• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
#squad goals

@Storm can you tell us anything else about your threshold or getting killed? Like can you confirm you die if you get jailed and what is the threshold?
#winning

I'm in a weird head space right now sorry for what I'm doing

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
Man I really do feel like I'm continuously learning nothing

This Town Core is good. Do not kill.

HHH
Rubik
Caps
Doc
Stability
Tu Madre
Freddeh
Dragon
Silver

Like... it's so good. I'm super confident it's at most 1 wrong.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Maybe the Rhino?
I'm starting to wonder if it's a reference to Bullseye, but I could be completely off base since he is usually always a Dardevil villian. He does work with Kingpin at points though.

Whether Zinger is willing to pull from other comicbooks in a game about Spiderman character origins, though, I'm not sure on. Kingpin is an exception because although he become more of a Daredevil villian, he was originally a Spiderman one.

So you could be right that it could be an indirect way to bring up Rhino along with the russia context clues. Rhino in the comics though is never a crimelord, but on this game maybe Kingpin would probably want him as a brute force hitman or something.

Also want to add, I think China is referencing Mr. Negative now that I'm mulling it over a bit more. It makes more sense because he merges a bunch of Chinese crime groups.

So for sake of ease for everyone, here's a list of potential crime lords in the game:

Confirmed:
  • Kingpin (posted in thread revealing himself)
  • Hammerhead (confirmed via current stock market listing)
Most likely in the game by deduction, and clues in Kingpin's post:
  • Big Man (likely currently employed by the Daily Bugle)
  • Silvermane
  • Kraven and Chameleon (you can't have a Spiderman origin story without the Kravinoffs, also makes sense with all the Russia references)
  • Rhino (was a former member of the Russian mob)
  • Mr. Negative (Chinese crime lord)
  • Lobo Cartel
Potentially in the game by clues in Kingpin's post, but ones I'm less certain on:
  • Bullseye (could be the bull reference if it isn't meant to be a Rhino reference. Bullseye is an assassin that has worked for Kingpin in the comics, but he is always a Daredevil adversary)

Why would Vro having a "unique role" mean that he is more likely to be hostile aligned?

I didn't say that they were more likely to be hostile. I think they are more likely to be self-aligned or one of the other unique alignments, and that we will learn more from attempting to arrest Vro by getting their character name (if it succeeds).

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm starting to wonder if it's a reference to Bullseye, but I could be completely off base since he is usually always a Dardevil villian. He does work with Kingpin at points though.

Whether Zinger is willing to pull from other comicbooks in a game about Spiderman character origins, though, I'm not sure on. Kingpin is an exception because although he become more of a Daredevil villian, he was originally a Spiderman one.

So you could be right that it could be an indirect way to bring up Rhino along with the russia context clues. Rhino in the comics though is never a crimelord, but on this game maybe Kingpin would probably want him as a brute force hitman or something.

Also want to add, I think China is referencing Mr. Negative now that I'm mulling it over a bit more. It makes more sense because he merges a bunch of Chinese crime groups.

So for sake of ease for everyone, here's a list of potential crime lords in the game:

Confirmed:
  • Kingpin (posted in thread revealing himself)
  • Hammerhead (confirmed via current stock market listing)
Most likely in the game by deduction, and clues in Kingpin's post:
  • Big Man (likely currently employed by the Daily Bugle)
  • Silvermane
  • Kraven and Chameleon (you can't have a Spiderman origin story without the Kravinoffs, also makes sense with all the Russia references)
  • Rhino (was a former member of the Russian mob)
  • Mr. Negative (Chinese crime lord)
  • Lobo Cartel
Potentially in the game by clues in Kingpin's post, but ones I'm less certain on:
  • Bullseye (could be the bull reference if it isn't meant to be a Rhino reference. Bullseye is an assassin that has worked for Kingpin in the comics, but he is always a Daredevil adversary)

In case you missed it, zinger basically verified that the kingpin of crime account refers to the title, not the character, and so its not certain that the person posting from the kingpin account is william fisk. In the opening post one of the pages depicts the crime master giving a rally with the text edited to refer to him as "kingpin", which is probably meant to reinforce the idea that the kingpin here refers to a title and not an individual.

Based on your proposed multiple mafias setup it seems possible that the different groups could be fighting for control of the title.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
also as some people have said, trusting what kingpin says in thread isn't a great idea. I think its feasible he's genuinely trying to communicate with people, but its also feasible he's just trying to confuse town.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
In case you missed it, zinger basically verified that the kingpin of crime account refers to the title, not the character, and so its not certain that the person posting from the kingpin account is william fisk. In the opening post one of the pages depicts the crime master giving a rally with the text edited to refer to him as "kingpin", which is probably meant to reinforce the idea that the kingpin here refers to a title and not an individual.

Based on your proposed multiple mafias setup it seems possible that the different groups could be fighting for control of the title.
Ah, regardless I still think William Fisk is likely in the game, and you are probably right that there could be some kind of grapple for the title of "Kingpin"

As for whether to take info from the Kingpin account with a grain of salt, probably true, but I also don't see the harm of analyzing it when so far it feels like it had clues in it. At least analyzing it could maybe help us get an idea of what to expect, and if the info is embelished, well, I'd rather expect there are multiple split factions/players, or that there eventually could be, over disregarding and being surprised later.

Going off of the whole scum debate of Kingpin, I think it's plausible that like SMM3 we're starting out with a handful of scum, a handful of town, and a handful of designated 3p people and the majority of players have the possibility to swing either way. Based on spider man lore, there's probably a good amount of villain potential in the making. The real question is how many of those villains to be are willing or able to not turn evil and instead fight for a town, even if their powers are likely to be far less cool. (Again based on how some of the spiders last game got nerfed upon achieving motivation).

I think I will Vote: lain. Now, I know I said earlier that it's near all but confirmed that lain is Stromm, and I didn't want to arrest lain after fae was just bailed out of jail - but, lain also said the thing that was the pingiest to me out of all of my ISOs:

so which is it? will you go to prison or die?

if storm has a low threshold, voting them would imprison or kill them which is good for town if they're sus. if they don't have a low threshold, we'd catch them in a lie. seems like either way it would prob be good for town even if just a few people vote? I think it's safer than voting a random lurker at least.
This suggestion feels like it's putting the cart before the horse, like lain is trying to take advantage of Storm's claimed low threshold - especially given Storm was already under more pressure at that point. Fae says that it's good for town regardless of whether Storm is telling the truth or not but fail to consider the very possible explanation that Storm is simply telling the truth completely and a dead town player is, uh, not good for town??

Also it's ironic that lain is trying to do this all just to get info on Storm when it's probably better info-wise to arrest fae over Storm to confirm that fae has no hostile motivations against the mech confirmed town Norman Osborn, regardless of what fae claims about the matter.

I'm not super sold on this but I don't really expect to be - as others have said, I agree with the idea that players are just trying to get their feet wet, get motivations/wincons, and not a lot of stuff is going to be AI this first day - but that doesn't mean I'm not going to vote on something that pings me.

Now, I had typed up a big post of my ISO results for all the people i didn't look at super closely in my role PM but it was way too big and considering Neon seems to be the only one who's read my original reads post, I'm not gonna post that big ass thing. It's all saved in my notes. But I will save you all the time by saying that I think Silver is a town lean, Aaarrrgh is origin-aligned atm, and Skystone pings a bit but less than lain. Everyone else is null or NAI and could go either way.

oh dammit you're right. Still baffling to me.

---

e: I have to go for now, I'll be back later. In the interest of having a vote down:

Vote: Captan_Lunch

short ISO, seems generically scummy in term of being mostly filler posts. I'm not remotely caught up though and will gladly sheep someone who has more of a handle on the game than I do.
Is there any reason why you went for Lunch specifically and not one of the other filler posters, like Killjoy for example?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom