• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Would You Like More Romance in Future Titles of The Legend of Zelda?

Do you want more romance in the LoZ franchise between Link and Zelda?

• Yes, it's about time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, leave it undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know it may seem a little strange for a guy to be asking this, but I have always wondered how the majority feel on this issue. In SS, we did get a little bit more of character development between Link and Zelda's relationship, but it was still left pretty ambiguous (IMO).

So if Yes, to what extent would you want? A kiss? A hug? Etc....

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Depends...if it grows like in TP and ST, then that's awesome. But if it's just....there...like it or not...like SS, then I don't care for it.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I prefer ambiguity. The romance between Zelda and Link could take away from the fun and not-so-serious story. It would make these games too story driven and ruin the simple fun of each character.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I prefer ambiguity. The romance between Zelda and Link could take away from the fun and not-so-serious story. It would make these games too story driven and ruin the simple fun of each character.

Zelda had a pretty obvious crush on Link in Skyward Sword, and it's pretty obvious they both like each other by the end of the game... and the story never lost any of its charm.

Would I like to see more romance in Zelda? No.

I thought it was decently handled in Twilight Princess but Nintendo threw Ilia out of the story early on. Skyward Sword felt like a cliché teenage love drama.

If Nintendo reintroduced a romance nuance in a future installment, I'd prefer if it was between Link and a female character other than Zelda.

Clank

Hmm
Why not make it dependent on the dialog choices?, like is SS, but in a fashion that would change how they viewed each other...

Why not make it dependent on the dialog choices?, like is SS, but in a fashion that would change how they viewed each other...

Sounds like you're thinking along the lines of Mass Effect xD.

Depends...if it grows like in TP and ST, then that's awesome. But if it's just....there...like it or not...like SS, then I don't care for it.

What is the romance like in TP? Please no spoilers.

Last edited:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
No! But let me settle down here. While us guys stereotypically don't like romance, I admit that I won't reject something simply because it has romance in it. Shoot, I love Gone With the Wind and think True Tears and Toradora are two of the best animes I've ever seen. I don't think Zelda should be void of romance, I just don't think it needs more in it. The romance in TP and ST were fine and actually made me feel more connected to the characters. But there felt like a bit of an overdose in it in SS. So much so that the important things, you know... like rescuing Hyrule, took a backseat to Link and Zelda's relationship. Everything... EVERYTHING in SS was mainly about getting Zelda back together with Link and I... just... couldn't get into that as well as I would've liked. Maybe if I was expecting a romance story and not an adventure, I'd be more content.

I have no qualms against romance in Zelda games, but we don't need more than what we have. I don't mind some flirtation, a kissing scene, or maybe even parts of the quests dedicating themselves to reuniting loved ones, but I don't want to divulge from the plot so much that I feel its no longer important and that the loving quest is the main focus of the story.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I said Yes. Romance was seen in SS, but only to a certain degree. They didn't do anything special, like hug, or anything else. I think it should be something like TP, where Link has a 'friend' at the beginning who he doesn't see for a long time, and then they hug or something when they reunited. I'm sure they would've in TP if
Ilia didn't lose her memory.
So far, the closest thing we've had to physical romance was the ending of AOL, and we don't even know what Link and Zelda did behind that curtain ;)

Maybe we could have something like Ocarina of Time, where 4 out of 7 sages, plus a ranch girl, had a crush on him:cool:

I think it'd be absolutely fine to have more romance in a Zelda particularly if the characters were old enough for it to mean something. but then there is the fanbase which would all scream for adults and go '2lewd4me'. the idea of romance in Zelda is what people think they want but most people in the Zelda community have a warped idea of what romance actually is. As soon as Link and Zelda start having an actual relationship be prepared for some massive *****ing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There hasn't actually been any romance bar the couple of kiss scenes spread throughout the series...so yes. Give us more kiss scenes! SS was such a tease by end-game, please do us good next time, Nintendo! :I

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I honestly would like more, but not too much. Also, if they added more, I think that my brother would be disappointed XD

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
My answer is NO. What I don't want is more romance between Zelda and Link, because that's what we've been having all along the games until now (with very few exceptions), despite actually seeing very little of it. It's cool if there were some romance, preferably between Link and some other character, mainly because having a loved one in danger is a powerful motivator, and adds a lot of emotion to the story itself (otherwise one might end up asking why must Link save the day, other than just being chosen by the goddesses).

And if there is to be more romance (or just as much as there is now), I'd like more explicit scenes, not just the usual meaningfully stares and shy silences which make me shout at the screen "Go on and kiss him, you fool!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom