• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Will Be Your Option if You Die?

figthersword

Hylian Coward
Guys here's the very sad and creepy question i've ever created. when you will be die what will be your last decision or favor will be done into your earthly body?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Honestly, I don't care what happens to my body after I die. After all, I won't be using it anymore. I'll let my relatives decide that, and go with whatever comforts them the most. They're the ones who are going to suffer if they don't feel my body was properly taken care of.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
i was trying to create some poll survey but i don't know why i cant create. Anyway for me after i die i would like to donate my private parts like my cornea of heart before i get buried in in soil. In that way i help the other even i'm past away, And i've created a good deed for the last time.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. I'm getting a new body during the second coming, after all ;)

I guess I should be an organ donor, though I haven't declared it yet. Not like I'll be needing my organs--they might as well go to good use! (That is, assuming they're still in functioning order when that time comes. The family history isn't looking too good.)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I don't actually care what happens to my body after I die. I'm not currently an organ donor, but I might consider giving my brain to science for analysis or I may donate my organs such as my heart and kidneys.

Truthfully, no-one should have to care about what happens to their body. It either gets burnt, put in the ground, thrown into the ocean, salvaged for parts, ground up into food (Just kidding. :P) or some other odd thing.

After you die, your body has no real significance anymore other than to state your existence on the planet, but this statement will surely fade after a while.

The sad fact is, everyone forgets eventually.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Quite frankly, I don't care what happens after I die. Like what Ark said, everyone forgets eventually, your body rots away with time. In the grand scheme of things we are all just dots smaller than a grain of sand. We are born, we die, and it has no effect on anything besides peoples feelings, which will fade over the years. Of course, donating organs is the best thing, but if it was that important it would be mandatory after death.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I'd like to donate my organs to science or other people or whatever, and the rest be buried in the ground, no coffin so that I can decompose naturally and fertilize some plants or something. I'm helping the most people that way I suppose.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I die they are allowed to put me in the trash :D Quick, easy and cheap :P Nah just kidding. I don't care what happens to my body. I mean I won't notice it anyway because I'm not there anymore. Maybe they can use my head and remove my eyes and add some flash lights for decoration at a dancing or something :P

I really could care any less about it. I'm not a donor yet but consider it and maybe they can use my brains for research.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Aslong as my grave (if I'm buried) isn't dug up by grave robbers and my body then used for acts of necrophilia, then I'm happy. I don't really think about it much though, death is still so far away... hopefully.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Man... I feel kinda selfish now, after all these selfless/easy-going answers XD

But I have this thing, where I do NOT want to be buried- after cremation or not. Graveyards terrified me as a child... just the whole idea of hundreds of corpses rotten in the ground beneath my feet was... urgh. I'd got it in my head that something would grab me if I walked to near to the graves, or they'd collapse in if I walked over them and fall and get trapped inside. As stupid as that sounds now, there's still something I really don't like about them. So graves... no, just no.
I mean, it feels kind of selfish as well, since the graves actually take up a fair amount of space- and what good does that do you if you're dead? Shouldn't the living be the ones using the land... they still need it, after all. Of course, a patch of land in the middle of a graveyard isn't really much use to anyone, and one person not being buried hardly makes a difference, but still. Besides, I don't want to become part of the thing that scar[r]ed me as a child.

So I definitely want to be cremated... and then just scattered to the wind somewhere. I'm not really fussed where, off a hill or something. I'd probably end up donating some organs or something before that happened- you might as well do, after all. But... I don't want a grave of any form. You should be remembered for the things you do in life, for the effect you have on other people's lives, for the love you give and the things you do... not because your name's written on some stone in an overgrown corner of some graveyard, as though in sometimes a selfish hope you might be able to claw your way into being remembered just that little longer, when really, you probably won't be. Ah well, that's how I see it anyway... of course, no offence meant to anyone who would want to be buried :3

Austin

Austin
I don't really mind. I guess I'd prefer to be buried, but cremation isn't all that bad. So long as no one pulls a Big Lebowski when they release the ashes to the wind. I'd probably consider organ donation once I become old enough to make the decision for myself, but it makes me feel oddly uncomfortable to know that pieces of my body would be separated. There isn't a rational basis behind that which is why I'll probably do it anyway, but I still feel uneasy.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Just FYI, this thread was originally in Mature Discussion, but was moved. Neither I nor the other mod who's posted here is entirely sure if it's suited to GD, since some more in-depth topics might be brought up, but we'll see what happens. For now, it's not quite dangerous enough to be in the Mature Discussion.

As for my answer, I would probably be an organ donor unless my family felt otherwise, and I would have them do as they wish with my body. I assume it would be a traditional funeral. I don't much care what happens with my body when I die.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
You know what? I think about this stuff entirely too much. I paint animal bones and currently, I live across the street from a graveyard. I take walks in it, sometimes at night.

I believe I have myself listed as an organ donor. I really want that done with me - unless, of course, they can't. The medication I take regularly might interfere with it. I haven't donated blood in years just because my medication is touchy with my blood. It probably affects my kidneys pretty hard, but I don't know if it would affect my heart - that might still be viable.

I've been to an art/anatomy exhibit that I thought was really cool... ever hear of a man named Gunter Von Haggens and his touring Body Worlds exhibits? Got to see that at the Franklin Institute a few years ago and it was facinating. The man and his team take donated bodies, dissect them, and perserve the remains in plasticicising process. He does artistic things to them, but mostly, they serve to showcase human anatomy to educate the public. I was starry-eyed facinated touring the exhibit while my fiance' was feeling a mite ill. *Laughs.* I took some sketches, too (you have to sign a waiver for that, by the way - a "do not display anywhere!" waiver... so I cannot show them to you. Sketches by artists are allowed for personal reference and seeing/studying all that flayed musculature has been helpful to me art-wise). I've thought that something like this would be something I wouldn't mind as a post-mortem option if I were allowed to donate organs first. I think Von Haggens likes his corpses intact, though, unfortunately.

Also, it would be distressing to my family, I'm afraid, and I'd rather my family/friends do whatever with me that will bring them the most comfort.

I have expressed things like "I want a full body burial because then, I could come back as a zombie," and I've expressed wanting a vulture carved upon my tombstone. -- a simple walk through my local cemetary shows me that so many tombstones have such... namby-pamby things on them. Doves. Flowers. Kittens. I'd rather be honest about the nature of death and inclusive of creatures in nature that represent it - vulture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom