• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 4: Majora's Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBWOP
Cuz I feel this be necessary:
Pocket Asian said:
Perhaps there is another party, but the mafia roleblocker, if there is one, got to them. Or maybe they just didn't send in their nightkill choice
Correction: Perhaps there is another form of 3rd party, but the mafia roleblocker, if there is one, got to them. Or maybe they just didn't send in their nightkill choice

EBWOP
Cuz I feel this be necessary:

Correction: Perhaps there is another form of 3rd party, but the mafia roleblocker, if there is one, got to them. Or maybe they just didn't send in their nightkill choice

I was thinking there is no way that the mafia would miss their nightkill vote, but Viral did say the night won't last more than 48 hours, and it's been almost exactly 48 hours, so it's definitely a possibility. Maybe the Godfather is an inactive?

I was thinking there is no way that the mafia would miss their nightkill vote, but Viral did say the night won't last more than 48 hours, and it's been almost exactly 48 hours, so it's definitely a possibility. Maybe the Godfather is an inactive?
Same here. Though I highly doubt the godfather to be an inactive, we still have to take in all the possibilities. If they missed their nightkill due to inactivity, then that could help us out a lot if it continues.

There's also the possibilty, as I said in my first post of this day period, that there could be a townie role that allows for one to avoid nightkills.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
So... an inactive player, some one who posts little and stays out of the discussion turns out to be mafia. That what it looks like to me and Jo anyway. I think it's safe to assume Gyorg is, and I guess other boss characters will be as well... Also perhaps this can give us a little clue as to how many mafia we are dealing with?

I would like to say that with this fact in mind, please new players and inactives make yourself more known and participate more.

The Godfather may have been role-blocked... not just missed the deadline, that could account for the missing nightkill. Is it even possible they chose not too?

EBWOP: Sorry, there is the possibility of a Doctor too, and double or triple nightkill...

Kybyrian

I'm loving how Viral made the nightkill... puts off so many possibilities. In the past we've just had some nightkill where it was pretty obvious as to who killed who... but now we've got, what, 3 or 4 different possibilities(going off of what Keyshe said)? It doesn't open up too much of an opportunity, though.

Funny thing about Zelda's_Child, though. After she quickly switched her vote to linksbro321, I automatically suspected her of being scum. Turns out my feeling was right.

This is the only thing of significance that I've grabbed so far. Could possibility hint towards Pocket himself being a vig/sk -type role.

Kybyrian said:
Pocket Asian said:
Funny thing about Zelda's_Child, though. After she quickly switched her vote to linksbro321, I automatically suspected her of being scum. Turns out my feeling was right.
This is the only thing of significance that I've grabbed so far. Could possibility hint towards Pocket himself being a vig/sk -type role.
I guess we'll just have to find out through discussion in this day period and others to come ;)

The Godfather may have been role-blocked... not just missed the deadline, that could account for the missing nightkill. Is it even possible they chose not too?

Although the Godfather may be immune to such roles. If I am recalling a memory correctly, in the very first mafia game the mafia killed a mafia. I think it was due to them believing a certain player was incompetent. While I haven't seen enough of Zelda's Child to think that she would be, perhaps that could have been a mafia thought process.

We know its HIGHLY likely a 3rd party (with a nightkill ability) is at work... Inactivity or additional night abilities were also at work, determining what exactly was the cause of only one death (and a mafioso death at that) is going to be our challenge during this day.

I highly suspect Axle to be scum. He is cunning, he is tricky, he is just witty enough to go undetected as a mafia member (much like the infamous MK9) Given past habits and games. It wouldn't at all surprise me if he was guilty of being scum.

I know on day one I was highly suspicious of both him and Sasuke. I will take my notes and see who poses the greater risk. I have that sinking feeling both are foe.

green goron

Best of the Gorons

I don't think the godfather can be blocked since he couldn't in previous games. The godfather being inactive though is definitely a possibility. Maybe the doctor got lucky

If I am recalling a memory correctly, in the very first mafia game the mafia killed a mafia. I think it was due to them believing a certain player was incompetent.

I was a mafia on the very first mafia game and I don't remember that. If it's the case here, that's good for us.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I would like to say that with this fact in mind, please new players and inactives make yourself more known and participate more.

Yeah, I agree. I haven't really been posting but I will much more but others need to aswell because there is almost nothing to base a vote on at the moment.

I was a mafia on the very first mafia game and I don't remember that. If it's the case here, that's good for us.

Sorry i meant to say in my first mafia game. I had alot of non-game related thoughts going through my head last night, and am sorry for not articulating my thoughts correctly. Big difference in meaning.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
As I've understood he can be blocked, and always could, the mafia send in their votes to the Godfather/mother but if he gets roleblocked he can't send them in to the game mod, it's pointless to block a normal mafia, since there are more then one to get a vote out. But I know he has a anti-nightkill and anti-cop abilities, we have to confirm with Viral on this I guess...

EBWOP:
Sorry i meant to say in my first mafia game. I had alot of non-game related thoughts going through my head last night, and am sorry for not articulating my thoughts correctly. Big difference in meaning.
Lol brain-fart, I figured you meant as much. Funny, I had been wondering if it was possible they could kill one of their fellow maifa. I wonder maybe they think (or did) that the element of the unknown was a good tactic, and held back the nightkill?

I am wondering... the townies don't know what roles we have, what if the mafia don't know who is on their team either?, but they still send in their nightkills, but to the mod who gives them to the Godfather?

Kybyrian

I am wondering... the townies don't know what roles we have, what if the mafia don't know who is on their team either?, but they still send in their nightkills, but to the mod who gives them to the Godfather?

A quick glance at the rules in this thread says otherwise. They still state that the night period is the time for the "mafia to congregate", implying they still know who each other are and can have discussion.

As I've understood he can be blocked, and always could, the mafia send in their votes to the Godfather/mother but if he gets roleblocked he can't send them in to the game mod, it's pointless to block a normal mafia, since there are more then one to get a vote out. But I know he has a anti-nightkill and anti-cop abilities, we have to confirm with Viral on this I guess...
In austin's game (where I was godmother) I know I was immune from all night abilities, I do think VM allows the Godfather to be blocked but I'm not sure... Either way, now would be a good time for some people who know what went on last night to speak up.

Lol brain-fart, I figured you meant as much. Funny, I had been wondering if it was possible they could kill one of their fellow maifa. I wonder maybe they think (or did) that the element of the unknown was a good tactic, and held back the nightkill?

They could.. I mean majority lynch's generally. Atleast thats how I worked with my mafia... But who's to say teh godfather isnt running their own agenda... There in theory could be 2 votes for me, 1 vote for you, and the godfather decides to kill Axle and 'godmods' his night ability. I personally chose not to go against my mafia, because I didnt want to me Atsuma'd and have one of them rat me out.

They could.. I mean majority lynch's generally. Atleast thats how I worked with my mafia... But who's to say teh godfather isnt running their own agenda... There in theory could be 2 votes for me, 1 vote for you, and the godfather decides to kill Axle and 'godmods' his night ability. I personally chose not to go against my mafia, because I didnt want to me Atsuma'd and have one of them rat me out.
See, the thing about Atsuma is that he wasn't a very wise player at all. Because of his aggression towards his accusers, we saw him as an incompetent, and voted to get him killed. He was dangerous to his fellow mafiosos and we didn't need him slipping up on identities.

I think we should be discussing things more right now. This hasn't been a very active day so far.
I would like to get Kazumi in here. I don't know if he's just lurking or completely forgot about mafia, probably the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom