• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Doctor Who Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I mean i said that for one reason, we have nothing to go on. No deaths. If we have nothing to go off of, why haze a person for no valid reason unless its a random vote. Random voting seems a better option then just trying to pick someone that is probably not scum in the end because its so early in the game. I just dont see the point in voting for anyone with no support or evidence or any logical reason to vote for that person so early on.

Granted this game is all about taking shots in the dark. But if nothing viable is apparent, then it's everyone else's place to draw up a feasible source. I'm doing the same thing here by arguing that random voting is not the correct course to take, and if anything it's a two-faced act. The Mafia could easily use that to their advantage by throwing out an arbitrary name and letting everyone else jump on the victim with lynch votes.

EBWODP
The chances of getting scum without random voting is slim as well, the same chances. i see no difference.

No. They are clearly not the same chances, as I point out here already. Town outnumbers the Mafia almost 4 to 1 in this situation.

All this logic, to me, is insufficient and denotes the scummiest reasoning so far. As such...

Vote: TheMasterSword

/nothingpersonal

Okay! Something is fishy around here......something is not right......

1- Timeless is not here.
2- Monkey is being excited for this mafia and voting Axle without a reason.
3- Axle was being saved by a nameless person.
(all of the above seems kinda stupid.)

I really want to know who saved Axle and why is Timeless not here.Timeless is kinda suspicious.....my gut says so.

I'm suspicious because I don't post for a little while?
I don't like just hurling myself out into the discussion. I wait for points I agree with.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Not sure about Axle. He can be night-kill proof or saved by a doctor, but there's nothing more to go on. To clear things up, what monkey is saying is that he voted for Axle as a gut suspicion.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Ok, first of all, i am voting for Axle because it seems suspicious that he might be night kill proof. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Are you serious monkey? He isn't night kill proof, someone here is obviously the doctor. This doctor probably decided to go with people who are likely to be targeted by the mafia. So thats why he didn't get killed! Monkey this is the worst reasoning by far to vote for someone, thus I must do this.
Vote: MonkeyFightsSquadAlso Thareous, I see what you mean. But the chances are still very close. No hard feelings tho brotha!

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Are you serious monkey? He isn't night kill proof, someone here is obviously the doctor. This doctor probably decided to go with people who are likely to be targeted by the mafia. So thats why he didn't get killed! Monkey this is the worst reasoning by far to vote for someone, thus I must do this.
Vote: MonkeyFightsSquadAlso Thareous, I see what you mean. But the chances are still very close. No hard feelings tho brotha!

I was voting for the reason that Ninten* said. I am going with my gut.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Actually "going with your gut" is good.

Timeless, do you remember our last mafia game? Durion moded and both you and I were on the townie side (though we were at odds). I was a jack of all trades with one shot protect, investigate, kill, and role block. I had a gut feeling about both Zenox and David on the mafia side but rather than trust them I thought logically and opted to not use my abilities for the first three nights. That was a mistake that basically cost us the game.

All this being said I understand what Monkey is getting at, even though I don't trust his gut myself. But I think he does have a point with stating it's his gut. We really have nothing to go off of but that's the point.

Unvote: monkeyfightsquad

FoS: _VioLink_ (I don't have enough to go off of but I'm getting my own vibes from your posts)

Actually "going with your gut" is good.

Timeless, do you remember our last mafia game? Durion moded and both you and I were on the townie side (though we were at odds). I was a jack of all trades with one shot protect, investigate, kill, and role block. I had a gut feeling about both Zenox and David on the mafia side but rather than trust them I thought logically and opted to not use my abilities for the first three nights. That was a mistake that basically cost us the game.

All this being said I understand what Monkey is getting at, even though I don't trust his gut myself. But I think he does have a point with stating it's his gut. We really have nothing to go off of but that's the point.

Unvote: monkeyfightsquad

FoS: _VioLink_ (I don't have enough to go off of but I'm getting my own vibes from your posts)

That may be true: I'm sorry I overlooked that, but I notice one huge thing: we're all townies, or in mafia's case pretending to be, right? So let's assume for the moment Axle is nightkill proof. Why would he try to lynch him? To get rid of a good player. If Axle isn't nightkill proof, theres still the fact that he thinks Axle is fishy just because his gut says so. Whether he's right or wrong, he still should have a better reason to convict Axle.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
That may be true: I'm sorry I overlooked that, but I notice one huge thing: we're all townies, or in mafia's case pretending to be, right? So let's assume for the moment Axle is nightkill proof. Why would he try to lynch him? To get rid of a good player. If Axle isn't nightkill proof, theres still the fact that he thinks Axle is fishy just because his gut says so. Whether he's right or wrong, he still should have a better reason to convict Axle.

I suppose that makes the same amount of sense. But I'm gonna wait this one out at this point. Unless something else pops up. For now I'm still watching _VioLink_. She's my gut suspect but I have even less on her than Monkey has on Axle.

I doubt Axle is night-kill proof. I think the doctor (role) either made a lucky guess, which is not likely, but possible, or someone figured he might be attacked. There isn't much conclusive evidence here to prove him of anything but it's definitely weird that his name was announced for the night event.

I have a much more productive idea though. David did say this game would be very different. It might be possible to guess a role by reviewing Doctor Who lore and hypothesizing based on in game events written by David. Just a thought about how to deal with the game in general.

This doesn't sit well with me.

What do you mean we should do a random vote? Where would that get us? With 18 players in all, I'd say there are 4 to 5 scumbags in all. That's the usual amount of enemies in any Mafia game with that number; if the count's higher, then the opponents are more, and if lower, then it's less. So that leaves us with 13 to 14 Townies, which might or might not remain the same if we voted correctly. Except odds are that we'll lose a Townie by doing that, especially when the competition is still early.

Now I'd like to know why you think a Random Voting Stage should be in order. Prompting something like that without good reason present only suspicion to me. But again, odds show that you are likelier Town. So I'm interested in a response to the above.

Hey, hey hey, calm down. Don't get your panties all tangled.

If my memory of Mafia is correct (which it is very old and unused), RVS is basically what we do every first day of every Mafia game. And considering we got almost nothing from the previous night, we're basically starting over the first day, since no one died and almost nothing happened during the night. Therefore, an RVS would be perfectly acceptable, amirite?

Now, I don't think he was truly calling for that, I just think he was being an idiot.

I see. It seems as if he was saved by a doctor. If there is a vigilante in this game, he must have not decided to kill anyone. a smart move, I must say. I'm not really surprised they attacked Axle, to say the least. Yet, in the end we just wasted our time, might as well do a random vote.

Anyway, I strongly believe that Axle is one of two things: the Doctor, or non night-killable. I highly doubt that a doctor-like role protected him. Normally I would flat out vote for him and go with the whole third party or Godfather thing, but if he is truly the Doctor and can regenerate, we'd be pretty much ****ed as a town.

I'll be busy for most of today and probably won't be able to contribute much until tomorrow, but let me just say... jesus I'm glad I'm alive. o_0

For the record the fact that my name was announced means nothing regarding whether I was protected or nightkill immune, because I've honestly never seen a mod do that before, and in both cases most mods would not announce the name, so clearly David's doing something different. I wonder if this game is going to be unusual in general. Stay on your toes.

I think we need to stop getting so hung up on Axle being a good player. It means nothing. If he's town, great, we have a good person on our side; if not, we should kill him as soon as possible. For the moment, we don't know, and I'm not sure where his loyalties might lie. I don't particularly see anything suspicious from anyone else, but that will probably change soon.

To be frank, I'd rather No Lynch again rather than risk the odds and possibly kill a townie.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
To be frank, I'd rather No Lynch again rather than risk the odds and possibly kill a townie.

Everyday we get a No Lynch, the Mafia will keep killing us off one by one.

We have almost nothing from yesterday. There is nothing wrong with Random Voting. RVS's are used to start things up. If Person A RvS's Person B, and Person B acts extremley defensive, then there's a good chance that Person B is scum.

Everyday we get a No Lynch, the Mafia will keep killing us off one by one.

We have almost nothing from yesterday. There is nothing wrong with Random Voting. RVS's are used to start things up. If Person A RvS's Person B, and Person B acts extremley defensive, then there's a good chance that Person B is scum.

Yes, but, what I'm pointing out is, we were okay with it yesterday when we had no evidence, and we're not okay with it today when we have no evidence. That statement obviously does not hold true seeing as the mafia supposedly killed no one last night (it could have been the vigilante or a third party that attacked him). By all means, find mafia as best you can, but if and when we get to the point that we have no suspicions, someone's going to have to die to get things rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom