• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Favorite Sage?

G

garato

Who was your favorite sage?

Rauru- Rauru is a very mysterious person, and you don't see him as often as the other sages. It is possible he was on of the original sages who sealed the triforce away. When Link encountered Ganondorf, after Ganondorf had stolen the triforce, Rauru sealed Link the Sacred Realm, knowing Link was not ready to use the Master Sword. He always remained hidden, even when the other sages were awakened. Rumor has it, that after Link defeated Ganondorf, Rauru had ended his life as the Sage of Light.

Saria- Saria is a close childhood friend of Link's, and is a native kokiri. Her age is unknown, for the kokiri live eternally. When the Great Deku Tree passed on, and Link started his adventure, she gave him a Fairy Ocarina, and also taught him the melody,"Saria's Song." Whenever he played that song, he could speak with Saria, for help on his mission. Seven years later, Saria sensed strange happenings at the Forest Temple. When she went to investigate, she was held captive by Ganondorf's minions. Link defeated Phantom Ganon, and revealed Saria as the Forest Sage.

Darunia- Darunia is the leader of the Gorons of Goron City. Him and Link become close friends after he hands over the precious Goron's Ruby to him, he even names his son after the Hero of Time. When the Gorons are captured and taken to the Fire Temple, Darunia attempts to rescue them, and slay the dragon Volvagia. Darunia sadly fails, but Link is able to save the day using the Goron sacred weapon, the Megaton Hammer. For the hardships Darunia had to endure, he becomes the Sage of Fire.

Ruto (adult) - Ruto has matured greatly into a sensible, beautiful Zora. When Zora's Domain is frozen over, she is trapped in the Ice Cavern, but later saved by Sheik. When Link goes to the Ice Cavern, Sheik informs Link that Ruto is going to the Water Temple to try and save Zora's Domain. Link travels to the Water Temple, and finds out she has been captured. When Ruto is saved by Link, she awakens as the Water Sage. She realizes Link won't be marrying her, and marries another Zora.

Impa- Impa is the loyal protector of Princess Zelda, and one of the most respected sheikah of Hyrule. She serves Zelda with her life, even when she is off-duty. When Ganondorf attacked Hyrule, Impa helped Zelda escape, and they handed the Ocarina of Time to Link. Impa taught Zelda the ways of the sheikah, so she could hide herself from Ganondorf as "Sheik." When Link travels to the Shadow Temple, and defeats Bongo Bongo, Impa reveals herself as the Shadow Sage.

Nabooru- The 2nd in command of the Gerudo Tribe, Nabooru hated Ganondorf, and swore she would not work under such an evil being. With the Silver Gauntlets, Nabooru planned to defeat Ganondorf, as it would give her the needed strength. She allowed Young Link to crawl through the hole in the Spirit Temple to retrieve them, as she was too large. Koume and Kotake heard of her plans, and captured her. As the merged Twinrova, they were defeated by Link, and Nabooru was released as the Spirit Sage.

PS- I did not write this information. for more characters and to see the place i got it from go to http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05Characters.php

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
My favorite Sage would have to be Ruto. She had a nice personality and evolved from a brat back in Jabu-Jabu's belly to a very capable adult. She has shown herself to become a nice person and is my choice for Link's love interest. Plus she is very.... "favorable." *wink.*

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think I like Saria, because she was the most unassuming. Plus being Link's friend added an extra aspect. There's was always this feeling that no one from the Kokiri Village would get anywhere in the grander scheme of things, but then Link managed to escape there. Of course, he turned out to be Hylian, but I found it nice to see that Saria also managed to make something of herself and be a part of the big picture (even if it was her destiny, and not by her choice as if it was a job she applied for...)

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I like Nabooru. To me, she came across as a person who doesn't like to wait around forever. Instead of thinking on what might happen, she decided to take action against ganondorf.

Even though people may call her a theif or maybe one of the anti-heroes in this story... I find her to be a courageous individual. (geez I sure hope I used this term in the right wayo_O) Aside from Midna and maybe Princess Zelda, she's one of the few females in this series that can "hold her own" during a fight.

R

Renan

I'm gonna say Rauru, he had that whole father figure thing going on for Link.

My favourite is Darunia, I think that the Gorons are the coolest race out of all the races in Hyrule. Also it is pretty cool how he makes you his Brother and it is also cool when you find out he has called his Son after you

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I would vote for Darunia or Nabooru. Darunia is a courageous "man" and also quite fun and passionate, he´s an interesting character in many ways. Nabooru is a sage that I also like very much, to sad she was not a "bigger" part of the game, she´s really something ;)

Hmm, I've changed my mind many times on this subject. But currently, I'd have to say Ruto. Her character provided some comical moments both in the past and future, and I thought the whole "take this stone and you have to marry me" thing was a great addition to OoT's little story. Put in the fact that the Zora's are just plain awesome, and Ruto has to be my favorite.

R

RazTwilight

I like Nabooru. To me, she came across as a person who doesn't like to wait around forever. Instead of thinking on what might happen, she decided to take action against ganondorf.

Even though people may call her a theif or maybe one of the anti-heroes in this story... I find her to be a courageous individual. (geez I sure hope I used this term in the right wayo_O) Aside from Midna and maybe Princess Zelda, she's one of the few females in this series that can "hold her own" during a fight.

That's exactly my thoughts, but Telma certainly isn't one to mess with either.
But anyway, the reasons stated by Lady_Yuna is why Nabooru is my favorite, plus with the little part where she gets kidnapped and brainwashed into an Iron Knuckle is a nice bit of story.

Impa, I cannot really give awesome reasons to like her, I just do. She always seemed to understand perfectly what was going on, and would act on her own. Taking Zelda to prevent Ganondorf to get to her. After that, going to their village to investigate on her own.

S

Super Goombario

My favorite sage was Rauru, he was very cooperative :P

Although I must express my hatred for the very non-canon Twiligt Princess sages.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
HAS TO BE DARUNIA! he looks so cool with all his tatoos and the fact he is so massive. i also love the fact he tries to take on the dragon. and when he dances, other that the kind zora bum shift. this was the most hilarious part of the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom