• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Rag's CHAOS MAFIA √−i by Ragnarokio (NOT BY STORM) [GAME THREAD]

a'lana

cotton candy
My thoughts are: either Ex's role makes him unconvertable town and he can't win as cult OR he knows the existence of a cult has negative side-effects

a'lana

cotton candy
I t
I hate everyone sorry.

While I do think Ex having ulterior motivations for wanting to kill the cult makes him more likely to be 3p, I don't think there's a particularly strong chance it makes him hostile? I think he's most likely a non-hostile 3p more likely than anything else-- maybe not entirely trustworthy, but certainly not worth focusing on lynching

...Do I just not know what this word means then? Because my understanding is that it's defined as "asking questions with the intent of gaining info about someone's role", which is to say, yeah that's literally the same thing as asking for elaboration on a soft claim.
think 'rolefishig: had more negative connotations and implies the person asking question being mafia rather than town wanting more clarity so I just prefer not to use that wording lmao

Just so I'm on the same page as everyone:

- Putting forth the effort to focus strictly on one or the other (cult or mafia) is a waste. As someone else has stated, quite succinctly, it's a struggle just to lynch mafia on D1 so it'd be no different if strictly trying to focus on cult.

- Focusing strictly on lynching people who are scummy is fine. It means you're playing the game as you should.

- I'm still back on like page 10-ish, but in general it's completely possible Ex simply has extra information, as town or 3p, to help people stay ahead of the curve. I don't get the speculation towards him having to be 3p more so than town despite bringing the cult to everyone's attention (some people feel deathly afraid of cults so it's not unnatural to have that kind of reaction as Ex wanting to focus on finding cult).

@ JD:

I'm a confident person. Sometimes.

a'lana

cotton candy
Also I don't think mafia would get standard info about cult existing, usually mafia at most only gets informed about possibility of a 3p but not the specifics

a'lana

cotton candy
And yeah I think mafia is uncultable by standard or they could snitch on their entire team

a'lana

cotton candy
in other news: still feeling a'lana town, DawningWinds could go either way but gut says town, whereas KoD's a gut scum.
Why is KoD scum? I actually think he seems very different from how he was in the storm game where he immediately started hard tunneling people

a'lana

cotton candy
Tbh bee cult made no sense that game because town had won already but then scum got resurrected without prior mechanics

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Tbh bee cult made no sense that game because town had won already but then scum got resurrected without prior mechanics

Town hadn't actually won yet. Storm was scum who hadn't been lynched. But yeah, Bee Cult doesn't really count. I had even forgotten about it as an example of a cult and I was the one who made it. Lmao.

a'lana

cotton candy
Hey I've been working on reads stuff I guess.

Most of these posts are about the whole "loving" thing. I can't really do much with that because I genuinely have no clue whether or not it's pointless fluff or something that actually adds something to the game.

I'm not gonna focus on any one of these posts, but I'd like to note that the only person she's focused on is Ex. Idk if that's indicative of anything but it's slightly odd to me. More odd is Minish not doing anything. Minish not doing things once people are talking and speculating is something I think comes more from scum Minish than town Minish. Though she hasn't been in

RVS. NAI.

These are reasonable questions under most circumstances though probably NAI. I'm under the impression that Squid forgot about the rule that answering these questions would break but that's also not really AI.

I do not like this post. It feels defensive about something that did not seem worth defending against and attempts to call out hypocrisy that doesn't exist. (I talked about why I didn't like this post before but it maybe wasn't clear that I didn't like it so I'll give them a pass for not having reponded.

I commented on how I felt about this being the case but I will say that this is the closest thing they have to a read and it is not getting us very far. Also I find it slightly eyebrow raising that they express doubt at the possibility of singling out a cult leader immediately before attempting to single out the cult leader.

If you need someone to explain any words to you I can try but also half my definitions of these terms are probably only semi-accurate.

In that case I hate you extra.

Leaning a bit scum on Squid.

Neither of these tell us vey much.

I kinda agree with this take on Ex? It's probably at least the most similar to where I've been at but the lack of any explanation as to why this is her take is weird.

I can't do words I guess.

Asking why people do things is moderately helpful, though its something scum who aren't doing much might do to try and add to the conversation.

I agree that singling out the cult leader at this point could be difficult, for someone who says she's just gonna focus on lynching anyone scummy I sure haven't seen a lot of that.

Okay so she finds Caps to be different from Storm's game I guess and that his reads are based on NAI stuff. But she doesn't comment on whether or not she's inclined to read him one way or another based on that? Stating that someone's playing a bit differently doesn't always mean that you think their alignment is different?

I'm gonna be honest I forgot what this was a response to and I am not gonna go find it because I don't feel like it'd affect my read on her.

Overall: Feeling mildly scummy? She's talked about scumhunting but hasn't actually done any, and feels like she's not really commiting to many thoughts on players besides Ex.

Why did I even make this spoiler.

Adds a bit on his take on the existance of a cult.

States that he does not believe Storm to be claiming

This adds nothing to the game at all.

I'm gonna tentatively call this lack of engagement something I associate more with a town KoD? I feel like scum KoD based on the one game I've seen of his is more prone to find every available fight to pick. Admittedly Town KoD tends to too so this is not strong but I did feel like scum KoD leaned more into the argue with everyone thing. That said I'd like to see more content from him.

This is her only post since confirming. It says she's not gonna be around a ton but I'd like to see something from her. I don't think low activity is scum-indicative for her as scum Neon is from my understanding just as high-activity as town Neon but it'd be really cool if she did something AI.

RVS on Minish. This sorta RVS and its continuation in the next post is NAI I think at the stage he did this.

He kinda backtracked on the immortal thing? I didn't really take it seriously to begin with but okay.

Hopefully that contains something AI because I do not know how to read this slot.

This section felt like a waste of time because I feel like I've come to no new conclusions.

I was gonna wait till I finished this to post it but people are talking again so instead I'm gonna do the remaining few as the thread moves along so I can try to respond to things as they happen. Also I did Min's section before her latest post obviously so I'm gonna come back to that in a bit. Sorry that most of the people talked about here are the ones who haven't done much I picked a spot towards the middle of the list and have been working my way out and apparently that's where all the people who haven't done anything are.
I want to townread this list even though I do think you saying I'm not scumhunting is a bit early in game

Re the caps stuff I literally implied that I'm conflicted because on one hand he seems more solvy but on the other hand the tryharding can be scum indicative for him.

The 'fair enough' was a response to capsfan explaining why he seems different which was that in Storm's game he wasn't caught up. He gave me a reason not to read into it

I power read through. I feel like the narrative being spun by several people that Ex/Cin Min contains scum is being pushed by scum (as in someone among the rabble joining that cause is likely scum given the amount of times it has been mentioned). Easy to hide behind there, eh, Caps?

As for my content or lack there of, you're only going to get what I am able to post at certain times. Fraid that's how the game is played.

Right now I'm sitting at a makeup of Ex and Cin Min being town (though I recognize that Ex could be motivated as a 3p, but I don't see why he'd bother drawing that much attention onto himself -- indeed just mentioning the existence of the cult is fine, but he's gotten a lot of negative attention for it it seems which drives my suspicion that there is scum among those pushing that notion).

JD will always hold a special place in my heart as my waifu even if he's trying to prod me. He's town to me as far as I am concerned.

As for most others, nothing really impressionable left for me to read. A lot of the content in this thread is centered on the cult talk around Ex while some (like Dawning) are doing a decent job of engaging on multiple fronts.

a'lana

cotton candy
But
I would think that a loverifier would be more of a town role, in which case Libk would probably just choose two people who seem least likely to be killed instead of outing possible lovers to Mafia?
But doesnt lover mean that two people die with each other? So why would town choose two town to be lovers? Or is lover different role here

Uh, 24 hours only?
Also vote caps
Vote: ExLight

Odds of this being 3p or maf are way higher than rand lol
Correct, unless your knowledge also implies that there is no Mafia and that the Cult is the sole evil faction.
Town generally care about finding Mafia above all else

Ex does not seem to care much about finding Mafia
...and Ex hasn't been?

lol
The automatic the cult is hostile seems hasty tbh?

okay but he's not doing just that lol
*automatic assumption
Also why is alana town for saying she won't focus on cult or not cult when I'm out here saying basically the same thing but I'm wrong @TheCapsFan
Chaos Mafia

also p sure that one NGA game

so actually all of my cults I think
Yeah get dunked on
You were in that game!

@TheCapsFan
See I'm not crazy
Kill Ex move on to D2 QED
Bee cult was definitely A Thing That Existed
That's not why I at'd you

I at'd you because this feels like another you-in-SF1 moment
Ex out here saying I-in-particular shouldn't have benign cult experience when we were both in that game

not as blatant as you in sf1

But same vibes

can't tell if the reduced blatant-ness makes it better or worse lol
No because I seem to remember you yourself claiming that was a "big oopsie" or whatever and I believe that doesn't make it town-AI to do similar but rather less strictly scum-AI than I would have anticipated
You need to work on your memory my guy

"7+ years of experience" or whatever does you no good if you've forgotten all of it :P
But yes Ex should die glgl
>=1 prob nontown

Ex deffo looks worse for it imo
Because it means you don't have to find Mafia

-Cult might be nonhostile. This take reads with much less certainty than I had initially thoughout.
-Ex scum/3p and needs to die. My initial thought was that it was the same line of thinking as Numbers believing Ex to be uncultable Mafia. But I do not get that impression anymore, moreso that he just thinks its more likely that scum has cult related knowledge and I do not see why?? His tunnel Ex feels a lot more not great than it did before especially since some of his points (like Min having cult knowledge somehow making Ex look worse) just do not make sense to me.
That basically kinda seems to be it? Literally nothing here makes me want to read town on him and I have no idea why I've been defending him honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom