• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Confession Thread *SERIOUS REPLIES*

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
^ i.....*sobs*

my family really doesn't mean a whole lot to me,sometimes i just feel like once i'm able to leave,i'd rather not visit them ever again
i don't know if this is that stereotypical teenage thoughts or how i genuinly feel,maybe i'll find out in about a year

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
My birthday is in 8 days. :cool:

This is not a confession. Stop "confessing" stuff that aren't confessions. I believe even a mod has said this.

Jamie

What would you know about it? That's actually my birthday, and it is a confession because none of you knew that. Now stop being stupid.

It's not a confession. There is a difference between a statement that people were unaware of and a confession.

Confession according to Merriem-webster:
the act of telling people something that makes you embarrassed, ashamed, etc.

According to oxford:
An acknowledgement that one has done something about which one is ashamed or embarrassed:

wikipedia:
A confession is a statement made by a person or a group of people acknowledging some personal fact that the person (or the group) would prefer to keep hidden.

You are embarrassed or ashamed about your birthday? No you aren't. Don't call me stupid, I never called you names.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It's not a confession. There is a difference between a statement that people were unaware of and a confession.

Confession according to Merriem-webster:
the act of telling people something that makes you embarrassed, ashamed, etc.

According to oxford:
An acknowledgement that one has done something about which one is ashamed or embarrassed:

wikipedia:
A confession is a statement made by a person or a group of people acknowledging some personal fact that the person (or the group) would prefer to keep hidden.

You are embarrassed or ashamed about your birthday? No you aren't. Don't call me stupid, I never called you names.

Of course not. But see? You pwned yourself.

wikipedia:

Now...anything else? :cool:

Jamie

Of course not. But see? You pwned yourself.

wikipedia:

Now...anything else? :cool:

Oh, you want to keep your birthday and the fact that you have a job or a car hidden? I highly doubt that. I certainly wouldn't call that a serious confession. Also, I did use wikipedia as a source myself, obviously, but wikipedia is not nearly as good of a source as merriem-webster and oxford, so it doesn't really supersede them. More like it just enforces them. If you aren't embarrassed or ashamed by your confession, it's not a confession. Stop it. You can't seriously say that your birthday is a serious confession. Don't be silly.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oh, you want to keep your birthday and the fact that you have a job or a car hidden? I highly doubt that. I certainly wouldn't call that a serious confession. Also, I did use wikipedia as a source myself, obviously, but wikipedia is not nearly as good of a source as merriem-webster and oxford, so it doesn't really supersede them. More like it just enforces them. If you aren't embarrassed or ashamed by your confession, it's not a confession. Stop it. You can't seriously say that your birthday is a serious confession. Don't be silly.

Maybe I did. The way the internet works, you never know who's wanting to know stuff about you. Believe it or not, bringing something to light that people weren't aware of is a confession. It goes something like this so you can understand: Alright, I confess, my birthday is in 10 days. Or, Yes, I confess, my car is actually the green one.

Jamie

Believe it or not, bringing something to light that people weren't aware of is a confession.

The two authorities on the english language (Oxford and merriem webster) beg to differ. You can't change the meaning of a word to fit your own purposes. Words have definitions for a reason.

Sorry, you are wrong. I have already proved you are wrong (well, more like, the dictionary proved you are wrong), and you are refusing to accept it because of your own ego. I'm done. Keep posting your false confessions.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The two authorities on the english language (Oxford and merriem webster) beg to differ. You can't change the meaning of a word to fit your own purposes. Words have definitions for a reason.

Sorry, you are wrong. I have already proved you are wrong (well, more like, the dictionary proved you are wrong), and you are refusing to accept it because of your own ego. I'm done. Keep posting your false confessions.

Oh, I am wrong? No, look what it says here, and this is good old google:

con·fes·sion

/kənˈfeSHən/

noun

noun: confession; plural noun: confessions; noun: confession of faith; plural noun: confessions of faith

a formal statement admitting that one is guilty of a crime.
"he signed a confession to the murders"

synonyms: admission, acknowledgment, profession; More
revelation, disclosure, divulgence, avowal;

guilty plea

"they soon got a confession out of him"

•an admission or acknowledgment that one has done something that one is ashamed or embarrassed about.
"by his own confession, he had strayed perilously close to alcoholism"

synonyms: admission, acknowledgment, profession; More
revelation, disclosure, divulgence, avowal;

guilty plea

"they soon got a confession out of him"

•a formal admission of one's sins with repentance and desire of absolution, especially privately to a priest as a religious duty.
"she still had not been to confession"

•humorous
intimate revelations about a person's private life or occupation.

a statement setting out essential religious doctrine.

•the religious body or church sharing a confession of faith.
noun: Confession

•a statement of one's principles.
"his words are a political confession of faith"

Now who's wrong again? :cool:

lol Pwned

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

Your revelations are far from intimate. Approximately 19 million people have the same birthday as you. Even if under some strange interpretation of confession, you could barely fit your "confessions" within the definition, they are still not "serious" confessions. Everyone else realizes this is true except for you, probably because you think it's funny or something.

This will truly be my last post on this matter, this has just gotten silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom