• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
There are 9 pages for me to catch up on later today as I was busy last night after work. I'll get to them soon. To answer the direct question towards me though, it will help mechanically for people to answer.

I'm from the south, so it has to be sweet iced tea.
This is clearly why people were so readily willing to accept the notion we were the same person that time I pre-game claimed I was you. But also I'm a bfb at times too so I found this really nice pumpkin tea that was discounted last winter and cinnamon is good too for those cold winter nights that don't exist for me anymore.

I've seen you play. You're not going to do anything productive with that.
KoD is non tea drinking scum confirmed.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
This is clearly why people were so readily willing to accept the notion we were the same person that time I pre-game claimed I was you. But also I'm a bfb at times too so I found this really nice pumpkin tea that was discounted last winter and cinnamon is good too for those cold winter nights that don't exist for me anymore.

Oh also this is lock town. You are clearly a tea conissoeur. Never rescind.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Mild scum lean. But I respect the dedication to the southern tea of choice.

This is discrimination!
Though I only like cold teas. I'm not much of a hot beverage person because my mouth is too sensitive. Lol.

I drank a crazy amount of Arizona Ginseng Green Tea for a while too.

I wonder how likely it would be for Rag to make cult the only threat in this game, and not have mafia at all? It's Rag, and it's Chaos Mafia, so I could see that being a thing. Though I guess if we got super lucky and lynched cult leader d1 that would be game over.

I feel like I have too many town leans and basically no good scum leans. Which is not great.

People I don't want to lynch today:
Ex
Caps
Numbers
DW

And to a lesser extent, maybe Libk and Cynical though those could change.

Which leaves me with:
a'lana
Captan_Lunch
KingofDominaria
Neon
Storm
Fext

Hmm, not a bad list I guess. But none of them are pinging me super hard. Fext may be the most suspicious just because I could see him being cult leader trying to downplay the cult and also make Ex (who is possibly uncultable) look sus.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
This is discrimination!
Though I only like cold teas. I'm not much of a hot beverage person because my mouth is too sensitive. Lol.

I drank a crazy amount of Arizona Ginseng Green Tea for a while too.

Oh God I don't want to be canceled I just got my good standing back. Min can be town. Don't cancel me. I don't discriminate against hot tea haters.

Still don't agree with them being townleans on those specific posts and I still don't understand why that specific post made Numbers town.
we can disagree on a'lana but i did clarify that the numbers townlean was based off a misinterpretation.

I. Do not understand what point Caps is trying to make with that last sentence. He makes it clear that he
my original point was that Fext had never said the same thing as a'lana wrt focusing on getting out scummy players, but then i noticed at the time he was voting Ex, who he had said was >rand scum or at least >rand hostile. so my point was kinda moot.

Since when do you hate meta? I've seen you use it openly on more than one occasion.
Again I do think getting other people to talk about their perspectives on the main talking point at the time is a good thing.
i mean i've used it, yeah, doesn't mean i like using it overall - also i think it's relatively fine to use earlygame but dislike its use more and more as the game goes on

I can change mine to something all white if you want.
nah it's fine, i'll just be careful

Are you asking how the logic of Ex going about his cult outing being different if he were scum holds knowing what I do about my role? Sorry, that's probably worded awkwardly and might not make sense. Lol. If that's what you're asking though, me knowing my role and how Ex would go about calling out a cult aren't really dependant on each other. I think there are multiple reasons town might know of the existence of a cult. Ex seems to possibly have a much more urgent need to get rid of the cult than I do. Though if they are hostile than getting rid of them early is always best. But the way he mentioned it seemed like he possibly has a role that knows why/how the cult is hostile.
My question is basically, how do you reason the fact that there is apparently, from your perspective, another town role that proves the existence of a cult? so you answered it. i suppose you'd be right, they're not necessarily dependent on each other because Ex has made it clear he requires the cult to die for one reason or another and your role, though confirming the cult exists, doesn't necessarily require that.

The more I think about Ex the more I'm like "yeah it's very possible that he's another third party"

Just so I'm on the same page as everyone:

- Putting forth the effort to focus strictly on one or the other (cult or mafia) is a waste. As someone else has stated, quite succinctly, it's a struggle just to lynch mafia on D1 so it'd be no different if strictly trying to focus on cult.

- Focusing strictly on lynching people who are scummy is fine. It means you're playing the game as you should.

- I'm still back on like page 10-ish, but in general it's completely possible Ex simply has extra information, as town or 3p, to help people stay ahead of the curve. I don't get the speculation towards him having to be 3p more so than town despite bringing the cult to everyone's attention (some people feel deathly afraid of cults so it's not unnatural to have that kind of reaction as Ex wanting to focus on finding cult).

@ JD:

I'm a confident person. Sometimes.
cool yes

these are definitely Things In A Post, looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the game KoD

my thought process evolving more towards Ex possibly being 3P is not because of his role itself, but the fact that he's presented it as "cult must die before all else" which could very much be the wincon of a 3p. yes, it is also a wincon of town, but a wincon that you would think would be obvious.

Why is KoD scum? I actually think he seems very different from how he was in the storm game where he immediately started hard tunneling people
just not really vibing with his intro so far, and that latest post from him didn't help. seems more cwac-y than what I would expect from KoD.

KoD seems to hard tunnel as both alignments, so idk if i would call that a tell.

I power read through. I feel like the narrative being spun by several people that Ex/Cin Min contains scum is being pushed by scum (as in someone among the rabble joining that cause is likely scum given the amount of times it has been mentioned). Easy to hide behind there, eh, Caps?

this kinda reads like a scumlean on me, what are you trying to insinuate here? I don't believe I've said that there's one scum amongst Ex and Min - i've considered it, and i've recently said that Ex might be 3P, but that was after you posted this. i would agree with minish that their roles aren't necessarily at odds with each other given Ex seems to be pushing a more specific narrative with regards to the cult, so it's possible they're both town.

Numbers did say that though, he said that Ex was absolutely uncultable scum and then refused to vote on it. did the same thing with me

your point on Ex drawing attention to himself is noted, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom