• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

And for those who don't look in the Discord... ( :confused: )

Everyone, please read this...

When it comes to asking me rules questions, it's a good habit to follow that if ever you have a question about an obviously public piece of rules information or special game mechanics (like, say, the Stock Exchange, for example), then Ctrl+f is your best friend. Go to the front page of the game thread, and hit ctrl+f to search for the term "Stock Exchange" (or whatever you want to learn more about). You'll instantly navigate to the right area and probably see I already answered your question in exhaustive detail.

And the same can even be done with questions about your Roles. Just open all the tabs/spoiler blocks and hit ctrl+f to instantly find whatever you're looking for more info about.

Then, after reading whatever you need to about the subject you wanted to look up, please, if you still have any additional lingering questions, absolutely feel free to bug me with them. I really won't mind in that case. I don't want to discourage you from asking me questions; I want to cultivate the idea that I am approachable and happy to answer questions--cuz I am!

I'd just prefer not to be treated like I'm a personal search engine when I already provided y'all with a painstakingly and exhaustively crafted detailed game "Wikipedia" page that can be easily navigated instantly to appropriate sections for easy referencing with ctrl+f.

Thank you in advance for doing this.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
No I meant coincidental similarity to your posting style. You captilize some things every now and then.

Kingpin is capitilizing stuff intentionally because it's important info so the fact that Kingpin captalized some stuff doesn't really mean you are 100% Kingpin. That's my whole point.

Not saying you can't be Kingpin, I'm just saying the assumption that it is you seems to hinge on a coincidental thing.

I'm interested to see updated reasoning for people trying to get you arrested. Do people currently voting Storm really still think the way Kingpin posts has to indicate it's Storm? @Rubik you started this, do you still stand by it?
I will probably leave my vote here, but I don't have that strong of feelings about it.

I think Vro being disallowed from the science exhibition is further proof of a unique role, so I will keep my vote in place for now as well.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Do people currently voting Storm really still think the way Kingpin posts has to indicate it's Storm?
part of it is the way kingpin posted (though i didn't notice the capitals thing initially), and the other part of it is the way storm reacted to being posted

with that said storm used an ability on me that makes me pretty sure he's not kingpin. I'm 90% sure he's max dillon based on the flavour of his ability, which makes arresting him redundant. Its also consistent with his character breadcrumbing.

Unvote

I do think we should still arrest someone though, but I'm not really sure who. I might hold it and then vote for whoever appears to be leading a wagon as deadline draws nearer, although it seems like we might not hit threshhold today.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
part of it is the way kingpin posted (though i didn't notice the capitals thing initially), and the other part of it is the way storm reacted to being posted

with that said storm used an ability on me that makes me pretty sure he's not kingpin. I'm 90% sure he's max dillon based on the flavour of his ability, which makes arresting him redundant. Its also consistent with his character breadcrumbing.

Unvote

I do think we should still arrest someone though, but I'm not really sure who. I might hold it and then vote for whoever appears to be leading a wagon as deadline draws nearer, although it seems like we might not hit threshhold today.
Ahhh, so he's potentially gonna be Electro, maybe

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I am here strictly for business. Business that concerns the few instead of the many. My message, which isn't a truce, was intended for a select few. They know who they are.

If they don't know who they are, then that will need to be remedied fast like a diamond hammer used by a lucky Russian on a BIG ol' piece of Silver.

I do not breadcrumb. I do not need to. I am as subtle as as a Bull in a Chinese antique shop or a man named Lobo on horse back galloping through Moscow with a gorgeous mane of hair on his head.

Anyway, a meeting shall be held in one day. We will collectively discuss the best course forward. Like I said much earlier, we are stronger together. Not apart. You would do well to heed my words.

if we're thinking the capitalized words are clues and we're meant to ignore the lowercase one, then hammer is a misdirection and joe hammerhead isn't mafia? or at least isn't being looked for.

Russian, Big, Silver, Bull, Chinese, Lobo, and Moscow are the capitalized words.

Russian could be one of the russian characters
Big could be the big man
Silver could be silvermane
Lobo could refer to the lobos gang SMS was talking about, who i am unfamiliar with
and moscow could be the same character as russian

hammer does feel like a clue though, so it might be that the words are just capitalized randomly as a quirk of the writer. I also do that sometimes, and i don't imagine me and storm are the only ones, though it does make me hesitate to not vote him now, maybe its worth it to arrest him to be sure.

in the comics max dillon becomes electro as the result of an accident at work, and so canonically arresting him shouldn't impact his alignment, although i can understand the desire to play it safe here, when ther'es potentially also relatively little to gain.

Russian, Chinese, Lobo, and Moscow should be capitalized there though no? Also BIG is all caps for emphasis so wouldn't really be random either. Which just leaves bull and silver.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
hammer does feel like a clue though, so it might be that the words are just capitalized randomly as a quirk of the writer. I also do that sometimes, and i don't imagine me and storm are the only ones, though it does make me hesitate to not vote him now, maybe its worth it to arrest him to be sure.
It probably is but why it wasn't capatilized, idk it can just be chalked up to writing error, or maybe you are right about it being a quirk of the writer.

Bull is capitilized too but I can't think of any character off the top of my head who fits that.

Russian, Chinese, Lobo, and Moscow should be capitalized there though no? Also BIG is all caps for emphasis so wouldn't really be random either. Which just leaves bull and silver.
That's also true, I was mainly talking more about the other words. But even the locations are important because they point to groups or characters from them. The russian theme is in so many kingpin posts it isn't coincidence, and I'd guess China isn't brought up randomly either.

Man-Bull is part of the death squad according to the wiki but generally just reads as a low level threat that most of the New York heroes encounter.

Ragnarokio

tevish has been back for a while and i've noticed him reading but he hasn't said anything

i wonder if he's silenced

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom