• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Gathering II - Gods of Kaldheim Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Also, because I keep forgetting to, here's a list of all the Gods of Kaldheim.
  1. Alrund, God of Wisdom and the Cosmos (Blue)
  2. Birgi, God of Boasting (Red)
  3. Cosima, God of the Voyage (Blue)
  4. Egon, God of Death (Black)
  5. Esika, God of the World Tree (Green)
  6. Halvar, God of Battle (White)
  7. Jorn, God of Winter (Green)
  8. Kolvori, God of Kinship (Green)
  9. Reidane, Goddess of Justice (White)
  10. Tergrid, God of Fear (Black)
  11. Toralf, God of Fury (Red)
  12. Valki, God of Lies (Black)
Add in Tibalt from the sign-up post and Tyvar Kell from the confirmed N1 kills, and we need to also include the Kaldheim Planeswalkers:
  1. Tyvar Kell (Green)
  2. Kaya the Inexorable (White-Black)
  3. Niko Aris (White-Blue)
  4. Tibalt, Cosmic Impostor (Black-Red)
What we can conclude from this is that there are 16 possibilities for characters, Planeswalkers likely are all power roles of some kind, and those with Black as a primary color are scum. This is supported by how role AND name claims are not allowed. My money is not Tibalt being Godfather.

In turn, this means anyone softing Tibalt, Valki, Tergrid, or Egon is scummy. Meanwhile, between Halvar, Kolyori, Reidane, and Toralf, one of them is likely Vig with one of the others being Doc or BG. Alrund or Esika is likely Cop.
Wrong

Why's that?

What was your first thought upon seeing the night results?

Someone needs to look at the dead people's reads
I'm far too busy to do it myself you see

Here;

Here's who I scumlean and why:
ExLight: He's freaking out in a way I've never seen him act. I've played with him as scum and town, but this feels more town.

Moe, or Mikey, whatever his name is these days:
Why is he so inactive and planning on it? Very odd. He also had that "town hardclaim" and said to vote Deku. My only problem is that he believed Sunfan on ExLight. :shrug:

Giri: 1 ****post, also talked about killing the host.

Townleaning Sun for tunneling ExLight, I like his points.

Everyone else I'm null. I see there's a new post, so lemme read that before I vote.

Minish is definitely playing more passively than usual, but this is a slow game and I know that she can be active and aggressive as mafia, so I'm uncertain whether to scum read her for it. Part of me wants to lynch her just because I know she's awful to play against as scum, though that's probably a bad reason. I think her flip would be revealing, though, on Mikey and Sun.

Giri has started being a bit more active, though I doubt it'll last. His contributions are pretty lackluster and seem like they're only meant to show he's doing something.

The one thing in common between Kirino and ChevyWolf30 is that both suspected Giri. Doesn't mean much since the two kills are unlikely to come from the same faction imo, though.

Also of note, Kirino trusted Rubik (here).

Sunfan is my most scum read for now. It's true that he was very vocal and drew a lot of attention. But it is also a play style, but a one that needs a lot of guts and experience to pull this. But I'm pretty sure Sunfan is capable of something like this

This is similar to what Minish said;

I don't know if phase ended or anything yet. But y'all seriously trying to kill me? One of Sun/Mikey/Kirino has got to be scum powerwolfing.

Can't remember right now, why didn't you vote last phase?

do you (Kale and Reki) need any sort of context or meta on any people here since it’s your first time playing here?

Sure, thank you. I think Chevy getting killed is a bit weird considering they got votes and suspicion last phase that could've been used today. Sun even said "rude", too. What do you think could be going on there? Don't recall any softing on their part either.

my one take is that the list lists the dead players as "exiled" maybe there's a way they all come back to life?

This would be considered bastard-ish in my community. Would that be the case here too? Because the game was advertised as newbie-friendly.

Also re-reading a bit, this exchange of yours is kinda funny in retrospect;

god, do you want people to kill you to ruin this chance for you?

?

Is this a threat?

no, but I'm pretty sure posting that will increase the chance that the mafia/sk kills you n1 just because they think it'd be funny, which is apparently all people make nightkills for nowadays

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Oh well it looks like the dead people are wrong
Unless giri is a wolf, then they're only mostly wrong

It's really hard to know which one was the wolf kill if I'm being honest
If sunfan is a wolf I think chevy is the wolf kill and that's about all I've got rn

Very helpful. Much specific.

I did see you claim one of the OG Theros gods, but if that's truly the case, I'm wondering why this game is called Gods of Kaldheim if most of the gods aren't from Kaldheim.

Alternatively, all the non-Kaldheim gods could be scum, in which case...

Unvote
Vote: Mikey the Moblin

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Sure, thank you. I think Chevy getting killed is a bit weird considering they got votes and suspicion last phase that could've been used today. Sun even said "rude", too. What do you think could be going on there? Don't recall any softing on their part either.
Uh, Minish/Kirino/Sunfan/Rubik are probably considered the strongest players, with the last one having spurs of inactivity every now and then. They’re usually really consistent and great and yadda yadda. Minish and Kirino are more analytical and logical, Sun is usually more carefree and AtE directed, and Rubik is a mix of gut feeling and analytical but sometimes he lacks the will to push his reads.

Me/SMS/Moe are veterans, and we have games that go from absolute catastrophes to perfect games; so we’re pretty decent despite being inconsistent. Moe has a spammy jokester and tunnelish style, SMS always has aggressive scummy vibes but I feel like he’s more tinfoily or lazy as town and more cocky as scum. I’m me hi uwu, don’t even bother trying to read me and just trust me yeet.

Jinjo and Naga are both really good but occasional players so everyone’s meta on them are limited. I know a bit more of Jinjo and I would describe her as maybe very strong willed and focused and despite coming off as lurkish or low effort often she’s usually pretty dedicated. Naga is just always under the radar to me :glare:.

Giri and Chevy are newcomers to mafia, each with less than half a dozen games each, so they’re still finding their style and are a bit unpredictable.

And then there’s you and Kale. I just popped outta a game with her and she came off as kind of a mix of Sunfan and Moe vibes to me in it, so kinda memeish/spammy/tunnelly/carefree. She was dead by the time I subbed in that game so I saw her more as a spectator than anything.

I’m not really sure either. I didn’t notice any sorts of softing too, and chevy is an inexperienced player (this was his 3rd game), so it’s a bit strange he got shot.

I can kinda either see this as: a veteran making some sort of challenge towards the more experienced in a sort of “I can be left with all strong players and still win”; Sunfan meme killing a wolf; or Sunfan being framed.

Why are you voting me then, lol
wdym
rolecop is a typical scum role :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom