• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
if she's gunning for you, you don't have to gun for her

You poor soul.

I've already laid out why I'm gunning for her. In and of itself her gunning for me wouldn't be reason to pursue her, but her approach lacks anything concrete and relies on an imagined scenario using only as proof that which does not lend directly to what she maintains against me. Besides, what Elzo (I think it was Ezlo) said about Rag's active scum game could be what we're seeing here now. I'm certainly not accustomed to an active Rag that isn't mechanically inclined (as that is the only diff I see when it comes to an active Rag). An active scum Rag that isn't actively building a dumpster fire for her team to survive would truly be a sight to behold. Right, Rubik?

As an aside, since I never got around to asking, what do you mean by headvoice, Silver?

Also, Rag is eager for a lynch. Trying to find one that will stick.

@Tevish: It's not a deathmatch, unless one of us is dead. It's D1. Rag can still be lynched for the uncharacteristic aggression and mudslinging/reckless assumption of reality. You could join me in righting this wrong by seeing that Rag gets lynched D1.

Actually, a lot of you could contribute to this. After all, you just may end up being voted by Rag next should SMS fail to be an appealing lynch like several before him (right, Rag?).

Besides, Rag is to D1 lynches like peanut butter is to jelly. They go together. Especially when there is just cause due to someone pushing a lynch for the sake of pushing regardless who it is.

*Starts on Page 51.*

You poor soul.

I've already laid out why I'm gunning for her. In and of itself her gunning for me wouldn't be reason to pursue her, but her approach lacks anything concrete and relies on an imagined scenario using only as proof that which does not lend directly to what she maintains against me. Besides, what Elzo (I think it was Ezlo) said about Rag's active scum game could be what we're seeing here now. I'm certainly not accustomed to an active Rag that isn't mechanically inclined (as that is the only diff I see when it comes to an active Rag). An active scum Rag that isn't actively building a dumpster fire for her team to survive would truly be a sight to behold. Right, Rubik?

As an aside, since I never got around to asking, what do you mean by headvoice, Silver?

Also, Rag is eager for a lynch. Trying to find one that will stick.

@Tevish: It's not a deathmatch, unless one of us is dead. It's D1. Rag can still be lynched for the uncharacteristic aggression and mudslinging/reckless assumption of reality. You could join me in righting this wrong by seeing that Rag gets lynched D1.

Actually, a lot of you could contribute to this. After all, you just may end up being voted by Rag next should SMS fail to be an appealing lynch like several before him (right, Rag?).

Besides, Rag is to D1 lynches like peanut butter is to jelly. They go together. Especially when there is just cause due to someone pushing a lynch for the sake of pushing regardless who it is.

*Starts on Page 51.*

this is the guy who you were comparing me to, Rag?
I didn't know you thought I was like this.

I'm eager for a lynch too. I think you're significantly wolfier than Rag. Yes, a lot of this has to do with Rag's case on you. I, and several others, found her points to he coherent, and your defense lacking. If you fight this fight, as things stand, I think you'll lose, and yes, I know rag was probably at L-2 earlier.

I've already been fighting this fight. Threatening me does not work. I don't know what you're angling at in defending Rag via trying to "bully" me away from her, but it certainly isn't a good fit for you. Just as you've stated that ***SOME*** of you find Rag to be making points, ***SOME*** do not agree on that.

As I've stated (not once, not twice, but many times) I've already laid out my reasoning for wanting Rag lynched. Failing at pushing at me, Rag is looking to push someone that seems good at the time (at one point you were once). I will not back down from that. If you dislike that, well, that's honestly too bad.

Spider-Man

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Ok, let's see what I've missed. This is Spider-Man #3, and I haven't picked a color yet. I guess I'll be... Green? That feels weird. But we haven't seen a Goblin yet, so hopefully this should not be too confusing.

If JD is Scarlet Spider, I have reason to believe that he might be able to return from exile.

Which reminds me, fellow Spider-Men, are your roles also named after comic titles? Not going to tell you which one I am, but it would be fun to know if I'm part of a theme or of I'm unique.

I've already been fighting this fight. Threatening me does not work. I don't know what you're angling at in defending Rag via trying to "bully" me away from her, but it certainly isn't a good fit for you. Just as you've stated that ***SOME*** of you find Rag to be making points, ***SOME*** do not agree on that.

As I've stated (not once, not twice, but many times) I've already laid out my reasoning for wanting Rag lynched. Failing at pushing at me, Rag is looking to push someone that seems good at the time (at one point you were once). I will not back down from that. If you dislike that, well, that's honestly too bad.
you're the one trying to bully, if anyone
I'm not interested in this pissing content, though

I have no interest in killing rag today, as I said earlier
good luck trying to get that kill through on this tunnel though
hope you're a wolf, never seems to be when I say that though

You are aware of what you directed at me in your last post, right? It was much more threatening in wording as opposed to your other post that, essentially, said to me, "You don't have to pursue Rag just because Rag is pursuing you."

Surely you see the difference. And surely you see how odd, to me, it is that you're, more or less, defending Rag.

Looking back at the recent vote count, was this "Carnage" scum in a previous game? I'm wondering Because the color used makes me wonder.

Hm, he also supposedly has joke votes.

This vote list is incredibly interesting...killjoy apparently has a mechanic that strengthens his votes depending on the color used. Carnage is also here. A vote on Rubik got voteblocked but its source was able to vote later.
I'm guessing that like myself other players have the ability to strengthen those who vote for them making their votes stronger. Though I don't know who all has the ability.

with the posts that funnier recently made, I'm getting a slight town read from him. But, at the same time. I can't really shake the feeling that something seems off. I just can't place it right off.

Ok, let's see what I've missed. This is Spider-Man #3, and I haven't picked a color yet. I guess I'll be... Green? That feels weird. But we haven't seen a Goblin yet, so hopefully this should not be too confusing.

If JD is Scarlet Spider, I have reason to believe that he might be able to return from exile.

Which reminds me, fellow Spider-Men, are your roles also named after comic titles? Not going to tell you which one I am, but it would be fun to know if I'm part of a theme or of I'm unique.
Are you refering to purple spidey and Red Spidey, Green?

Also,

Vote - Rag

I'm still getting scum reads from how she's having an on again off again feud with KoD

With Rags, it feels more like she's still on KoD for some supposed "lie" that he said about his "extra voter" ability. I reread Kods posts during that initial time right after Ex mentioned the ability. With Rags case, it feels to me like she in particular is trying hard for a bandwagon. Which isn't sitting too well imo

@Sun:

I read your post in full. That includes the last part. That doesn't change the words you used. Especially since that was about Rag as opposed to me.

So, aside from the obvious, what is your point? That you don't think ill6lose this fight since Rag was possibly L-2 earlier?

Also, the feuds happen with people who intentionally seek it. That's the case here with Rag (in that Rag was intentional in picking a feud with me via pushing her case on me).

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I can't quite claim Minish's zest for individual, extended analysis, so I will start with a conglomerated 'read' in the sense that I consider most of the active and relatively active players to be town-like enough (e.g. Ezlo, Rag, Funnier) or potentially essential (e.g. Minish herself). All of these players have at least either committed to positions that we can later vet them by or else have contributed some kind of meaningful information with regards to the game state.

My concerns at this stage of the game revolve hinge more closely on the set of players who are either not active or who have tried to portray a veneer of activity without actually taking any substantive positions on alignment or game state.

In the first instance we have the following:

Naga, Doc, Hapi

With minor contributions but otherwise low activity from:

Tevish, funnier, Captan Lunch

Inactivity is, of course, strongly sub-optimal from a town perspective, but it is also unavoidable to some extent (in that some of us have actual real lives), plus some players simply do have less to say, so I am not necessarily inclined to lynch such actors. If, however, any town-aligned or town-compatible player has a night kill, it is often worthwhile to winnow the ranks of the totally uncommitted (that is, the first set of three) so as to reduce the game to the set of readable players.

My more abiding concerns, however, regard the players who purport to contribute but who have contributed little beyond the superficial. There are two such: Silverfish and Poyzin. Minish has largely covered the latter case, but I will add that in addition to the bare claim of 'I totally read stuff' without actually analyzing the 40 odd pages of material, the vote on Dusky still sits poorly with me (I actually checked, and Dusky at this time sat in the middle of the pack, with most of her posts having been made on the previous day).

This leaves Silverfish. I recently reviewed their posts, and in line with my instincts I found a significant number of posts that announce or confirm their presence, a variety of posts that wonder idly about game mechanics or characters accounts, and a few light 'analyses' that don't stray far beyond the circumstantial, but little in terms of actual substantive analysis. Given their otherwise high participation, I find this suspect.

As such,

Unvote, Vote: Silverfish

I am willing to retract this vote in exchange for a comprehensive analysis of the game state that includes a list of the game's most suspect players. Presuming, of course, that I am convinced by the contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom