• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
question for you darknut

lets use that sal monella guy as an example

he is a character that you're supposed to hate. and he does a good job at making you hate him. so he has effectively fulfilled the purpose of his character

with that in mind, would you acknowledge he is a good character for achieving the intended result of his writing
Not really

They overused his joke of computer text too much that it felt really annoying

And the game treats it like his pedophilia is fine, they think he’s a weirdo but never pointed him out on his gross behavior, which I hate

And his whole shtick is “fat grown up nerd who spends a lot of time on social media” which is a really bad gimmick

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
Probably the thing that left me most bitter about Undertale in the end was the constant need for the game to vilify me for my actions when I was trying so hard not to fight anyone

Not really

They overused his joke of computer text too much that it felt really annoying

And the game treats it like his pedophilia is fine, they think he’s a weirdo but never pointed him out on his gross behavior, which I hate

And his whole shtick is “fat grown up nerd who spends a lot of time on social media” which is a really bad gimmick
you're missing the point of the question

you're supposed to hate him. they made him obnoxious. you hate him. you're supposed to hate him

is he a good character for making you hate him?

can you acknowledge a character can fulfill what they're supposed to do and be a good character for that, without you liking them as a character? or does a character have to be agreeable for you to consider them as "good"

partly asking this because you're writing a story and it might be useful to you to consider

44f1315b9a.png

Gorozoron

wild ride
Something something the Jojo creator makes his villains kick dogs because it's an easy way to get people to hate you
Dio burns the dog alive and in the manga they show the process of the dog slowly burning from what I've heard.
In the show it's just like "John, Dio burnt the dog alive." "AAH ****! THAT *****!" "Ahem, pardon the dog pun."

on the pedophile thing though i'd say making the pedophile character unlikeable is the game pretty much saying that its not okay, so i dont think they need to POINT OUT his gross behavior, if like, the character himself is bringing attention to that on his own

show, dont tell, as they say

wouldn't it be awful if they made a sympathetic pedophile? yeah stick with the repulsive one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom