• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Heights of Ganondorf and Link?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What height do you think Ganondorf and link are? I imagine adult link is bigger than 5ft1 as that is mario's height and link is always shown to be larger than Mario in any game they are in together. My guess would be about 5ft5-5ft7. As for Ganondorf He has to be around 8ft as he is nearly twice the height of link in ocarina of time and twilight princess.
ganonlink.jpg

LINKand Ganon height.jpg
I thought I might as well add this since I was playing with the character models from SSBB

Last edited:

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Link is probably 5ft8 or something; a normal man size. Ganondorf is maybe 8 to 10 feet, and Ganon is just HUGE!!!

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I'm pretty sure Ganondorf isn't 8 feet. He looks to be more like 6'8'', or something. In other words, probably a foot taller than Link. Now Ganon is probably about 10'.

I find Link to be somewhere from 5'6" to 5'9", Ganondorf somewhere from 6'8" to 7'1" and I'd say Ganon probably 25'. 10' is way too short.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm pretty sure Ganondorf isn't 8 feet. He looks to be more like 6'8'', or something. In other words, probably a foot taller than Link.

To me he looks allot more than a foot bigger than link, in OOT he just looks massive to me. In Twilight princess he does not seem as big probably about 7ft something

ganondorf.jpg

That's because he is flying near the camera.. wait a second.. I finished this game several times but never asked this.. Why is ganondorf FLYING?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I imagine because it's more fun than walking. Would you opt to walk if you could fly around? I know I certainly would choose to be flying. On to the subject of height again, he's links height even on one knee when he gets shot and falls down, and his torso is bent right forward that would take a few feet off his actual height so he's still massive.
gdorf1knee.jpg

This is all going by OOT:
I think Link (adult, of course) would be about the height of an average person (around 5' 10"-ish), perhaps a teeny bit taller. Ganondorf definetly a tall figure, but not abnormally tall, just tall enough for him to look down on you and look intimidating (about 7'). Ganon on the other hand: massive. No questions about it. At least 10-15'

Link is about 6 heads tall, Ganondorf is about 7 like most characters.
I'll say Link is 5'4" and Ganon is about 6 heads.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
In OoT, the best shot with both of them would be this one:

GanonLink.jpg

They're pretty much the same distance from the camera view, so there's no deception due to their distances from the vantage point. I went ahead and edited a picture to put them next to one another (forgive the crappy editing, I just used Paint):

LinkGanonCloseUp.jpg

Lastly, I added lines to mark their heights. Ganondorf's slightly hunched over, so I estimated where the top of his head would be with correct posture:

LinkGanonMeasure.jpg

Basically it looks like Ganondorf is a little less than twice Link's height. I've imagined Link to be about 5'6 due to his agility and acrobatics. Therefore, considering he appears to be about 5/8 the height of Ganondorf, he (Ganondorf) would be around 8'9 ish.

So I say Link - 5'6 and Ganondorf - 8'9.

And yeah I had some free time, lol.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In OoT, the best shot with both of them would be this one:

View attachment 14223

They're the same distance from the camera angle, so there's no deception due to their distances from the vantage point. I went ahead and edited a picture to put them next to one another (forgive the crappy editing, I just used Paint):

View attachment 14224

Lastly, I went ahead and added lines to mark their heights. Ganondorf's slightly hunched over, so I estimated where the top of his head would be with correct posture:

View attachment 14225

So basically it looks like Ganondorf is a little less than twice Link's height. I've imagined Link to be about 5'6 due to his agility and acrobatics. Therefore, considering he appears to be about 5/8 the height of Ganondorf, he would be around 8'9 ish.

So I say Link - 5'6 and Ganondorf - 8'9.

And yeah I had some free time, lol.

Those pictures are highly misleading. Link looks way shorter than he usually does in the picture, as he's in much less of a lighting (namely his boots). Link's knees are also bent in the photo.

based on official art Link is a lot shorter than Ganondorf

Charac-Ganondorf2.jpg

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Those pictures are highly misleading. Link looks way shorter than he usually does in the picture, as he's in much less of a lighting (namely his boots). Link's knees are also bent in the photo.

I took his hard to see boots into consideration with the lines. That said, I found a brighter video and got a picture of them:

Untitled.jpg

Being able to see Link's boots a lot more clearly and factoring in both Link and Ganondorf's heights if standing up straight, he's more like 3/4 the height which would make them 5'6 and 7'4 (going by the guess of Link being 5'6).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom