• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

it shouldn't

much better than accidentally letting scum kill twice or something

anyways let's get an extension through yeah?

see basically no downside for town to do so

Fig

The Altruist
About this, can you give help me understand your reads on them (Fext and Killjoy) and how they evolved throughout the day a bit better?

I'm personally townreading Fext, which makes me a bit more iffy on Killjoy; but I feel like you been a bit on the fence on the whole thing.
If you were scumreading Fext you'd've voted him, I'm assuming, but it feels like you considered the slip relatively towny? I think you mentioned Ragnarokio, Storm, and Seanzie as people that bothered you, but personally I also see Killjoy as being one of the main forces pushing you down the lane since by shifting the load on you they've been able to kinda go under the radar for previously being "unfair" to Fext.

I think I'd be fine with anyone among Killjoy/Ragnarokio/Fig/Seanzie getting lynched, in this order, maybe. Looking forward more activity from Minish, Kirino, PK, Viral, aLiT, Deku because I was really not satisfied by their posts so far, be it in amount or in substance (**** this is just such a long list *punches floor*)

Sure thing. I see Fext as neutral at best, scumlean at worst. How they acted throughout the game has been perplexing but I have yet to see anything they said that would tell me they are mafia. As far as I know, they simply didn't like having eyes on them this early in the game (me and Killjoy simply acknowledging their statement) and frantically waved their arms trying to look like town with a "Guys it's not me honest, don't kill me please, I am the one spamming messages so I can look like I'm contributing so please let's forget about this" mentality. Even with Killjoy's vote against me, they are still seen as a neutral for me at best and worst. At the very least they provided some kind of reasoning to why they voted for me even if I disagree with it. Unfortunately in the case of Fext they just post white noise or in Killjoy's case, there just wasn't nothing for me to decipher an alignment but at least contributed to the conversation from time to time. As for Killjoy shifting the load onto me, fair point though I would like to imagine I too would have distance myself from him if we switched positions, albeit I wouldn't have voted for him because if I were to judge my own conclusions, sure I could have worded it better, but seeing me as mafia is ridiculous because this is based on one word rather than full statements that could have provided more context.

why are you doing this

If there's one thing that bothers me, it's people not taking this seriously. Sure it is a social game at the end of the game, but I find it frustrating that Fext effectively has been able to get away with almost anything and then posts these meme responses near the end of the day. If they really cared, they would have provided me with that elaboration I asked them since the beginning when they said I was giving them a "unfair assessment." Unaswered questions in a game like this always bother me because now I'm left wondering on the grand scale of things.

Also the whole claim thing. Rag pings me a bit with her post about that, when I've otherwised liked Rag's contributions. Both Fig and Rag said that Fig should wait to claim until there's a competing wagon. However, Fig has been the main focus of the day. He's been the biggest wagon. And waiting til there is a competing wagon to claim sounds bad to me. Why wait? The thing that could save you is your claim. So how are you going to convince people to join a competing wagon otherwise? Also, most activity with wagon changes doesn't happen til near eod. Which just causes a bunch of chaos if suddenly it's like an hour til eod, another wagon starts growing, Fig claims, and everyone scrambles to discuss the claim and figure out what to do. That only benefits mafia. So it kinda seems like there's a decent potential of Fig or Rag being scum (or potentially both and this was a distancing thing that completely backfired, especially with Fig's posts of blaming Rag for stuff which if he flipped scum could be an attempt to take heat off of her).

Which is what I've been trying to tell Ragnarokio this whole time. Given my role, this only helps mafia should I claim and we don't have enough time because not everyone is going to be in the final hours of the game. Because Ragnarokio has been leading the conversation of my execution (leading town tends to be a mafia tactic by the way), I wouldn't be surprised if Ragnarokio is at the very least non-town/mafia and at this point, I want them out of the game as soon as possible after I'm killed although that's just me being salty and petty but it's my genuine feelings at the moment.

After how I dug into his "joke" I started town reading him Though as soon as he brought my age into this, I've become really wary all over again.
Not sure if you are talking about me. Assuming you are because the "joke" was the "admission of chat that even you brought up", where did I mention your age??? If you are not talking about me, then ignore this.

okay so what I'm hearing is we vote for Chevy and extension

at this point I see zero reason why town shouldn't just all vote for an extension? I don't think they're limited beyond the 1/day thing
So now all of a sudden you are proposing for a Chevy wagon because "you saw Chevy vent?" First you brought up this random age thing regarding players and now not even giving us a reason to vote for Chevy except for another failed vibe check? Again, you have offered nothing but white noise in your posts and it doesn't help town. Give me an actual reason to Chevy's "vent." Was it something they specifically said? Did they contradict themselves in any way? Or are you just trying to be a meme?

Not sure if you are talking about me. Assuming you are because the "joke" was the "admission of chat that even you brought up", where did I mention your age??? If you are not talking about me, then ignore this.
My bringing it up was more me working on trying to clear him. Joke or not, I still knew there was the Lovers chat which could be ruled out and the masons chat.

I was referring to Fext about that one. Sorry for the confusion

The following gave the impression that Deku was talking about Fext:
Yeah, that is a bit of a hole. That said, the joke is strange no matter who made it, newb or veteran, so I've kinds given up trying to find the meaning behind that exact post. Most of my readings have been more about what he's done since.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
anyways let's get an extension through yeah?

see basically no downside for town to do so

In the past I have been vehement of my disdain for extensions and no lynches on day 1. but do whatever. anyhow i'll try to get a list out before the day ends in like 4 hours

Fig

The Altruist
My bringing it up was more me working on trying to clear him. Joke or not, I still knew there was the Lovers chat which could be ruled out and the masons chat.

I was referring to Fext about that one. Sorry for the confusion

The following gave the impression that Deku was talking about Fext:
No worries, I was just confused and I wanted clarity. Wasn't sure because apparently Fext was using the mentioning of the chat as a meme/joke/bait so I wasn't sure if you meant that or something. Thanks for the clarity.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
skimmed the last 6 pages

if fig hasn't claimed yet they should. It doesn't look like a competing wagon will prop up and time ir unning low.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I explained it a little bit in the post right before that. I've generally agreed with Rag's posts until she said for Fig not to claim until a competing wagon happened. Because I feel like scum Rag would know that that wouldn't happen til close to eod and by then Fig claiming would just cause chaos that benefits mafia. Also think that the Fig/Rag stuff could be distancing play that's really backfired.

I can't remember my exact wording but i think i said something to the extent of it would be better to wait to claim and that it would be nice if a competing wagon happened, and i stand by that. I was worried about fig claiming prematurely. I also think that "end of day chaos" tends to benefit the town more than the mafia. Votes changing quickly when the deadline is close yield a lot of information for town and gaining information on day 1 is probably more valuable than marginally increasing the odds of killing scum. With that said, I'm not convinced the odds of killing scum are lower and not higher in a CFD scenario.

can somebody with more familiarity with the role list tell me how likely it is we have a Sheriff but not a Framer or Godfather

iirc every game of pens has had a godfather, so in theory zero or close to zero percent.

Fig

The Altruist
skimmed the last 6 pages

if fig hasn't claimed yet they should. It doesn't look like a competing wagon will prop up and time ir unning low.
If you just skimmed then I'll bring it up on behalf of Morbid that me claiming this late into the day only benefits mafia. The full quote is here:
Also the whole claim thing. Rag pings me a bit with her post about that, when I've otherwised liked Rag's contributions. Both Fig and Rag said that Fig should wait to claim until there's a competing wagon. However, Fig has been the main focus of the day. He's been the biggest wagon. And waiting til there is a competing wagon to claim sounds bad to me. Why wait? The thing that could save you is your claim. So how are you going to convince people to join a competing wagon otherwise? Also, most activity with wagon changes doesn't happen til near eod. Which just causes a bunch of chaos if suddenly it's like an hour til eod, another wagon starts growing, Fig claims, and everyone scrambles to discuss the claim and figure out what to do. That only benefits mafia. So it kinda seems like there's a decent potential of Fig or Rag being scum (or potentially both and this was a distancing thing that completely backfired, especially with Fig's posts of blaming Rag for stuff which if he flipped scum could be an attempt to take heat off of her).

I explained it a little bit in the post right before that. I've generally agreed with Rag's posts until she said for Fig not to claim until a competing wagon happened. Because I feel like scum Rag would know that that wouldn't happen til close to eod and by then Fig claiming would just cause chaos that benefits mafia. Also think that the Fig/Rag stuff could be distancing play that's really backfired.

Ragnarokio

If you're really town and you don't claim you'll probably die. Its certainly in your interest to claim. Minish was saying that claiming earlier as opposed to later would be preferable because it would give town more time to properly react to the claim. She wasn't saying that claiming was a bad idea fullstop.

Fig

The Altruist
Alright, since you are still hellbent on leading this bandwagon against I'm going to claim that I'm the doctor/healer for this group. Already hinted this in previous posts if you looked carefully but at this point it's too late.

Fig

The Altruist
EBWODP:

Alright, since you are still hellbent on leading this bandwagon against me, I'm going to claim that I'm the doctor/healer for this group. Already hinted this in previous posts if you looked carefully but at this point it's too late.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
EBWODP:

Alright, since you are still hellbent on leading this bandwagon against me, I'm going to claim that I'm the doctor/healer for this group. Already hinted this in previous posts if you looked carefully but at this point it's too late.

claiming doctor day 1 will not save you
i know from experience

Fig

The Altruist
claiming doctor day 1 will not save you
i know from experience
Exactly why I didn't want to claim but Ragnarokio insisted to do so. I knew before making that claim and you can see that with me not wanting to claim that it was a bad idea as I would become the immediate target for mafia, but Ragnarokio is full of themselves that they believe they are correct in believing I'm non-town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom