the mask idea. what if a masked character is pretending to be Ganondorf, and manipulates link into thinking he has to remove the master or four sword from the pedestal to defeat him when Ganon is actually sealed by the sword itself and that causes the release of Ganon halfway through the game or something.

Well since I missed the DLink discussion, here's something... What are some cool ideas you have for the Wii U villain? assuming it's not an old one returning.

I have one that involves two main villains. For this setting, there will be a race of ugly rat-like people who were forced to live in the sewers of Hyrule a long time ago. One of them made his way out and their existence was rediscovered after which he goes on a peace and equality campaign when he's actually planning to reverse the positions. The other villain is a corrupt priest who asserts the the uglies are inferior and do not deserve to live with the "master race". The conflict escalates to both parties using dark magic and planning mass genocide on he other race.

VitaTempusN92

Well since I missed the DLink discussion, here's something... What are some cool ideas you have for the Wii U villain? assuming it's not an old one returning.

I had an idea but it was shunned! Gee, I wonder who shunned it? *stares at DJ Twitch and Ganonking sternly*

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Totally have to agree with VitaTempusN92 on pretty much everything. Ganonking, you have done nothing but demonize this member and asked too much of him. Vita is obviously very passionate about his opinions and that should be enough. Instead of demanding "evidence" and "facts" and "support" when it comes to his ideas (which is just another way to insult him), you should respect his passion and actually read what he writes. If you disagree with Vita, it is indicative that you must not have read his exquisite words. That’s the only explanation. The point is that Vita's ideas are important in principle because he as a person is so awesome and accomplished in principle and he therefore deserves all of our respect. So drop the elitist attitude Ganonking and actually immerse yourself in the golden ideas that are coming from this special member that you have unkindly treated.

If Vita says that an idea is stupid or that you holding onto another opinion aside from his is wrong, maybe you should listen to that and just let it go. He doesn’t need evidence if his words are self-evidently objectively infallible, and when you’re objectively infallible, you are justified in being insulting and obnoxious (and he’s not those things at all, so jokes on you). Concede the point. Vita apologized to you in the most respectful way imaginable, but Vita owes you nothing; no apology, no evidence, no respect. Your opinions on villains and Zelda are objectively inferior Ganonking because Vita’s ideas are derived from himself; a source infinitely greater than anything you can conceive. His mind is obviously better than other minds in this forum.

Reading through this thread it’s obvious that Vita has responded with well thought out refutations of all your points and done so in a very respectful and calm manner. If he came off as rude, it’s because you’re delusional. If Vita comes off as rude, it’s really just his brilliance shining through with unabashedly powerful text that seeks to move others on an emotional level. By requesting Vita to show evidence or by telling him to “calm down” or by trying to talk about this topic reasonably, you have shown the inferiority of your opinions and thus your character. Ganonking, just by disagreeing with Vita and his impressive wit, you are insulting him. Learn some manners if you’re going to debate like a rational human being.

Oh, and Vita has never even said that his opinions are “right” or “wrong” (even though they are objectively and obviously right), he has just been stating his humble, very very humble opinion. And one of those opinions is that you’re stupid and that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Any reasonable person would see it just like him, and since you don’t, it’s his opinion that you’re kind of dumb. It’s not his fault that his opinion happens to be correct. You hate him for his humble opinions and that’s not right. He has not once attacked you for your opinions. Not once. It looks like you’re wanting to have your cake and eat it too, Ganonking.

I for one am ashamed by Ganonking’s attitude and greatly impressed by VitaTempusN92’s. Just had to get that out there.

I had an idea but it was shunned! Gee, I wonder who shunned it? *stares at DJ Twitch and Ganonking sternly*

Yes I didn't like your idea and yes I was a little too harsh about it, but my real problem was your attitude. It may not have been your intention, but when you type in all caps and use red text, you tend to come across as a raging fanatic. It was hard to hear you out when you seemed to freak out when I said I don't want DLink, especially when you just boldly asserted that there was something wrong with me for not thinking the way you did. Just remember that it's hard to understand people over the internet and when you seem to be angry, that's the first turn-away others will get.

VitaTempusN92

Totally have to agree with VitaTempusN92 on pretty much everything. Ganonking, you have done nothing but demonize this member and asked too much of him. Vita is obviously very passionate about his opinions and that should be enough. Instead of demanding "evidence" and "facts" and "support" when it comes to his ideas (which is just another way to insult him), you should respect his passion and actually read what he writes. If you disagree with Vita, it is indicative that you must not have read his exquisite words. That’s the only explanation. The point is that Vita's ideas are important in principle because he as a person is so awesome and accomplished in principle and he therefore deserves all of our respect. So drop the elitist attitude Ganonking and actually immerse yourself in the golden ideas that are coming from this special member that you have unkindly treated.

If Vita says that an idea is stupid or that you holding onto another opinion aside from his is wrong, maybe you should listen to that and just let it go. He doesn’t need evidence if his words are self-evidently objectively infallible, and when you’re objectively infallible, you are justified in being insulting and obnoxious (and he’s not those things at all, so jokes on you). Concede the point. Vita apologized to you in the most respectful way imaginable, but Vita owes you nothing; no apology, no evidence, no respect. Your opinions on villains and Zelda are objectively inferior Ganonking because Vita’s ideas are derived from himself; a source infinitely greater than anything you can conceive. His mind is obviously better than other minds in this forum.

Reading through this thread it’s obvious that Vita has responded with well thought out refutations of all your points and done so in a very respectful and calm manner. If he came off as rude, it’s because you’re delusional. If Vita comes off as rude, it’s really just his brilliance shining through with unabashedly powerful text that seeks to move others on an emotional level. By requesting Vita to show evidence or by telling him to “calm down” or by trying to talk about this topic reasonably, you have shown the inferiority of your opinions and thus your character. Ganonking, just by disagreeing with Vita and his impressive wit, you are insulting him. Learn some manners if you’re going to debate like a rational human being.

Oh, and Vita has never even said that his opinions are “right” or “wrong” (even though they are objectively and obviously right), he has just been stating his humble, very very humble opinion. And one of those opinions is that you’re stupid and that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Any reasonable person would see it just like him, and since you don’t, it’s his opinion that you’re kind of dumb. It’s not his fault that his opinion happens to be correct. You hate him for his humble opinions and that’s not right. He has not once attacked you for your opinions. Not once. It looks like you’re wanting to have your cake and eat it too, Ganonking.

I for one am ashamed by Ganonking’s attitude and greatly impressed by VitaTempusN92’s. Just had to get that out there.

You know, in your previous post, I couldn't tell if you were actually complimenting me or insulting me with sarcasm, but this time it more it clear to me that you're being sarcastic. What, you think I'm an idiot or something? I KNOW what sarcasm is, I'm NOT stupid. I have had ENOUGH the disrespect, how would you like it if people did the same to you? You wouldn't like it would you? So STOP with the sarcasm. Also, I have referred to evidence in my opinion in a past post, you people are just too stupid to use your BRAIN! Why should I waste my time using images and/or videos as evidence when you are just going to say the SAME sh*t anyways. Also, I tried reporting Ganonking but no one has responded yet and I assume it's because no one cares on this God forsaken site. Well if no one is going to help me here, since everyone on this site has decided to be jerks, I guess I'll make my leave with a BANG!

Since you all asked for it, here my uncensored post from earlier:

Directed @: DJ Twitch, Ganonking, and Batman:

I give up, I am DONE ARGUING!! Your logic is invalid! Ban me if you want, I personally could care LESS of what you idiots say or do. You people OBVIOUSLY do NOT KNOW the great LEGENDS like I do, let alone the LOGIC of good vs evil as how it works in REAL LIFE! Debate/argue with me all you want, BAN me if that makes you idiots happy. I DON'T CARE! I find it pathetic how all you people are ALL nothing but bratty kids who don't even know a DAMN thing about Zelda and WHAT it's REALLY about and think that Ganon is the ONLY villain that counts when he DOESN'T! HE'S JUST A ****ING ICON VILLAIN!!! GET THE **** OVER IT!! YES, as I HAVE SAID, very CLEARLY, Ganon IS IMPORTANT to the series because of Demise but that DOES NOT MEAN HE'S the ****ing FINAL VILLAIN or that will always be a main villain for that matter! Dark Link DOES have potential, AS I HAVE SAID very CLEARLY like THREE or FOUR TIMES already, Dark Link CAN BE ANYONE or ANYTHING that RESEMBLES LINK!! YES, AS I've also SAID CLEARLY, Ravio DOES count as Dark Link as I've said very CLEARLY, Dark Link CAN be either GOOD or EVIL. If Lorule can be called a "Dark World" than Ravio can considered as a "Dark Link". Plus, Link CAN defeat Ganon by himself IF he TRIED. HAVE you people even PLAYED Zelda 1 and ALTTP!!?? ALSO, Link being a good guy DOES NOT mean he'll NEVER turn bad, Link HAS weaknesses that may leave him VULNERABLE to DARKNESS!! Get your childish HEADS out clouds and come BACK to REALITY, EVERYONE has a DARKSIDE, EVEN HEROES!! A Link incarnation CAN go corrupt if the terms of REALISM, DRAMA, and EMOTIONS applied. AND as I've made very CLEAR, WHO can possibly be MORE EVIL, THREATENING, and FAR MORE DANGEROUS than GANON!? I'll give a hint, OBVIOUSLY someone who HAS DESTROYED Ganon BEFORE therefore, PROVING he IS the SUPERIOR one ABOVE Ganon! Still lost noob!? This man HAS a HEART that CAN EASILY drive him MAD, ESPECIALLY if ALL he sees are the ones who he CARES about CONSTANTLY SUFFERING and meeting such TERRIBLE fates as DEATH, where with ALL that STRESS built up in him where it's enough for him to LOSE his COURAGE and FORGET what LOVE is where ALL he KNOWS is PAIN, CONFLICT, RESENTMENT, REGRETS and SUFFERING thus driving him MAD with EXTREME INTENSE RAGE and HATRED! WHO does THAT sound like to YOU kids!!?? "ZD Kids: We don't know mister Vita, you tell us, we're way TOO STUPID to understand!"! Okay kids, I guess I'll just tell then, HIS NAME IS LINK!!!!

Since that's were I ended at, I just conclude with the fact that it IS possible for Link to become a Dark Link! That's ALL I was trying to point out but you people are just TOO stupid to see that and accuse of me of being the a-hole when really, the ones are the a-holes are you people. You can bash and insult me ALL you want but I am WARNING you that no matter WHAT you people do, ban me or not, IF THESE INSULTS keep up, YOU are in DEEP TROUBLE! I've been through kind sh*t before on other, there is NO for me to have to go through this bullsh*t all over again! So ban me if makes you happy. I'm done with this site anyways. I was hoping that I'll make good friends who actually respect on here but I guess not, I guess this just isn't a good place for to me to be, all I see here are children of Satan, in other words, bullies. You people leave me disappointed, goodbye.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why does disagreeing with someone make you stupid? I don't know about Ganonking but Batman has a university degree in some form of advanced physics, certainly a stupid person couldn't achieve any kind of university degree (except maybe general Arts lol), let alone one in the field Batman studied. From my experiences with Ganonking I would also assume he, too, is an intelligent individual capable of using his "BRAIN". In fact, most people on the site are intelligent. Mature, maybe not, but most are intelligent.
IF THESE INSULTS keep up, YOU are in DEEP TROUBLE!.
dy8Ktcz.jpg

What the ra-ri-ru-re-ro did you just say about me, ara ara? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my kurasu in chuunibyou, and I’ve been winkingly oblivious to numerous secret raids on my pantsu, and I have over 300 confirmed fanboy nosebleeds. I am trained in cosplay fanservice and I’m the most popular character on the entire show. You are nothing to me but just another baka hentai. I will wipe you the uguu out with fanservice the likes of which has never been seen before in this time slot, mark my ra-ri-ru-re-ro words. You think you can get away with being that ecchi to me over the Internet? Think again, baka. As we speak I am contacting my himitsu network of spies across the classroom and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, aho. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your social life. You’re going to die of embarrassment, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can humiliate you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s before my transformation sequence. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the writers' zany plot devices and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable smirk off the face of the continent, you pervert. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have kept quiet, ara ara. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you triple baka. I will unleash moe all over you and you will drown in it. You’re going to sleep, kiddo. (Please don't actually go to sleep on me.)

Since you all asked for it, here my uncensored post from earlier:
I've read it before and I've already told you what I think of the idea. Nobody is insulting you, in fact, I can't but feel like I'M the one being insulted here; If you go back to page 3, you'll remember that you gave me your opinion and then I shared mine to which you responded with blatant irrationality saying I have no idea what a real villain is and whatnot.

You may not have been trying to be unreasonable, but that's exactly how you came off. You then started calling us jerks/kids/whatever acting like we didn't understand what you said, that's why everyone is against you on this topic. You may have been reasonable, but next time try to be more civil.

I don't disrespect your opinion, nobody does. What we don't like is that fact some of you are giving a level 1 situation a level 10 response.

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

I've read it before and I've already told you what I think of the idea. Nobody is insulting you, in fact, I can't but feel like I'M the one being insulted here; If you go back to page 3, you'll remember that you gave your opinion and then I shared mine with which you responded with blatant irrationality saying I have no idea what a real villain is and whatnot.

You may not have been trying to be unreasonable, but that's exactly how you came off. You then started calling us jerks/kids/whatever acting like we didn't understand what you said, that's why everyone is against you on this topic. You may have been reasonable, but next time try to be more civil.

I said that cause from what I recall you said this:

Eww, no thanks. What they need to do is drop the whole doppelganger archetype altogether, It was a bad idea to begin with anyway.

That resulted in my idea being insulted by you. You suggested my idea was invalid so I countered back angrily. How would you feel if that happened to you? Oh yeah, that's right you, do know it feels from my counter, you just didn't learn from that did you?

I've read it before and I've already told you what I think of the idea. Nobody is insulting you, in fact, I can't but feel like I'M the one being insulted here; If you go back to page 3, you'll remember that you gave your opinion and then I shared mine with which you responded with blatant irrationality saying I have no idea what a real villain is and whatnot.

You made me act that way. The only reason I got like that and resorted to aggressive lecturing measures is because you, Ganonking, and Batman kept pressing me on and I felt nobody cared, so I decided let some rage out. Anyways, I'm done caving in to letting you people press me on, it's not working anymore than it has. You can keep trying to push and press me on but you're not getting anymore rage out of me than you've already got, I'm not that harsh.

Last edited:
That resulted in my idea being insulted by you. You suggested my idea was invalid so I countered back angrily. How would you feel if that happened to you? Oh yeah, that's right you, do know it feels from my counter, you just didn't learn from that did you?
I've said that many times, it had nothing to do with what you said, but that I'm sick of DLink. I think I know what your problem is; you're taking this whole thing too personally, you took my shunning of DLink as an insult, I assure you it was not like that.

You made me act that way. The only reason I got like that and resorted to aggressive lecturing measures is because you, Ganonking, and Batman kept pressing me on and I felt nobody cared, so I decided let some rage out. Anyways, I'm done caving in to letting you people press me on, it's not working anymore than it has. You can keep trying to push and press me on but you're not getting anymore rage out of me than you've already got, I'm not that harsh.
Again, nobody is doing that. I can't speak for Ganonking and Batman, but I'm trying to help you here; I'm telling you that you need to mind the way act or people will see you as the kid and not listen to what you say. And we didn't make you do it.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Guys, don't you see what you have done to Vita? You made him this way; all of you. Now he's going to leave with a BANG and you're all going to be in DEEP trouble. You should all be ashamed, nay, sick, of yourselves. Vita is the only rational voice in this thread. He has argued calmly and respectfully and the rest of you have done nothing but insult this gem of a member we call VitaTempusN92.

I'm done here. I had no idea ZD was so unfriendly to true Zelda fans.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Guys, don't you see what you have done to Vita? You made him this way; all of you. Now he's going to leave with a BANG and you're all going to be in DEEP trouble. You should all be ashamed, nay, sick, of yourselves. Vita is the only rational voice in this thread. He has argued calmly and respectfully and the rest of you have done nothing but insult this gem of a member we call VitaTempusN92.

I'm done here. I had no idea ZD was so unfriendly to true Zelda fans.

pls fongiv me

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I would really like to see Ganondorf again. His last incarnation is now 8 years old, so I think it would be about time that we saw him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom