• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ghirahim Not Looking Quite So Fabulous in New Artwork

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A new artwork released of Ghirahim shows him not looking his best. As you can see some strange black lines are on his body and face and his arms are completely black below the elbow. What do you guys think this could mean? It reminds me of posessed zelda from TP and the twili's markings.
Ghirahim.jpg

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Hmm, maybe he does become the anti-master sword. Kinda like he slowly becomes part of the evil master, while Fi slowly becomes part of the Master Sword.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
That's what Ghirahim looks like without his cape on. I like him better with his cape on. When he doesn't have it on he looks...... Kind of........ Bare.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
That's what Ghirahim looks like without his cape on. I like him better with his cape on. When he doesn't have it on he looks...... Kind of........ Bare.

We already know this, he's refering to the shiny black cracks and lines all over his arms, chest, legs, and face.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
We already know this, he's refering to the shiny black cracks and lines all over his arms, chest, legs, and face.

Ah, now I see. It was kind of hard to see until I actually clicked on the picture to enlarge it. Well, well, it does look as if Ghirahim is a bit under the weather. This could be because Link just gave him a good beating, or that his is slowly turning into the "Dark Master Sword". Personally I like to believe the second theory, his appearance DOES resemble Fi a bit and the "Dark Master Sword" shown in the recently released official art! I can't wait to witness the story behind this mysterious character!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't really know what to say to this. This is one of those things where I'm just gonna have to wait and see without any predictions. Of course, unless it's a one-two fight with Ghirahim and then his master and this is Ghirahim getting some sort of power. Maybe that rumor about Ghirahim only reviving his master for selfish purposes was true.

Last edited:
i think that he is merging with the imprisoned to be the new guy from artwork. hell, that spoilers of him trying to take his masters power might be true after all

IllehNylund

Mr. Hermelin
I don't really like the theory that Ghirahim turns into the dark Master Sword. It's not that it's a bad theory actually I think that it's a really good theory but Ghirahim is my favorite Zelda villain design. It's just the way he is, creepy but cool and ofcourse FABULOUS!!(ok i had to do that =D) But for me if Ghirahim would turn into the "Anti-Master Sword" it would just feel like it did feel for me when Zant was just a whiney guy with no powers at all untill Ganon comes and gives him powers.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I don't really like the theory that Ghirahim turns into the dark Master Sword. ...for me if Ghirahim would turn into the "Anti-Master Sword" it would just feel like it did feel for me when Zant was just a whiney guy with no powers at all untill Ganon comes and gives him powers.

Exactly. I don't think Nintendo would make that kind of mistake. It would cause the guy who's been paying Link visits throughout the entire game (literally) be just a tool of the final boss. Fans hated that with Zant. How much more would it be if this were to happen to such a fan-favorite character that we've only seen?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Of course, unless it's a one-two fight with Ghirahim and then his master and this is Ghirahim getting some sort of power. Maybe that rumor about Ghirahim only reviving his master for selfish purposes was true.
To me it does not look like he is gaining power. It looks like he is being taken over or something. If you have ever seen iron man 2 where Tony stark is being poisoned from the palladium reactor in his chest, Ghirahim's condition looks like that.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
To me it does not look like he is gaining power. It looks like he is being taken over or something. If you have ever seen iron man 2 where Tony stark is being poisoned from the palladium reactor in his chest, Ghirahim's condition looks like that.

He also seems to be enjoying it. If I were being taken over, I wouldn't be too happy about it. Just look at Cole in Spirit Tracks when Malladus took over him.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He also seems to be enjoying it. If I were being taken over, I wouldn't be too happy about it. Just look at Cole in Spirit Tracks when Malladus took over him.

He's an arrogant chap though. Perhaps he is enjoying the fact that he is going to capture zelda or something and obtain more power and save himself, he probably is in denial about the severity of his problem anyway.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I agree that they shouldn't make Ghirahim another Zant, but, actually, I would be perfectly fine with him becoming the Anti-Master Sword. To not actually be just a pawn, but an actual tool of the main villain, technically, you're also fighting Ghirahim in the final fight. However, there's also something to take into account if those rumors are true: Ghirahim simply wants to absorb his master's power. If that is true, than the transformation could (possibly) be unwilling, but, we'll just have to wait and see.

in my opinion, there's absolutely no way that Link could do that much damage-even in the second fight, Ghirahim toys with him, and he never actually takes damage from the fights. So I think there are two major possiblities-

1. Ghirahim slowly takes on evil powers from the imprisoned, but he fails to kill Link with them. Then the imprisoned shows up-either Ghirahim gets taken and forced into the anti-master sword, or Ghirahim tries to overthrow his master, but gets screwed over.

2. Ghirahim obtains powers to resurrect his master, then when his master falls, Ghirahim absorbs his powers and uses them for himself, so it becomes the final battle-a fusion of Ghirahim and his master.

I'm inclined to go with the first theory, as Ghirahim really does look like the anti-master sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom