• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Unless I've missed a post, of those in the Active Player Pool I believe Minish, Skystone, Doc, dragonteacup, and Darkstar have yet to participate in the thread. o.o

Edit:
Mint Elv, Aaarrrgh, and Hello World are otherwise occupied mechanically, of course.

I've seen posts from half of those players, Rag. :pp

Edit 2: Though neosilk is MIA is general it seems, this is true.
I forgot lain!! v-v My mistake, lain, forgive me.

I think Neon's a little too publicly trigger-happy, at least in terms of vendetta, but given her reasons/excuse likely stems entirely from the last game I'm not going to hold that against her right now.

I think Ex isn't bad right now but I'm terrible at reading players so take that with a salt shaker on hand.

Just caught up, was about to get to writing a big post but I'll chat first. Has anyone caught your attention at all? If you have no scum reads, is there anyone you like for town?
To answer this question for myself, because I'm kinda bored, I'm not town-reading anyone. Out of the 9 alignments said to be in this game, Origin-Aligned is insinuated to be the most populated as of game start. While some players may become town, they may also become something else, and I don't think truly accurate readings can be made at this time, or maybe even ever.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
certainly a game with this many mechanics and alignments favors solving over traditional reading but we can still begin by operating on the assumption that most of us will have the town's interest in mind (plus perhaps some personal interests) and some of us will not, and that it will be better for us to expose and remove those that do not. Reading players with the intent of gaining information about the setup (ie: what different players appear to care about) could end up being as important as reading players with the intent of gaining information about their alignment, especially in a situation where beyond the existence of a mafia that probably isn't the biggest threat to town, we don't really have a basis with which to read people's alignment yet.

Alright then, let's try that. o.o
What do each of you care about in this game? You can be as vague, specific, or standoffish as you like, but the owl requires a response!! :pp

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
broadly speaking, eliminating the threats to town

also getting an OOT chat with spiderman

Ragnarokio

too much fishing is possibly a bad thing though, as teivsh warned about earlier information that might seem pro-town to share could end up having very much the opposite effect. I've certainly probably been oversharing about myself, but thats my nature

Ragnarokio

That seems like it could be achieved in a lot of ways potentially, at least.
i imagine it could reasonably happen eventually sheerly by coincidence given the nature of these sorts of games

too much fishing is possibly a bad thing though, as teivsh warned about earlier information that might seem pro-town to share could end up having very much the opposite effect. I've certainly probably been oversharing about myself, but thats my nature
If people want to lie, they're allowed to. I'm not going to hold that against them. Neither will I comment if they choose to ignore my question all-together. In that sense, I think me asking this question isn't really fishing, especially since I expect the answer will change for almost every player, eventually. I think that if you want to proceed with trying to read players through that method, directly asking them is the best approach.

To answer this question for myself, because I'm kinda bored, I'm not town-reading anyone. Out of the 9 alignments said to be in this game, Origin-Aligned is insinuated to be the most populated as of game start. While some players may become town, they may also become something else, and I don't think truly accurate readings can be made at this time, or maybe even ever.
Okay, that's a really good answer actually. Was suspicious that you were making posts to look town without producing productive content but I like the explanation and find it to be genuine. (or maybe you're origin aligned yourself! but in such a case I have no reason to want to imprison you. You don't have to respond to this parenthetical. In fact, you shouldn't)

I do think the presence of origin-aligned players and multiple unknown alignments likely complicates things, but rather than throw myself into the face of despair I'm going to pretend this is a regular town vs mafia and play that way because otherwise I wouldn't know what to do and I'd get bored. The trickier thing for me is mainly going to be not relyng on past days for analysis because a player's win condition might have changed since then. but it's certainly worth keeping in mind I suppose.

Ragnarokio

If spider-man contacts the paper asking to meet with you, it might be possible to arrange, but he might be wary at the moment.

per my understanding, he doesn't exist at the moment.

Okay, that's a really good answer actually. Was suspicious that you were making posts to look town without producing productive content but I like the explanation and find it to be genuine. (or maybe you're origin aligned yourself! but in such a case I have no reason to want to imprison you. You don't have to respond to this parenthetical. In fact, you shouldn't)

I do think the presence of origin-aligned players and multiple unknown alignments likely complicates things, but rather than throw myself into the face of despair I'm going to pretend this is a regular town vs mafia and play that way because otherwise I wouldn't know what to do and I'd get bored. The trickier thing for me is mainly going to be not relyng on past days for analysis because a player's win condition might have changed since then. but it's certainly worth keeping in mind I suppose.

the last sane man in an insane world

Alright then, let's try that. o.o
What do each of you care about in this game? You can be as vague, specific, or standoffish as you like, but the owl requires a response!! :pp
Money.

and eliminating threats to the town, I guess. The whole annoying "winning" thing and all. :P

But I could stand to make money and I don't care who knows it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom