• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Where Did Navi Go and Why?

After beating OoT, I was infuriated when Navi just left like she didn't even care. But then I remembered that when Link met up with Zelda, she had no clue who he was. So, perhaps, when Link went back to the current time, no one remembered him? Of course, he did, but no one else...? So maybe Navi didn't remember him either...? So, maybe she had no clue what she was doing in the Temple of Time, so, she just flew out the window (sorry for the run-on sentence)....?
Do you like my theory? And if you think it's ridiculous, any other thoughts about why Navi left? Thanks for reading! :):):):):)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't think this theory works because Navi time travels with Link, which means that there is no reason for her to lose her memory. As to what I think, I think that since Link's quest was over and since Link wasn't a Kokiri anyways, Navi left him.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Navi's whole purpose was guiding Link on his quest, with the quest accomplished, she had no reason to stay with him (Sad)

Navi's whole purpose was guiding Link on his quest, with the quest accomplished, she had no reason to stay with him (Sad)

That makes sense, but, wouldn't Navi have said anything to him?

I don't think this theory works because Navi time travels with Link, which means that there is no reason for her to lose her memory.

But Zelda time traveled with him too. And she couldn't remember him.

I think Navi left cause her purpose was done, but its really hard to determine why she left in the first place.

Navi left because Link isn't a Kokiri, he's Hylian. Only Kokiri have fairies. The only reason she came to him in the first place is because the Deku Tree told her to go to the boy without a fairy. She was only there to assist the hero of time on his journey, she served that purpose and likely just moved on.

izi

Not A Wizard
I think Navi was kind of a "coming of age" gift for Link. He was ready to start his adventure, he earned his right to the companion that would accompany him (Navi). Link went on his quest, and proved he could make an impact. At this point, Link and Navi no longer needed each other. While still friends, they were seperated.
On another, related note: the Kokiri vanish after a certain time/age, essentially their death. Where do their faries go? Deep into the Lost Woods to accompany the lost Skull Kids, where Link traveled to find her? This would explain why Tatl and Tael were with Skull Kid in MM, and why Navi left. Just some thoughts though.

Zelda didn't time travel during Ocarina of Time. She aged naturally during the 7 years Link was in the Chamber of Sages and then she sent Link back at the end, not returning herself. The Zelda Link meets at the end has never seen him before.

I meant at the end. When she played the Song of Time to go back to the present.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Zelda didn't time travel during Ocarina of Time. She aged naturally during the 7 years Link was in the Chamber of Sages and then she sent Link back at the end, not returning herself. The Zelda Link meets at the end has never seen him before.
Zelda didn't go back with him. She just sent Link back in time. She stayed on the Adult Timeline. The Zelda that Link returns to doesn't remember him because at that point in time, she hadn't met him yet.

This is what I wanted to say in response also. Thanks for backing me up, guys!

vengenz

Sheikah Warrior
After beating OoT, I was infuriated when Navi just left like she didn't even care. But then I remembered that when Link met up with Zelda, she had no clue who he was. So, perhaps, when Link went back to the current time, no one remembered him? Of course, he did, but no one else...? So maybe Navi didn't remember him either...? So, maybe she had no clue what she was doing in the Temple of Time, so, she just flew out the window (sorry for the run-on sentence)....?
Do you like my theory? And if you think it's ridiculous, any other thoughts about why Navi left? Thanks for reading! :):):):):)

Everyone wants to know the answer to this!! (It's one of the top things I want to know as well) Unfortunately there is nothing with actual "proof" that tells players what's up with that. It's so sad and tragic, but makes the game amazing... in my opinion anyway. Hopefully she is back in a future Zelda game.

**It is a confirmed fact by Miyamoto that Link was looking for her himself in the lost woods in the beginning of Majora's Mask.

Here's what I think: I almost felt like she died. From the first time I beat Ocarina, (way younger) it was a really depressing scene and I kinda felt like it was a "passing over" or "on to the next life" kind of exit for Navi. Sort of like the way characters from the Lord of the Rings trilogy take a boat to pass on. It's more or less like leaving for heaven. What I never got was the way Majora's Mask opened the curiosity back up and gave us hope that she was still alive by opening the game with Link searching for her.

I was in such a bad mood after beating it because I still had no closure. Even after all of the hinting. In fact I was completely blinded during the first quarter of the game (to how great MM was) because in the back of my head I was like, "Where's Navi, where the hell am I, where's my horse, and when can I go home!?"

My Navi Depature Theory

Well, in Phantom Hourglass we have ciela. Ciela lost her memory and bears an uncanny resemblance to Navi. And this is in the adult timeline, maybe Navi somehow flew out the window and accidently went into the adult timeline, explaining his disappearance and lost her memory and washed ashore Mercay Island?

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Well, in Phantom Hourglass we have ciela. Ciela lost her memory and bears an uncanny resemblance to Navi. And this is in the adult timeline, maybe Navi somehow flew out the window and accidently went into the adult timeline, explaining his disappearance and lost her memory and washed ashore Mercay Island?

31367713.jpg

vengenz

Sheikah Warrior

That's impossible for her to have gone forward through time again. It would require Link to take the Master Sword again. She can't just jump timelines.
I still stick with what I posted above ^ although, its very sad to think. But with Navi there really isn't any way to theorize more than from where could she have gone after heading out the window. Its no fact that she may have been in the lost woods in the first place even if Link was looking for her there in the beginning of MM, but there isn't much to go from there to guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom