• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Announced!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Take BioShock Infinite for example. It runs flawlessly on a 360 made in 2005, but it glitches like **** on a PC built today. Why? Because the game was made for consoles. You can port it to a PC, but it will stay play like its console kin, perhaps worse.

I've never ran into glitches on PC BioShock Infinite, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I also know for a fact it doesn't run flawlessly on 360. There are numerous frame rate drops later on in the game because the hardware can't handle everything happening on screen.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So now we're comparing the XBox One to a PC?
I have Windows 7, and here's what I can do:
-Play Video games
-Have internet access
-Download Games
-Stream Live Television
-Browse internet
-etc.

Here's what the XBox One can do:
-Play Video games
-Have internet access
-Download games
-Stream Live Television
-Full body controls (I hate Kinect, though)
-Voice activated control (umm... really, Microsoft?)

So really, The Xbox One is just a PC in game console form. Ya... I think I will stick to PC

ok the only possible good thing i can think of about the mandatory install 1 disk per account is. well if someone steels the disk they cant use it. that the only possible positive thing i can think of for that, so they need to steel your Xbone to get your game, this leads me to another question. if hackers got a hold of the system could they deactivate/ take control your game?

Dan

So now we're comparing the XBox One to a PC?
I have Windows 7, and here's what I can do:
-Play Video games
-Have internet access
-Download Games
-Stream Live Television
-Browse internet
-etc.

Here's what the XBox One can do:
-Play Video games
-Have internet access
-Download games
-Stream Live Television
-Full body controls (I hate Kinect, though)
-Voice activated control (umm... really, Microsoft?)

So really, The Xbox One is just a PC in game console form. Ya... I think I will stick to PC

The PC can do both of those as well, remember people hacked the kinect to work with PC to do all sorts of thingsl Voice activation is nothing new either.
The Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Tablads, mobile phones, TVs themselves (anything running android) and soon more than likely our microwaves can do all that, I don't know why Microsoft are trying to sell the Xbox one as if it's the only device that can do all these elements, It's rather odd to me

Hero of time said:
PC gaming is overrated
Take BioShock Infinite for example. It runs flawlessly on a 360 made in 2005, but it glitches like **** on a PC built today. Why? Because the game was made for consoles. You can port it to a PC, but it will stay play like its console kin, perhaps worse.

Because it was badly ported I presume, The majority of PC games often aren't like this, but I agree there are some really horrendous port out there. I partially agree that we get some rather overexcited people, but I do feel personally the PC is better. It's not just better graphics and mods. (Mods btw are a huge factor for some games) It's a much safer system for indies to develop on, it's easily to customise, you can have any controller you desire too, use Xbox, PS3 if you want. ;p More processing power doesn't just mean better graphics remember, it also means you can have a lot more "events" going on etc.

I think PC gaming is great myself, and it depends on what you feel is overrated as I'm sure we all have our definitions. :P

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Tablads, mobile phones, TVs themselves (anything running android) and soon more than likely our microwaves can do all that, I don't know why Microsoft are trying to sell the Xbox one as if it's the only device that can do all these elements, It's rather odd to me

What gets me the most is why Microsoft bothers to develop a console like that in the first place. Since I have a PC, I would only buy the XBox One for gaming (if I wasn't a collector, that is). $900 for something I would never use seems like a waste of money to me since the PC is far superior to all of the items you listed. PC's can be used for damn near anything for decent price, while the XBox One has "revolutionary features" that I doubt many people would actually use, for practically twice as much as some good PC's. Which is why I don't understand what the purpose is to create a console that does all that when not as many people as anticipated are really going to buy it because of the high price, and the fact the PC's are so much more efficient. I guess for Microsoft, though, it doesn't matter too much since they are a prime PC developer themselves, but it's like what are they thinking? Meh, I don't think I'll ever understand video game developers :hmm:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
What gets me the most is why Microsoft bothers to develop a console like that in the first place. Since I have a PC, I would only buy the XBox One for gaming (if I wasn't a collector, that is). $900 for something I would never use seems like a waste of money to me since the PC is far superior to all of the items you listed. PC's can be used for damn near anything for decent price, while the XBox One has "revolutionary features" that I doubt many people would actually use, for practically twice as much as some good PC's. Which is why I don't understand what the purpose is to create a console that does all that when not as many people as anticipated are really going to buy it because of the high price, and the fact the PC's are so much more efficient. I guess for Microsoft, though, it doesn't matter too much since they are a prime PC developer themselves, but it's like what are they thinking? Meh, I don't think I'll ever understand video game developers :hmm:

You do know its not going to be $900 right? I mean, I get it, you're 16, and don't know how certain things like economics, or brand rivalries work, but you are joking about taking that $900 price tag seriously, right?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
You do know its not going to be $900 right? I mean, I get it, you're 16, and don't know how certain things like economics, or brand rivalries work, but you are joking about taking that $900 price tag seriously, right?

I am fully aware that it won't cost $900, that was a typo.

My mistake, sorry

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
How doyou know how much it'll cost? PS3 cost $600 at launch after all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm I have a question regarding the Flop...Xbox One.

Because it's license-based, does that mean we need to have discs to play our games? If we do, that's pretty much asinine.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Hmm I have a question regarding the Flop...Xbox One.

Because it's license-based, does that mean we need to have discs to play our games? If we do, that's pretty much asinine.
You buy the game it comes with a disc, and you install it to your system.
I assume there will be downloads possible as well. But after you install it, you can't install from that disc again with out paying again. Unless its specifically to your xbox live account again.

You won't need the disc in the system to play the game, because the game ID is account bound.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You won't need the disc in the system to play the game, because the game ID is account bound.

If that's the case...then damn. This whole used game curb is both BS and going to flop on itself; so pirates have to pay some small fee to pirate? Not a big deal when they're still saving a greater portion of the $60USD they'd have to shell out otherwise.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
If that's the case...then damn. This whole used game curb is both BS and going to flop on itself; so pirates have to pay some small fee to pirate? Not a big deal when they're still saving a greater portion of the $60USD they'd have to shell out otherwise.

No, real consumers get screwed, and pirates still bypass everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom