• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Favorite Sage?

D

Dirty Link

Probably Zelda then Nabooru. She seems like somone one fun to hang out with cause shes not uptight or anything

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
For me, it is a tie between two.

Saria - I love her because she is adorable. She is sweet and innocent - a true spirit of the forest, and, of course, you meet her early on as Link's best friend. While Mido bullied him, Saria stuck by him. She was so glad to see him get his fairy and was so sad when he left the forest... She's just a sweetie and just the kind of person I would have liked for a friend as a kid, heck, I'd even like her for a friend as an adult.

Impa - I like her because she is a strong person with an abundance of honor. She is a classic guardian, focused upon her charge and I love such characters (I use them extensively in my original fantasy writing). She has someone she's devoted to (Zelda) and for whom she'd give her life. Impa is Supernanny. I also favor her Temple/Sage alignment, "Shadow." Shadows are dark and myserious - something I've always favored. My online handle is a derivative of the word "shadow."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My favorite sage was Rauru, he was very cooperative :P

Although I must express my hatred for the very non-canon Twiligt Princess sages.

Why are they "non-canon" I must ask? They're in a canon game, therefore they are canon. Now, I'll agree that they're as weird as all get-out and not cool like the OoT or WW Sages, but if they're a part of a canonical game, they are canonical, end of story. They probably are not the same people as the OoT sages because of Timeline weirdness or maybe Sages taking retirment/dying/moving on to the heavens.

If I called things I didn't like in the Zelda game "non-canon" at whim, well... Tingle would be non-canon. But I don't do that. Just because you do not *like* a game or an aspect of an official-made-by-Nintendo Zelda game doesn't mean that it is non-canon.

Sorry, I'm sort of a stickler for this kind of stuff - being a fan fiction writer and dealing with other fan fiction writers who have been prone to call things "canon" or "non-canon" at personal whim and confuse newcomers to the different fandoms I've been in.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
My favorite sage in OoT was Saria, the Sage of Forest. Partly because my favorite color is green, partly because the Forest Temple was my favorite dungeon in OoT, and partly because Saria was one of my favorite characters overall in OoT.

Saria also makes you your first ocarina, and I always thought that was special. In fact I was a little dissapointed that I had to use the Ocarina of Time later on instead of the one Saira gives you.

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
I've never been fond of Ruto because she is crazy. xD But I do love Nabooru, too, Lonely_Moon. Well said. She is indeed cool. ^.^ I also love Saria because she's been with Link since he was a kid.

Its a tie between Ruto and Nabooru.
One of the reasons is because i love anything water and desert related.

Reason i like Ruto is because she is kind of funny and also tells you not tp worry about Zelda and that she is fine and well.
I also like how she tells you that the spiritual stone its like an engagement ring between both of you.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why i like Nabooru is because of how she looks with what she wears.
That she does not like Ganon.
And thefact she is just a girl but commands a lot of respect amongst the Gerdo.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I like Daruina, I love his dance, the way he talks, the way he pushes Link from that cliff. His a goron and gorons are such lovely creatures.

C

cobemon

saria. she was the cutest of them all. she has the most contact with link with sarias song, and shes the first human(oid) you meet.

Darunia for sure. He is one of my favorite characters period. I love the Gorons and I found him to be a character who had both humorous moments like after you beat Dodongo's Cavern and very serious moments. It was a good balance and I thought it was really cool when he named his son after Link. I was a little sad when he became sage because that meant you couldn't talk to him anymore.
Big Brother!

You get to know Saria the most during the game, so I guess her. She seems the most good-natured and innocent of the Sages. Plus as a child I kinda had a crush on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom