• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

i think the best humor in games is honestly humor with context, idk if theres a better term for that. running gags maybe?

like the game gets you familiar with the characters, and you learn like interactions they have and beef they have and all that, so like, they may react completely different to something based on another character involved and its funny specificlaly because its those two characters and what you know about them

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
gregg-night-in-the-woods.gif

Yeah, the colors are just close enough

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
you're missing the point of the question

you're supposed to hate him. they made him obnoxious. you hate him. you're supposed to hate him

is he a good character for making you hate him?

can you acknowledge a character can fulfill what they're supposed to do and be a good character for that, without you liking them as a character? or does a character have to be agreeable for you to consider them as "good"

partly asking this because you're writing a story and it might be useful to you to consider
Well I mean, I guess yeah he does a good job of being obnoxious

and I’m not saying all characters I think are good have to be agreeable. I found Luke Atmey a fantastic villain and I loved him and he’s a psychopathic genius who fakes being a detective and theif to get away with murder and blackmail

I found Pale King very interesting as a character and I disagree with what he did to stop the infection and take a part in starting it

You said you weren’t big on Zote before and I’m pretty curious as to why. He’s supposed to be unlikeable, he’s a joke character, he’s someone you want to punch in the face but humorous at the same time

And when I write my story I don’t want to put in a character like Sal there. Not if they don’t contribute much and just a bad stereotype. Why would I just include a random annoying side character like that

You said you weren’t big on Zote before and I’m pretty curious as to why. He’s supposed to be unlikeable, he’s a joke character, he’s someone you want to punch in the face but humorous at the same time
i like zote...

i just hate his bossfight.

liking character as a character and as a boss are two different things.

i laugh at people who think traitor lord is my favorite boss.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
i like zote...

i just hate his bossfight.

liking character as a character and as a boss are two different things.

i laugh at people who think traitor lord is my favorite boss.
It’s just, when you said
i cant say i care a whole lot for zote but i adore fuff
I thought you were talking about them as characters as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom